+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.5 build concept, need help -- "FlameDancer"

Rift Chaser

Default 1.5 build concept, need help -- "FlameDancer"

First, I haven't been able to spend much time on PTS due to work and such, but looking at the tree changes, I got an idea for this build and thought if maybe someone could help me test it out, I could see if it actually has some potential.

Second, it doesn't have the generally mandatory 17 points in Assassin. Hope that doesn't make a spec toast out of the gate, although I know it might.

Third, the concept behind this build that made me think of it was basically to be a fire-damage wrecking ball and being able to get LOTS of Blazing Strikes, eschewing both Deadly Dance/Deadly Strike, and the extra crit damage of Magnify Pain. The idea I had was that with the new Counterbalance you could build up points *very* quickly and rely on combat efficiency to help with energy.

Here's the first variant -- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVip.xf0A0c0M.ihtzhqG0sR.V

Here's the second variant -- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MViN.xf0A0c0M.ihtzhar0sR.VM

I would really appreciate if, whether you can test them or not, anyone doing theorycrafting on 1.5 could evaluate those as at least the framework for a good build. The build is intended as a PvE Raid DPS build only, I do not care in the slightest about its PvP viability.

Notes --

1. Opted for Quick Reflexes over Blade Finesse since Deadly Strike isn't intended in build.
    2. I thought about making a variant that's 8 points Riftstalker, but even if the framework is viable, I'm not sure where the best place to give up points is -- I was guessing where to get the 2 points for the Ranger variant.

Mostly I just want a sense of whether or not this "FlameDancer" concept has potential, even if the point distribution has to be tweaked to optimize it. I'm like a lot of players looking for an antidote to Sabdancer. It's probably not likely that I've stumbled upon some great solution that doesn't have Sab *or* Deadly Dance *or* Magnify Pain, but I'm curious if it's total crap or not if anyone has the time to help me look at it. Thanks in advance.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
    First, I haven't been able to spend much time on PTS due to work and such, but looking at the tree changes, I got an idea for this build and thought if maybe someone could help me test it out, I could see if it actually has some potential.

Second, it doesn't have the generally mandatory 17 points in Assassin. Hope that doesn't make a spec toast out of the gate, although I know it might.

Third, the concept behind this build that made me think of it was basically to be a fire-damage wrecking ball and being able to get LOTS of Blazing Strikes, eschewing both Deadly Dance/Deadly Strike, and the extra crit damage of Magnify Pain. The idea I had was that with the new Counterbalance you could build up points *very* quickly and rely on combat efficiency to help with energy.

Here's the first variant -- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVip.xf0A0c0M.ihtzhqG0sR.V

Here's the second variant -- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MViN.xf0A0c0M.ihtzhar0sR.VM

I would really appreciate if, whether you can test them or not, anyone doing theorycrafting on 1.5 could evaluate those as at least the framework for a good build. The build is intended as a PvE Raid DPS build only, I do not care in the slightest about its PvP viability.

Notes --

1. Opted for Quick Reflexes over Blade Finesse since Deadly Strike isn't intended in build.
    2. I thought about making a variant that's 8 points Riftstalker, but even if the framework is viable, I'm not sure where the best place to give up points is -- I was guessing where to get the 2 points for the Ranger variant.

Mostly I just want a sense of whether or not this "FlameDancer" concept has potential, even if the point distribution has to be tweaked to optimize it. I'm like a lot of players looking for an antidote to Sabdancer. It's probably not likely that I've stumbled upon some great solution that doesn't have Sab *or* Deadly Dance *or* Magnify Pain, but I'm curious if it's total crap or not if anyone has the time to help me look at it. Thanks in advance.
    nightblade is a PvP spec (at least from everything i have heard) it is too CD dependent to put up the good consistent dps other souls can.

RIFT Guide Writer

This concept does not work. Problem is that the attacks are just too weak, even the blazing strikes. Also the quick combo point generation, free fiery spike after blazing strike and combat efficiency actually make this build not be energy starved so it does not scale with fervor. In the end it's just very low dps.

Rift Chaser

Fair enough. If anyone else has any thoughts on it, feel free, otherwise, I'll ponder some other non-Sabdancer spec ideas Thanks for non-derp responses, as well.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    nightblade is a PvP spec (at least from everything i have heard) it is too CD dependent to put up the good consistent dps other souls can.
    Night Blade will do very high PVE dps with 1.5. I've already parsed over 1700 on PTS with some different specs. It'll be there fighting for the top.

NB/Asn/RS was the spec I think.
    Last edited by Draegan; 09-13-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Banned

Nightblade wont be any good until they change Fiery Spike to scale with something.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Nightblade wont be any good until they change Fiery Spike to scale with something.
    It's actually more like Blazing Strike hits hard as hell and you can augment the hell out of it with the NB Synergy Crystal.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    The new Enkindle gives 30% ap bonus to all fire attacks... maybe you should read the changes first.

does the enkindle bonus buff Fiery spike or is it only attacks that already get ap bonus?

Plane Touched

The new Enkindle gives a 10/20/30% AP bonus to all Fire-based attacks. i.e. Fiery Spike, Blazing Strike, Hellfire/Smoldering blades.

Should be interesting to test, I really like the Nightblade tree.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Korvan View Post
    The new Enkindle gives 30% ap bonus to all fire attacks... maybe you should read the changes first.
    That thats not enough boost for any attack. But we'll see after they finish.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-13-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    The new Enkindle gives a 10/20/30% AP bonus to all Fire-based attacks. i.e. Fiery Spike, Blazing Strike, Hellfire/Smoldering blades.

Should be interesting to test, I really like the Nightblade tree.
    awwwww i misread that as 30% damage not AP, ugh more trash for the NB tree...

I still like the tree, i just don't see this as any sort of help to it or even a buff anyone would take shy of a 44 point+ build (btw what did they switch in the PTS to make them so competative for PvE???)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm looking forward to the patch, the buffs to poisons really open up a whole list of specs. I ran a "SinBleed" build 32sin, 15NB, 19BD on Plutonus the other night. Pulled 1500 and change (not great I know, but it's a cruddy spec). Final Blow was hitting like a truck (a really big truck with no breaks, smashing through a taco stand) with Physical Trauma, Imp Final Blow and Coup de Grace all buffing it. Having Fiery Spike, Puncture, Impale and Serrated blades running 100% of the time really helped as well.

I remember someone built a spec a long while back where the "Dancer" buffs were being used alongside slip away and Jagged, but i think this was prior to the change to Physical Trauma. Dunno, it's all going to be fun to play with for sure.

+ Reply to Thread