+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps difference from crafted weap to t3

Rift Disciple

Default dps difference from crafted weap to t3

hi...
    can someone tell me basically what the difference between these 2 would be?
    i'm in 4/4 crafted with all the best dex augments with the rest being full t3. i have the 52 ap trinket from gsb and a source engine with 6 BIS epic lessers.
    only spot i'm lacking is offhand. i have "blackhand blade" 29 dps, i think its called, from the t2 expert. the deathbringer dagger is 31.7 dps i think in my main hand.
    my guild is telling me "sorry pal get a better weap then you can come to HK with us"....so, will i be that bad?
    I would plan to use a sabsancer build, as it puts me at 311 hit and i like it.

If you think i would suk hind teat, tell me! i can take it!

Well, most people are requiring you to have at least 1300 sustained dps in a raid setting, so if you're really skilled. I'm sure you can achieve that, oh and try to get at least 320 hit rating before you do HK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

T3 weapons have higher DPS. Your off-hand weapon is important only as a stat-stick in a classical Sabdancer build. You're going to do less damage than someone with a T3 weapon though, as the DPS of the crafted dagger is 3 or 4 less than a T1 raid axe or dagger. Your hit is also a tad low, you want it at 320, or you will miss. Basically, you want the highest DPS weapon you can get in your main-hand, then the best stats you can get in your off-hand.

That said, they might just be benching you because you're the least geared of their rogues or something. They've only got 20 spots, so they're probably going to put their best foot forward for HK anyway.

Shadowlander

The Epic/Purple drops in raid give you 30+ hit and the Relic from 20 men raid are 40+ hit. By acquiring these you will pass your 320 requirement. 3DPS difference on a rouge weapon will make quite different. You can be parsed about 200+ dps to a lower one.

If you use attack skill from Blade Dancer, your off-hand is also important.
    Last edited by SamayouSamurai; 09-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

I see, thx for the responses, folks )...guess i'll keep workin on it

+ Reply to Thread