+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pvp in 1.5 and hit

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Pvp in 1.5 and hit

    Hi, is there any plan to remove the utility of hit for pvp rogue in 1.5? Cause it's a pain to have to farm pve gear for pvp purpose only. Or you could simply add hit to pvp weapon.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    hit atm is too useful in pvp, if you rock 400 hit as a nightblade you can wreck a shield warriors day and he wont even know why or what hit him. but clerics and mages dont block dodge or parry anything (unless noob cleric has shield lol) so just attack them if you dont want to farm pve for hit.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  3. #3
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    hit atm is too useful in pvp, if you rock 400 hit as a nightblade you can wreck a shield warriors day and he wont even know why or what hit him. but clerics and mages dont block dodge or parry anything (unless noob cleric has shield lol) so just attack them if you dont want to farm pve for hit.
    Too bad you can't get 1100 valor and 400 hit >_>

  4. #4
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Survivability would go way down if you quip that much hit for pvp, I just stay away from warriors as a rogue and let our casters take care of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Voldor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Trion introduced Vengeance to avoid PvE players to use PvP gear in PvE content.
    BUT... PvP players need to PvE for PvE gear to use in PvP... AWESOME!!


    Damn was that confusing or what?! xD

  6. #6
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    I made a similar complaint when I hit R8 and swapped to the new weapons - I couldn't equip my gear without all my runes being for hit or I'd actually end up doing LESS damage, and even then ~100 hit wasn't cutting it at all.

    I'd love to see Vengeance give 1 hit per point, and the PvE separation would remain.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    hit atm is too useful in pvp, if you rock 400 hit as a nightblade you can wreck a shield warriors day and he wont even know why or what hit him. but clerics and mages dont block dodge or parry anything (unless noob cleric has shield lol) so just attack them if you dont want to farm pve for hit.
    If someone is gearing themselves to go after Shield warriors in PvP they are either doing it wrong or pigeonholing themselves for dueling warriors. Unless you have so much good gear laying around that you can build different PvP sets, which I guess some people might.

    You need some hit for PvP, but its not as serious as people make it out to be sometimes if you are attacking the right targets. If you make a habbit of going after warriors or defensive speced players you will need a little bit more, you should always be going after the easiest targets first though.

    I think in the ballpark of 100 is more than enough and thats not really hard to get.

  8. #8
    Qia
    Qia is offline
    Champion of Telara Qia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    If someone is gearing themselves to go after Shield warriors in PvP they are either doing it wrong or pigeonholing themselves for dueling warriors. Unless you have so much good gear laying around that you can build different PvP sets, which I guess some people might.

    You need some hit for PvP, but its not as serious as people make it out to be sometimes if you are attacking the right targets. If you make a habbit of going after warriors or defensive speced players you will need a little bit more, you should always be going after the easiest targets first though.

    I think in the ballpark of 100 is more than enough and thats not really hard to get.
    Without PvE gear but with full Hit runes I got parried by healing clerics that have justicar subsoul and Mien of Honor active. LOLOLOLOL!
    Ip

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    pvp shoulders, chest, legs, belt, boots, trinket, 6 lesser essences, chest enchant = all the valor you need. 400hit very easy with raid helm, gloves, weapons, gun, necklace, rings. only losing valor on necklace, rings, helm and gloves, that is acceptable in order to kill something.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    pvp shoulders, chest, legs, belt, boots, trinket, 6 lesser essences, chest enchant = all the valor you need. 400hit very easy with raid helm, gloves, weapons, gun, necklace, rings. only losing valor on necklace, rings, helm and gloves, that is acceptable in order to kill something.
    Have you ever complained about rogue survivability? If so you shouldnt be saying its all the valor you need.

    Well if its easy to get 400 then its even easier to get a number that you should actually be shooting for.

    You should keep it simple instead of listing out everysingle slot. If you have a superior raid weapon you should use it. Any other slot you are going to give up some valor if you want to slot a raid weapon with hit on it.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Just gem for the 75 hit you get from runes.

    You will still miss if they pop defensive cooldowns but you will land your attacks without any difficulty otherwise.

    Some people feel that isnt fair even still. i mean defensive cooldowns that dont defend against anything is the way it should be amirite?

    seriously though...you don't have to pve whatsoever to remain competitive in pvp. People who need a convienient excuse will tell you otherwise.
    Last edited by yayoh; 09-16-2011 at 11:11 AM.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    The solution all along was to remove hit from PVE weapons and place it on the PVE chest/shoulders/legs/boots. It would have stopped the usage of pvp armor in pve and solved the abundance of hit in pvp issues. No need for vengeance stat.

    Does Trion do smart things like the above suggestion?
    Last edited by Ruwyn; 09-16-2011 at 12:50 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    pvp shoulders, chest, legs, belt, boots, trinket, 6 lesser essences, chest enchant = all the valor you need. 400hit very easy with raid helm, gloves, weapons, gun, necklace, rings. only losing valor on necklace, rings, helm and gloves, that is acceptable in order to kill something.
    I was thinking of using 4 piece hk + synergy in pvp So I guess I was already halfway to that conclusion. Would be using belt, boots, gloves and helm for the 4 piece and valor everywhere else.

    With raid weapons, helm and gloves, you're looking at ~250 hit w/o runes, a smidge under 800 valor, probably about 800 less hp, but you gain the 4 piece synergy crystal bonus + significantly better dps stats.

    Its something I've been mulling over. Probably won't have enough marks for the 4 piece until 1.5's out anyway, so I kinda shelved it for now.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts