+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hokonoso
  • 1 Post By Ninjahax

Thread: Public test shard.

Default Public test shard.

After spending many hours on the pts trying out a myriad of soul combinations, I'm finding it extremely difficult to log into my live server rogue to play the current game. It's amazing how night and day the changes are, rogues with this notion were a half done class when RIFT was released, and they're just now receiving their just due polish.

How in the world did TRION allow rogues to go live in the launch of this game as they were! No wonder other classes felt so powerful compared, they were more polished than the rogue calling. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but it's my honest feelings when I get home from work and start the rift launcher.

Rift Disciple

Rogues were broken in Beta. It's not that they were incomplete. They did that between the end of beta and headstart. They didn't change them really ever again to adjust the meta-game on the massive cleric AND mage AND warrior changes.

And unlike what a lot of people say. Trion doesn't listen to QQ forum posts that have people raging on both sides of the debate. They listen to the threads that go something like this:

Other class: You're OP

Class under scrutiny: Yea, you're right. I picked this class to:

-Burst you down in a multi-stunlock if your cleanse is off CD (Beta Rogues) with other reasons (ranged pwnage etc)
    -Burst down a team in key points on the map or deal massive aoe pve damage (Pyros launch)
    -Heal through anything you got (Clerics 1.2/3/ I forget ?)

Other class:

Scrutinized class: ;)

>Trion watching with nerf bat<

I am not joking, per a few different dev mouths this has been said in podcasts I've heard.

tl;dr
    Rogues and OP SHUT UP after 1.5 if we are OP, maybe we will keep it a few patches!
    Last edited by VoiceofTreason; 09-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Rift Master

I'd like to ask something.

I'm playing a rogue I started last week. It seems to me that when you level up and go see your trainer to upgrade your abilities/spells, there are times when I can't train in anything.

My role is Sabo 44/Assassin 22/Ranger 2.

I guess the problem could be that I probably get increases in ranger and can't take that - only have 2 points there to increase the damage for your explosives/bombs. So, increases in Sabo and Assassin souls don't come up that often - does that make sense? I thought that maybe the game looks at your spec/role and boosts level increases in abilities in the other souls, and reduces them in your soul with the very low specs.

I'm not complaining, just would like to know how it works.

Thanks.

can only train abilities once. it's good to simply spec 51pts in a tree, train, then respec and do this with every tree so you have all abilities at max. keep in mind there are new abilities and new ranks with 1.5 so you will want to find those and retrain.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    can only train abilities once. it's good to simply spec 51pts in a tree, train, then respec and do this with every tree so you have all abilities at max. keep in mind there are new abilities and new ranks with 1.5 so you will want to find those and retrain.
    Thank you, that makes sense.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I'd like to ask something.

I'm playing a rogue I started last week. It seems to me that when you level up and go see your trainer to upgrade your abilities/spells, there are times when I can't train in anything.

My role is Sabo 44/Assassin 22/Ranger 2.

I guess the problem could be that I probably get increases in ranger and can't take that - only have 2 points there to increase the damage for your explosives/bombs. So, increases in Sabo and Assassin souls don't come up that often - does that make sense? I thought that maybe the game looks at your spec/role and boosts level increases in abilities in the other souls, and reduces them in your soul with the very low specs.

I'm not complaining, just would like to know how it works.

Thanks.
    This is a completely different thread inside this thread?!? wtf? I love how the OP likes hoko answering him too lol
    Last edited by VoiceofTreason; 09-16-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post
    This is a completely different thread inside this thread?!? wtf? I love how the OP likes hoko answering him too lol
    Hoko is an accomplished player and dedicated to all things rogue, I respect his efforts and detailed research. He puts time and effort in more so than most people, I can't see myself disagreeing much with his perspective, it's always insightful and predicated on facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by gunzip View Post
    hoko is an accomplished player and dedicated to all things rogue, i respect his efforts and detailed research. He puts time and effort in more so than most people, i can't see myself disagreeing much with his perspective, it's always insightful and predicated on facts.
    loooooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Hoko is an accomplished player and dedicated to all things rogue, I respect his efforts and detailed research. He puts time and effort in more so than most people, I can't see myself disagreeing much with his perspective, it's always insightful and predicated on facts.
    Well, except for PvP. I don't know why he doesn't PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Pvp in most modern games are always a side grade content, but still fun for my uses, pve is always participated by a much larger crowd in any game you play. TRION knows this and keeps a huge focus on creating new pve content for the majority community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    i'll pvp in rift the day they add it. farming warfronts for moneys to buy gear is not pvp. wow has pvp, this game does not. i still have hardcore pvp'er friends that are waiting for a real mmo with pvp to come out, until then they will continue playing wow. the pvp treadmill in wow does not exist, the problems with wow stem from the super easy pve side. hardcore pvpers still like being top of the world every season in arena, that imo will never get old.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i'll pvp in rift the day they add it. farming warfronts for moneys to buy gear is not pvp. wow has pvp, this game does not. i still have hardcore pvp'er friends that are waiting for a real mmo with pvp to come out, until then they will continue playing wow. the pvp treadmill in wow does not exist, the problems with wow stem from the super easy pve side. hardcore pvpers still like being top of the world every season in arena, that imo will never get old.
    Can you explain to me what real pvp is?

+ Reply to Thread