+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Function of AP in Detail

Soulwalker

Default Function of AP in Detail

Just a quick question that might mark me absolute noob ...but can`t help it .....

What exactly will the results be in two rogues raiding in a raid force receiveing the same buffs and playing the same role/setup....in this case a sabdancer .......with a difference in AP of about 450 delta ?
    What DPS - Diff can one expect assumeing same rota and skill ( which is artificial..but to see the effect ) ?

And finally : With a higher AP - what direct effects occur ? More energy = possible to go through rotas faster as there is a tad less delay with more AP resulting in more hits over time compared to the person with less AP that spams the keys as fast but gets less hits out due to waiting on energy for fractions of seconds ?

Thanks for your input

cu
    S.

Telaran

AP is a straight damage increase.
    It has nothing to do with attack speed.
    10AP = 1DPS.

Soulwalker

Its as simple as that..not hidden things ? Thank you for clearing that up.

/wave

S.

Rift Disciple

10 Ap gives you 1 weapon dps, = 2,8 ? damage if theres no AP modifier, does not count for autattacks.
    Skills with ap scaling i dont know, maybe + ap as damage after modifiers like deadly dance buff or for example 100% ap = 10 Ap = 2 weapon dps = 5,6 damage ( thats what i belive ). =>

with 450 AP
    Skills without modifier (126 extra damage per skill + weapon dps*2,8) * modifier
    => a damge increase with same weapon for 1 Attack by : "hoko spec=144%" : 307,44

Skills with 100% Ap (252 extra damage per skill + weapon dps*2,8) * modifier
    => a damage increase with same weapon for 1 Attack by : "hoko spec=144%" : 614,88

Telaran

gnaa says it better.

+ Reply to Thread