+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged PVE: Adapted Sozu Spec Wins

Banned

Default Ranged PVE: Adapted Sozu Spec Wins

Ridiculous really. Highest parses ever (for me). Totally energy starved, which is a good thing because it means this build stands to gain the most from raid buffs.

Tested 51mm against it and had roughly the same parse, but no energy starvation at all which I feel means that raid buffs wont benefit nearly as much. Still messing around. And who knows what the next pts patch will bring.

Telaran

It might help if you posted a link or explained your build so people can critique it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by farore View Post
    It might help if you posted a link or explained your build so people can critique it.
    it's the same point allocation as Sozu spec as far as ranger and sin souls go. It's simply adapted for the new mm talents. still 18 points there, but you have to give up 5 yds range. I'm fine with that. Look up Sozu spec in the forums if you don't know what it is and would like to critique it.

this is parsing 50-100 dps below sabdancer for me

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    this is parsing 50-100 dps below sabdancer for me
    Compared to what it used to do, I could live with that just to play ranged. In my gear it's beating sabD by 100ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    Compared to what it used to do, I could live with that just to play ranged. In my gear it's beating sabD by 100ish.
    What gear do you have?

I am using my gear from live. With the ranger greater I got up to almost with 50 dps of sab

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    What gear do you have?

I am using my gear from live. With the ranger greater I got up to almost with 50 dps of sab
    same. just live stuff. combo of r8 gear and t2 stuff that puts me at 300 +hit. but I don't have the ranger essence.

Very nice, I'll have to try it out. The 4 point synergy crystal from HK also reduces the cast time of shadowfire and splinter to 1 second, so beyond waiting for energy to cast them they don't take longer to cast them a normal builder.

Ranger greater would be nice too.

Any idea on the ap/crit coefficients? Do you use expose weakness too?
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-13-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Very nice, I'll have to try it out. The 4 point synergy crystal from HK also reduces the cast time of shadowfire and splinter to 1 second, so beyond waiting for energy to cast them they don't take longer to cast them a normal builder.

I wasn't using expose weakness on the dummy, but I think I would in a raid with all the buffs. Will have to wait for live since I don't have a pocket bard. Without buffs it's so energy starved that adding exposed weakness is just exacerbating the starvation and causing a dps loss.

Not sure what you're asking with regard to coefficients.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post

Yeah mayi the synergy crystals are really nice for ranger/mm and really bad for most everything else. I think itll be funny when we are all doing 3k dps in melee marsman in the near future.

Good to hear. I havent messed around on PTS at all. I usually prefer to wait until things go live before I get my hopes up. But it's definitely nice to hear that Ranger is being brought up to snuff.

It would be awesome if Ranger became the #1 spec. Why? So Dunsparrow would be forced to use the "Sozu spec". I just know he would go as far as gimping his raid just to NOT use a spec with my name on it. LOL!!!

No wait...He would reallocate 1 point then call it the Dunranger and post it on the forums like he accomplished something in life.
    Last edited by Sozu; 09-13-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+ Reply to Thread