+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking netherforged slicer what augment?

Soulwalker

Default Tanking netherforged slicer what augment?

Hello

As the topic name says, what kind of augment should i use for crafting netherfroged slicer? Is it epic dodge or dexterty?

As i read that 1 dex = 1 dodge
    So therd is not much difference then, i mean epic augment will add 10 dexterty or epic dodge augment will add 10 dodge.
    So at the end i will have same dodge rating, or am i wrong?

I thank you in advance for help!

A lot of people using either the Endurance Epic one, or the Hybrid Dex/End one. Stacking straight up Dexterity or dodge isn't a very good idea because we're not avoidance tanks, but if your options are low it's better to take the Dexterity one over the straight up dodge one. Dexterity also somewhat increases your damage output, thus some threat generation from it.

Best Augments in my opinion:
    1. Flawless Vitalium - Endurance
    2. Pure Werewolf Blood - End/Dex
    3. Flawless Thiefstone - Dexterity
    4. Polished Saytr Horn - Endurance/Dodge
    Last edited by Kudaran; 09-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks alot for reply!

But having alot of HP is also worthless if you wont be hit resistant and get lot of dmg heh

So might be the dex/end the best solution for a tank.

Rift Disciple

end only
    1st choice - flawless vitalium
    2nd choice - pure vitalium

dodge sucks in raids, you don't want to rely on it
    Last edited by wingedarr0w; 09-13-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo

Exactly. The best stat for Rogue tanks is just solid endurance, based off the fact that our endurance increases the max amount of damage our Rift Guard absorbs before it falls off. A minimal amount of Dodge isn't gonna change much, and you get a decent amount of it off gear anyways so it isn't a priority. But it still is a viable option. I think you get more Endurance out of the epic hybrid than the blue solid endurance one anyways.
    Last edited by Kudaran; 09-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Kudaran View Post
    Exactly. The best stat for Rogue tanks is just solid endurance, based off the fact that our endurance increases the max amount of damage our Rift Guard absorbs before it falls off. A minimal amount of Dodge isn't gonna change much, and you get a decent amount of it off gear anyways so it isn't a priority. But it still is a viable option. I think you get more Endurance out of the epic hybrid than the blue solid endurance one anyways.
    Endurance is useless beyond the point of the healers being able to keep you up.

I have also never, never seen a 5 PT Rift Guard fall off before I was able to apply a new one in a few rotations.

At our current progression, and gear level, Dodge/Parry > Endurance. There is no reason to have 16-18k HP when the mobs do too much damage to you for your healers to keep up.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Telaran

Default Sounds familiar...

This is the same dilemma that bear tanks faced in wow. Then general theory was we can't block, so we know we're gonna take full damage when we get hit. We also know that we will not be able to dodge anywhere close to all of the attacks, so we need to make sure we can survive the hit when it comes to us.

Basically endurance>all other stats.

With the advent of 1.5 in the near future, I foresee armor still being extremely well-sought after. Even though the extra DR from armor (5% then 1% per 1000 armor afterwards) isn't a small change by any means, I'm not sure if 15%-20% DR is going to be enough for high-end rogues.
    Last edited by Clarith; 09-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Endurance is useless beyond the point of the healers being able to keep you up.

I have also never, never seen a 5 PT Rift Guard fall off before I was able to apply a new one in a few rotations.

At our current progression, and gear level, Dodge/Parry > Endurance. There is no reason to have 16-18k HP when the mobs do too much damage to you for your healers to keep up.
    It would depend on what his gear level is. Seeing as he's getting a crafted weapon, I was merely assuming he wasn't full raid geared, and didn't meet the essential cap before Endurance wasn't the priority. And I haven't seen RG fall off either, I was just merely stating that it helped.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Kudaran View Post
    It would depend on what his gear level is. Seeing as he's getting a crafted weapon, I was merely assuming he wasn't full raid geared, and didn't meet the essential cap before Endurance wasn't the priority. And I haven't seen RG fall off either, I was just merely stating that it helped.
    You can tank all of GSB, and maybe RoS, with 10-12k HP which is very easy to get.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Like I said, he could possibly not be up to par with his stats quite yet, and thus need more endurance. I was merely suggesting that he could use the full Endurance one.

I listed all the possible ones for rogue tanks that are worthwhile, it's up to him to choose which one he wants. Overall you're making it a bigger deal than it has to be by implying that my methods are wrong. It was a SUGGESTION, not me telling him what to do.
    Last edited by Kudaran; 09-13-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you all for the help.

Can you maybe also tell me what kind of planar essences is it best to take?

For the 20 inscribed sourcestones? those that give +dodge, should i also take those that give + parry?

RIFT Guide Writer

Rogue essences are hard to get but I would go with anything with Dodge First, and Stack Parry after.

Personally i went with anything that had a High Dex. I tend to find that anything with Parry has higher Strength on which is less beneficial.

+ Reply to Thread