+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats a good pvp build for a rogue at lv 37?

Soulwalker

Default Whats a good pvp build for a rogue at lv 37?

I trying to do alot of pvp with my rogue and i am having a hard time on the right build.

Right now i am using this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0R.iGsrkcko.0V
    Its great at range but once someone gets close to me i get my *** kicked.

Any suggestions on builds at my level can be melee or range doesnt matter.
    Last edited by greatone101; 09-15-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Champion

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k0M.VotzGoToos

Its a melee build that does decent ranged dmg but utterly fantastic melee deeps. Ive used it from 25 on and its worked fantastically.

Fell blades:50% less inc healing
    dark containment:i don't use dots so it lets me win most 2v1s. And turns 1v1s into a joke. Just cast, stack 5 charges, cast scourage of darkness and have somewere around 1.5k dmg built up on them before they can move...
    adhesive bomb: a fantastic snare to kite with (and stack charges) or keep a man away from you while you kill his healer
    ebon fury:a rampage button you do near double the dps with it up
    dusk to dawn: with deadly dance up ticks for 400-500(crits for 600+) 4 times in 4 secs while rooting and giving you 80 energy back in the time its being cast... wich is a free half a melee's health bar gone or crippled/finished backline healer
    Last edited by garethh; 09-15-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Champion

Champion

at 38 you could do this for a ranged build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRVzAudo.V0xzo

DM -> Barbed Shot -> IH&R or DM -> Pedestal -> Strafe should blow somebody up. Other than that, just run and gun.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k0M.VotzGoToos

Its a melee build that does decent ranged dmg but utterly fantastic melee deeps. Ive used it from 25 on and its worked fantastically.

Fell blades:50% less inc healing
    dark containment:i don't use dots so it lets me win most 2v1s. And turns 1v1s into a joke. Just cast, stack 5 charges, cast scourage of darkness and have somewere around 1.5k dmg built up on them before they can move...
    adhesive bomb: a fantastic snare to kite with (and stack charges) or keep a man away from you while you kill his healer
    ebon fury:a rampage button you do near double the dps with it up
    dusk to dawn: with deadly dance up ticks for 400-500(crits for 600+) 4 times in 4 secs while rooting and giving you 80 energy back in the time its being cast... wich is a free half a melee's health bar gone or crippled/finished backline healer
    Hey mate jsut giving this spec a try now and it looks like it'll be pretty interesting just not sure what you mean where you dark containment, build charges, then cast scourge of darkness. Do you mean here that you do 2 lots of 5 stacks of charges then detonate the last or what.. Sorry if its obvious just been bout 4 months since ive played and not sure how often you'd be able to do that in a pvp scenario

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaq View Post
    Hey mate jsut giving this spec a try now and it looks like it'll be pretty interesting just not sure what you mean where you dark containment, build charges, then cast scourge of darkness. Do you mean here that you do 2 lots of 5 stacks of charges then detonate the last or what.. Sorry if its obvious just been bout 4 months since ive played and not sure how often you'd be able to do that in a pvp scenario
    so dark containment staggers the enemy for 7 seconds. Wich means they cannot do anything untill they take damage, but i never use dots and sab charges don't count as damage ;) so for the 7 seconds they are under (usually either at the start of a deul or the end of one) you can stack 4*-5 free charges while they are utterly helpless, oh and on question the charges stay up for 1 minute after the last charge you applied, so you can just wait till someones week and blow them for that final damage spike. Its a fantastic build, and I've yet to find one that better fits my style (rediculous melee dps)

*In a perfect rotation I stack the 5th charge after i have used the finisher 'deadly strike' from the bladedancer tree because it puts up a deadly dance buff making the next 3 combo generating moves do 100% bonus damage and sabeteur charges are 'bugged' so if you stack 1 charge with deadly dance all of your charges on the enemy, even the ones already up, get the 100% bonus to damage too (untill you use detonate at least)... meaning u do a good 1/4 of someones life with 0 points in the sab tree ;)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-16-2011 at 07:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread