+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casual gamer dps?

Soulwalker

Default Casual gamer dps?

Hey guys,
    yesterday at plutonus i was #1 with around 1500 dps with whetstone, flask and cupcakes. My gear is nearly full raid t1 ( besides good old masterthieve tool, no relic daggers yet ). It isnt Bis, but compared to the posts a few months ago, where most of u said, they were reaching 1,8k-2k dps plutonus,its pretty low. Im usin sabdancer with BS and i wanted to ask, whether it is normal for casuals to be around that dps or if im doing something terrible wrong^^and im pretty sure i didn't messed up my roation that much :P

Quote Originally Posted by triplenippel View Post
    Hey guys,
    yesterday at plutonus i was #1 with around 1500 dps with whetstone, flask and cupcakes. My gear is nearly full raid t1 ( besides good old masterthieve tool, no relic daggers yet ). It isnt Bis, but compared to the posts a few months ago, where most of u said, they were reaching 1,8k-2k dps plutonus,its pretty low. Im usin sabdancer with BS and i wanted to ask, whether it is normal for casuals to be around that dps or if im doing something terrible wrong^^and im pretty sure i didn't messed up my roation that much :P
    Don't sweat it. I assume that your t1 gear includes a lot of drop stuff, not all mark gear? If that is the case don't worry. If I recall the peeps posting those parses were in mostly mark gear and had some relics (though I could be mistaken.)

Soulwalker

im in 4/6 mark gear, but i cant really imagine that a little better gear + relics make 300-500 dps

Raidsupport is very important.

With bad/missing support u lose a few hundred dps. If u have a lazy bard and archon, u'll miss about 200dps. Without a beastmaster u are missing another 50-80ish dps.

lazy bard = low uptime of motives.
    lazy archon = low uptime of extra damage and extra crit.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-13-2011 at 06:22 AM.

There have been some significant changes to raid wide dps since a lot of those numbers were posted too. Most notably the Spotter Order change that took a fair chunk out of the melee ranger DPS as i recall. In mostly dropped gear and normal raid T1 weapons with thieves mastertools in the current raiding DPS environment i would say 15-1600 should be your goal. Flawless rotation and 3 blade tempo's over the duration should get you closer to the 1600 mark. Also making sure your source engine and runes are set up to stack AP and keep yourself exactly crit capped when raid buffed makes a huge difference, not sure what your stats are, but that should be your goal. All in all i would say your dps is about what i would expect given your gear level from a well played Sabdancer.
    Last edited by Gyle; 09-13-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Soulwalker

okay, thats all i wanted to know, thanks

Casual =/= Bad

Casual = RL stuff first, then play games.
    Hardcore = Game schedule first, then RL stuff.

Soulwalker

With nihilist shiv, Fang of the Life Lord, about 1070 AP and 1290 crit (raid buffed) Im only at about 2100 on pluto and around 2900 on aoe bosses. 2h warriors with relics can beat me at Pluto Cabalists beat me on AOE

it's the raid debuffs and the parser, plutonus is a short fight, the ppl in ur gear reaching 1.8k dps are doing everything perfect and are NOT casual (ie their raid groups are hardcore, they just arent super geared yet). 1.5 for a casual is good since there is so much involved in max dps.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread