+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mana drainer Rogue

Plane Touched

Default Mana drainer Rogue

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...f0o.xx0R0b0x0o

I saw a thread talking about mana drains, and decided to theory craft the best mana drainer soul.

Could it work?
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Champion of Telara

It works alright in very specific situations. Most of the time you would do better DPSing.

The spec I use is different, but the souls are the same. The fist thing I would change about your spec is putting 2 points in Rift Guard instead of improved Guarded steel.

Ascendant

No. ToT is 750 mana for every 5 CPs + finisher. Even if you build those CPs in 3 seconds via Cadence + Powerchord, 4 seconds for the combo works out to 187.5 mana per second. Nowhere near fast enough to be of any use.

ToT does not scale at all, it is always 750 mana at 5 CPs. As the mana-using target gears up and gets a larger mana pool, ToT becomes worse and worse, and there is no way to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Ascendant

I would kill for a complete rework of bladedancer to create an anti-mage class similar to DotA
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    No. ToT is 750 mana for every 5 CPs + finisher. Even if you build those CPs in 3 seconds via Cadence + Powerchord, 4 seconds for the combo works out to 187.5 mana per second. Nowhere near fast enough to be of any use.

ToT does not scale at all, it is always 750 mana at 5 CPs. As the mana-using target gears up and gets a larger mana pool, ToT becomes worse and worse, and there is no way to make it better.
    Anyone who makes abilities in games that don't scale needs to be fired. Especially when your itemization team is so obsessed with mudflation.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    It works alright in very specific situations. Most of the time you would do better DPSing.

The spec I use is different, but the souls are the same. The fist thing I would change about your spec is putting 2 points in Rift Guard instead of improved Guarded steel.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...00k.xx0R0b0x0o
    decided to remake, less rift stuff and faster combo points

and i agree, Mana drain should scale with AP, maybe 50% of AP into mana drain effect?
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-14-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Champion of Telara

you should build 5 combo points before you teleport in and then hit riff right after your first ToT so its 1500 in a couple of second after you start. Its really much to slow to be of any use and mana drains only do anything when you get someone to 0. Once you get a cleric to 0 you really have to stick to them to make sure they dont get their mana right back.

It is really on useful if there is to much healing on both teams and no one on either team is getting killed. I could see it helping to break a stalemate in a situation like that, but its really not a good spec. It can be fun sometimes to grief a cleric or something, but there is almost always going to be a more effective spec you could be playing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I would kill for a complete rework of bladedancer to create an anti-mage class similar to DotA
    It might be pseudo-viable if the Contra-Tempo and Dualism mechanics stay as they are on PTS now. With reports of people landing an instant 5 CPs with Precision/Quick, I could see being able to be a credible threat for the duration of Dualism. 750 mana every 2 seconds (1 5-point builder + 1 finisher, finishers being basically free with BD talents) would be 375 mana/sec, so you could bring them seriously low in about 10 seconds. Still slow, but if they're not paying much attention...

Ascendant

Still slow, but if they're not paying much attention...
    375/s is pretty good, but yes, in comparison to a good dom--very slow. It would have scale with AP for me to even consider going that high into inf. tree though.

something like virtuoso and ToT might be nice... every 2 minutes hehe
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    375/s is pretty good, but yes, in comparison to a good dom--very slow. It would have scale with AP for me to even consider going that high into inf. tree though.
    Yeah, that's really the issue. It might be okay if it was reasonably attainable, but 21 points into a completely garbage path on Inf to get it is just too high a cost.

Sleight of Hand -- 1 purge every 30 seconds? Really?

Pardon the Interruption -- The only healers you would even care about draining in this way are Wardens, and they don't cast anything to interrupt. Could be good for trolling a Purifier or Sentinel with Dualism, I guess. But nobody you need to worry about plays those in PvP.

Evading Thoughts -- Lol. Just Lol.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...00k.xx0R0b0x0o
    decided to remake, less rift stuff and faster combo points

and i agree, Mana drain should scale with AP, maybe 50% of AP into mana drain effect?
    Yeah thats pretty much the spec like I used. The increased spead anthem is nice because you dont really have a snare and riff is good for the reason you said.

Obviously scaling would make the ability better. The problem with making mana drains effective is that some people would cry about how they were then OP, like they have in the past.

There is a large percentage of people that play this game that want PvP to only be about heals and damage and dont want any extra elements. The game designers have shown a desire to cater to these people so I dont ever see this ability changing much.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dubsack View Post
    something like virtuoso and ToT might be nice... every 2 minutes hehe
    hmm, only works for codas and its 3min ;D

i would play it just for the lulz like am trying to make this one

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    hmm, only works for codas and its 3min ;D

i would play it just for the lulz like am trying to make this one
    haha on the plus every 3 mins someone will be oom!... inc mana pot
    Last edited by Dubsack; 09-14-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Soulwalker

I actually built something like this out last week. I was hoping I could get my 2 friends to spec the same way and we could try it out in world pvp. My thought that was in 3v3 fights, the cadence heals would keep us all relatively healthy (maybe) and we could wreak face on a healer's mana bar. Unfortunately, my friends wouldn't change so it turned out to be a bust.

In 1v1s it really didn't play out because cadence just didn't heal enough to you in the fight long enough to drain a mana bar, much less kill someone.

It was fun to think about though, I was laughing to myself the entire time until I tried to use it. Then once I did use it, I wasn't laughing much anymore. The valor changes really boned rogues at this particular time (scrub P3's mitigating 40% damage.)

I just wish we could spec more points into Infiltrator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast