+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tollas

Thread: 1.5 motifs request

Soulwalker

Default 1.5 motifs request

5 points into a soul and motifs are still only 30 seconds. Can we get this increased to 60 seconds or lets get crazy and say 3 minutes?

The only reason I can think of for us to be hitting 5 buttons every 30 seconds during fights would be to stop us from doing too much... dps... or healing?

I never though I would find a buff worse then 'refresh' in final fantasy but even that was like 1:30 seconds.

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzie View Post
    5 points into a soul and motifs are still only 30 seconds. Can we get this increased to 60 seconds or lets get crazy and say 3 minutes?

The only reason I can think of for us to be hitting 5 buttons every 30 seconds during fights would be to stop us from doing too much... dps... or healing?

I never though I would find a buff worse then 'refresh' in final fantasy but even that was like 1:30 seconds.
    Or just replace that silly Motif we get to play on critters and replace it with a Motif that refreshes all Motifs currently up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alu View Post
    Or just replace that silly Motif we get to play on critters and replace it with a Motif that refreshes all Motifs currently up.
    Excellent idea! A motif refresh ability would alleviate the pain of casting 5 motifs EVERY 30 secs. It'd also give people a reason to go deeper into the bard tree.
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

I like this idea. My previous suggestion was waterbreathing, but since they arbitrarily gave that to everyone in Waves of Madness this sounds like a good second-best.

Telaran

What? Get rid of the best skill in the game?
    Why, just last night in DH I had a group of 10 or so crabs rounded up into one spot! No other soul can pull that off!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzie View Post

Omg refresh in a Black mage party was so dam boring !!

I know Motifs were designed co create an active and engaging play style but all they did was create an ANNOYING PLAY STYLE. Please change them.

Rift Chaser

The silly motif isn't depriving Bards of anything else, balance wise -- that's why it's at 36 points where almost nothing ever was when Trion developed the system, because it was a freebie anyway.

I actually wish they'd come up with a harmonic system of sorts, rename the motifs to "tones" and let you create "chords" out of them that result in higher degrees of buffing based on what each tone did. It's hard to articulate what I'm picturing -- anybody ever play City of Heroes/Villains and play with the Dual Blade powerset? It's approach to "combos" was literally that if you used certain powers in sequence, you gained a buff. If motifs/tones could be used in combination, you'd get an increased version of the buff or debuff. Something like that, something that would actually make bard a thinking man's soul. Currently, while bard has it's moments of fun, it's what I sign up to do when I want marks but don't want to have to concentrate.

Soulwalker

What is with that motif anyway? I understand it makes squirrels and rabbits and stuff follow you but whats the point.

I have been using it just for fun and dragging like 10 creatures with me into meridian XD

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
    The silly motif isn't depriving Bards of anything else, balance wise -- that's why it's at 36 points where almost nothing ever was when Trion developed the system, because it was a freebie anyway.

I actually wish they'd come up with a harmonic system of sorts, rename the motifs to "tones" and let you create "chords" out of them that result in higher degrees of buffing based on what each tone did. It's hard to articulate what I'm picturing -- anybody ever play City of Heroes/Villains and play with the Dual Blade powerset? It's approach to "combos" was literally that if you used certain powers in sequence, you gained a buff. If motifs/tones could be used in combination, you'd get an increased version of the buff or debuff. Something like that, something that would actually make bard a thinking man's soul. Currently, while bard has it's moments of fun, it's what I sign up to do when I want marks but don't want to have to concentrate.
    Yes! I know the blade buffs your talking about. Very unique mechanic.

The other one is how LOTRO did bard but that's an entire character class in that game so probably a little more effort went into making it fun to play, especially because its the equivalent of a main healer type.

+ Reply to Thread