+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Post 1.5, will you abandon your Warrior alt?

Default So Post 1.5, will you abandon your Warrior alt?

I think I'll still push mine to rank 8, honestly. I like the playstyle.
    ~Quiescent

Never made one.

...though I probably should, just for extra bank space...
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Shield of Telara
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I think I'll still push mine to rank 8, honestly. I like the playstyle.
    Who cares really? Never had a War alt, never want one.

Ascendant

Nope. Warriors still completely own Rogues for tanking, and the ease with which my warrior alt tanks simply isn't there on the rogue, even after the currently-announced 1.5 changes.

I'll probably come back to the rogue for PvP though, if for no other reason than the rogue will be R8 by that point, and I'm not enthused to do the grind again -- even less so now that rogues are being fixed. Will be fun to poop all over the folks in the battlegroup that thought they were good because they were fighting a gimped class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

My mains a rogue, so I will continue on as I have been.

WF's on the weekend so I can grind up to p8, and during the week I will continue to level my Mage ALT. (Im more or less HK ready and just waiting on the rest of the guild to catch up with the few of us who are ready)

Ironically though, one of the P8 warriors just started working *really* hard on their Rogue...

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Qwicked View Post
    Ironically though, one of the P8 warriors just started working *really* hard on their Rogue...
    Sounds like he's a FOTM reroller.

General of Telara

Hm, let's see. Rogue's 50, cleric's 50, mage is 50, warrior is 48. Cleric needs a DPS engine that doesn't revolve around heals/shields from my healing/solo engine and rogue needs work on melee DPS engine now that tanking and healing/bard engine are complete. Mage has a decent'ish pair of engines though so probably doesn't need much more work. Cleric and rogue are both T1 geared for tanking and non-tanking specs to at least 85% if not more and could fit the minimums for T2s now. Mage only recently hit 50 and hasn't done one T1 yet. Also just re-oriented my rogue to butcher/outfitter/runecrafter from butcher/harvester/miner which I made all of my non-production characters. Still have to decide if I'll do the same for my non-cleric characters (who make farming easy), and if so I'll need to do some more professional power leveling. Then there's how much more fun and survivable my warrior, and cleric, and mage, are in zone events and taking on huge groups of mobs all at once.

Yeah, I think post-1.5 I'll still play my warrior, and my mage, and my cleric. It remains to be seen if the changes will be enough to make the rogue just as suitable for my preferred playstyle. /shrugs.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Sounds like he's a FOTM reroller.
    who is tired of his FoTY

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    who is tired of his FoTY
    He's also deluded if he thinks rogues are going to be FotM. Did he miss the memos about how warriors are getting a rather nice stat buff? (some of them reporting an extra 300 crit in tank gear)

Seems like Trion can't give anyone a buff without also giving one to their golden children.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

My Cleric alt is doing very well tks! and yes ill keep playing with it, i got a feeling that some day he will become my main. my P8 Rogue will be my Rune supplier and AH bot.

mine hit R2 last night, so much more fun than my rogue lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

My worrior was level 10, 6 month ago, still level 10 now and continue to be level 10 till this game dies.

You cant nerf my Rogue, even if you delete it I'll still play it.
    Last edited by Erien; 09-14-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    Who cares really? Never had a War alt, never want one.
    I have no alts period.

My warrior was my main, which I abandoned.

Maybe I'll abandon my rogue for a warrior when rogues become FotM... or my mage. PvP Archon... mmm...
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast