+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How many rogues on hiatus until 1.5 hits?

Default How many rogues on hiatus until 1.5 hits?

Been doing absolute minimum on my rogue while waiting for 1.5 to hit. Anyone else in the same situation?

On the other hand, it is kinda nice. Been using the spare time playing back through some PS2 games (Metal Gear Solid 2 / Resident Evil 4).

Shadowlander

I canceled .. Haven't played since mid august.

1.5 can definitely bring me back if it opens up more trees for PVE dps... hell with pvp.

Hopefully the heavy MM build won't get nerfed to oblivion
    Last edited by Artemiz58; 09-13-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Banned

I gave up on PVP a while ago. I just queue for dungeons and leech crafting rifts on my rogue mostly. Looking for a few last pieces of gear so that I can eventually get in to raids. I don't really like the play style of sab and I don't really like pet specs, so there isn't too much I can do but wait.

Shield of Telara

If anything, I've kicked the grind to R8 into another gear. The half-birthday favor/prestige boost was good timing.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

My warr is almost rank 3
    ~Quiescent

Got to rank 8 within 2 weeks. Now I'm only logging on for raids / getting ready for raids / farming HK mobs for trashdrops. Nothing I feel like doing. Marksman / Bard is getting boring in PVP. Can't be arsed grinding all the way to R8 with my cleric. Basically been playing other games.

I didn't expect to be, but i have found myself really not playing my rogue much at all since i heard about all the changes. When this patch drops I'm sure i will be on my rogue non stop. But right now i feel like if i change anything at all, i will just have to adjust it again when this new patch drops. My rogue is getting a work out on the PTS tho.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Chaser

I had been grinding my mage (R6 now), but got completely fed up with being a marked target and a warrior insta gib. Figured why not, I'll start some Prestige farming on my rogue in anticipation of 1.5. I have to say, after grinding 6 levels as a mage, playing a rogue in PvP is so much more fun and effective. Being able to actually pick your fights, means you can use some sort of strategy.

/shrug. I'm not sure what rogues are complaining about. I've found mine to be very effective in PvP, even with crap lowbie gear. It's all about timing and assisting. I'm having a blast with my rogue, and the fact that they are getting buffed sort of makes me laugh.

Oh well, mage is in permanent retirement/mining bot at this point, never going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    I have to say, after grinding 6 levels as a mage, playing a rogue in PvP is so much more fun and effective. Being able to actually pick your fights, means you can use some sort of strategy.
    Yup, totally right, just what every team needs. Someone who waits out the battle before they attack, picks their own personal fights while everyone else is in battle and then when they do attack, deals less damage than a Warrior and won't live as long and needs to wait on their cool downs before they can do anything again.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    /shrug. I'm not sure what rogues are complaining about.
    The rogue style is a lot more fun than my 50 cleric. I just enjoy the style of game play more. I want to be a rogue and nothing else. However, fun does not equal effective. In comparison to my P3 Cleric, my P6 rogue is crap.

I honestly can't stand to play my rogue right now. I can't even say for certain the 1.5 changes will be enough to get me back. They're certainly improvements but I'm still thinking we'll be 4th on the depth charts. I've cancelled my sub and I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude towards 1.5 but not getting my hopes up at all.

Rift Disciple

its too late and add the rest of the various pvp issues.... I am cancelling account and moving on.

Plane Touched

Been waiting, not doing more than the PvP dailies. If 1.5 hits and it's so-so I'll prolly cancel. Can't be bothered to level another alt to R7-8 and I've spent countless hours on achievements (artifacts, etc) that I will NOT grind all over again on another char.

So, Trion, this is your last chance for my measly plat per month.

Plane Touched

The title you meant to post is

"How many bad players blame their class and hope 1.5 will make them good?"

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    The title you meant to post is

"How many bad players blame their class and hope 1.5 will make them good?"
    I think you are confused. Trion has openly admitted that rogue is currently performing subpar compared to other callings.

Not to mention the PTS is a roller coaster of changes. I am merely taking a break because I don't feel like banging my head against a wall trying to follow all the changes on the PTS. I just want to log in after 1.5, see the changes, and continue from there.

So, troll, go back to whichever class forum you came from.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 09-13-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Plane Touched

i play a rogue...

have since launch. i consistantly top kb's in wf's and i survive world pvp with high success.

What exactly are other classes doing that i'm not and on par or better statisticly?

before you turn this into an "omg you think you're a l33t badass" i'm not saying what i do is anything special at all. but you make it sound like its impossible to do good with rogue...yet i do it every day.

am i just a unique snowflake?
    Last edited by yayoh; 09-13-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast