+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Infrawhite

Thread: Stabdancer-new sabodancer spec and rotation.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default Stabdancer-new sabodancer spec and rotation.

    Hello, After looking at the Dundancer spec i spent a day or so thinking about the general rotation of the spec and came out with this version of the spec, which at the least for me is pulling slightly higher dps than the Dundancer.
    The Stabdancer

    The rotation is very simple and much like the Dundancer's.
    Back-stab->spike-charge x4->deadly strike->puncture->spike-charge->detonate->repeat.

    As you repeat it the deadly strike being applied to back-stab and puncture beats out the rotation of the Dundancer where the deadly bonus was only applied to precision strike. Try it out and you should see a slight dps increase.

    Thx,
    Ferentina
    Last edited by Atrlion; 09-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Hey Atrlion,

    You may find it interesting to know that Michael Jackson is dead and Obama is now the president of USA.

    Sincerely.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    considering i was unable to find a post about a spec with these points or using this rotation in an hour of looking through the rogue forums, i would think its up to date and new, sorry if it isn't i hadn't found anybody else with it.

    also its 2011, Obama and MJ are so old now...get with the times: Osama is dead much more relevant.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Blakjak02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infrawhite View Post
    Hey Atrlion,

    You may find it interesting to know that Michael Jackson is dead and Obama is now the president of USA.

    Sincerely.
    I love you.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

    Message me in the game if you want to chat...

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infrawhite View Post
    Hey Atrlion,

    You may find it interesting to know that Michael Jackson is dead and Obama is now the president of USA.

    Sincerely.
    I honestly think you're extremely sad ..

    I wish I could punch your nerdy face for giving such a stupid answer. You could of atleast told him this spec was already known in a NORMAL way?

    Kids nowadays...

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    The rotation is very simple and much like the Dundancer's.
    wtf am i reading

  7. #7
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    884

    Default

    The new rotation is stacking 10 spike charges.


    Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara


  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    yea the rotation was showing a gain of dps before i even rotated in shrapnel charges, as of right now the rotation is:
    BS->spikex4->deadly strike->puncture->bs->spikex1->det->Bs-> sprapx4->deadly->puncture->bs->shrapx1->det->repeat.

    As far as i have been able to find there are no posts containing a rotation like the above or spec'd like the above. According to all my parses with the classic sabdancer, the dundancer and this new spec is showing the stabdancer ahead slightly.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    considering that all the posts you have linked are not the same as mine, yes i would say so. If your going to try and insult someone at least make sure you do it right. I have both backstab and puncture in this spec, and the rotation as of now is:
    Spikex2->backstab->spikex2->deadly strike->puncture->backstab->spike->det->shrapx2->backstab->shrapx2->deadly strike->puncture->backstab->shrap->deto-> repeat.
    The rotation and spec utilized all 3 of the deadly strike 101% bonus's instead of the just 2 and shows an increase in dps by using a deadly strike in with the shrap charges as well as spike charges instead of the more standard shrapx5->deto->spike rotation.

    At the least read and look at the spec before you try and be a smart ***.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    ... umadbro?

  12. #12
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    considering that all the posts you have linked are not the same as mine, yes i would say so. If your going to try and insult someone at least make sure you do it right. I have both backstab and puncture in this spec, and the rotation as of now is:
    Spikex2->backstab->spikex2->deadly strike->puncture->backstab->spike->det->shrapx2->backstab->shrapx2->deadly strike->puncture->backstab->shrap->deto-> repeat.
    The rotation and spec utilized all 3 of the deadly strike 101% bonus's instead of the just 2 and shows an increase in dps by using a deadly strike in with the shrap charges as well as spike charges instead of the more standard shrapx5->deto->spike rotation.

    At the least read and look at the spec before you try and be a smart ***.
    so youve posted an overly complicated dps loss? i could have done the same specing bard instead of assassin, then working in riff into my rotation.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    BS->spikex4->deadly strike->puncture->bs->spikex1->det->Bs-> sprapx4->deadly->puncture->bs->shrapx1->det->repeat.
    so basically, you do nothing for about 4 global cooldowns to do backstab again on the shrapnel part of the rotation, use more global cooldowns since you're doing deadly every time and its all to get a puncture in?

    gg brah
    Last edited by Arzo; 09-16-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    yea the rotation was showing a gain of dps before i even rotated in shrapnel charges, as of right now the rotation is:
    BS->spikex4->deadly strike->puncture->bs->spikex1->det->Bs-> sprapx4->deadly->puncture->bs->shrapx1->det->repeat.

    As far as i have been able to find there are no posts containing a rotation like the above or spec'd like the above. According to all my parses with the classic sabdancer, the dundancer and this new spec is showing the stabdancer ahead slightly.
    Before I troll and say there is a reason your rotation and spec cant be found anywhere else....can I see a parse to support your above claims? You should have at least 3 bro...dumdancer, sabdancer, and your stabdancer.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts