+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Styxxeys pvp build what ya guys think!?

Rift Chaser

Default Styxxeys pvp build what ya guys think!?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ihtkGqgRos.V0o

ok so i made this build with the idea of beind defensive hence the nightblade yet offensive at the same time if the reflect from rift barrier on the RS tree goes tru, which is defensive at the same time!

ya wont get kited easily cause of the two snares and a spammable snare every 2 min (twilight force + ebon fury) and crippling shot. You still get stealth however not the improved one from assassin but thats getting a nerf anyways and nightblade has already been beefed up a lil last patch!

Macros for easy usage

Button 1
    #show primal strike
    cast primal strike
    cast dusk strike
    cast twilight force
    cast crippling shot
    cast fiery spike
    cast quick shot (yes this still gets used in case the target is further then 20 m for yer fiery spike)
    suppessmacrofailures

Button 2
    #show scourge of darkness
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast blazing strike (might swap this with annihilation or seperately every min, if swapped change 2points)
    cast flame thrust
    cast head shot (in case target is further then 20 m and scourge is already down)
    suppressmacrofailures

pros:
    CC breaker in twilight transcendance (only if they leave this portion on otherwise it ill become a 50% heal)
    2 viable snares on 10 sec and 8 sec CD and one spammable
    3 gap closers from RS (which triggers reflect damage on barrier if it goes tru)
    high surviveability
    heal debuff poison (however i read that this was placed at 16 points spent could be wrong)

cons:
    less dps then the assassin / Bladedancers builds (this is an assumption but it might very well be worthwhile if the reflect and the beefed up nightblade abilities from last patch all work cohesively togheter) so not entirely sure on this one!

If ya would alter this build or have some pointers for me plz let me know always willing to learn!

greetz styxxey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ihtkGqgRos.V0o
    You still get stealth however not the improved one from assassin but thats getting a nerf anyways
    This is news. Source please or I call BS.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    This is news. Source please or I call BS.
    He's probably referring to Slip Away taking a very small nerf.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    He's probably referring to Slip Away taking a very small nerf.
    this is correct

I know it's probably just a typo, but your builder macro is wrong.

#show primal strike
    cast primal strike
    cast dusk strike
    cast twilight force
    cast crippling shot
    cast fiery spike
    cast quick shot (yes this still gets used in case the target is further then 20 m for yer fiery spike)
    suppessmacrofailures
    should be:

#show primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Quick Shot
    Having Primal Strike above Dusk Strike in the macro means it will always take priority over it and you'll never cast it(because Primal is instant cast, instant cooldown). Also, as personal preference, I would take crippling shot out and use it as the occasion calls for it(since you have Improved Twilight Force, and that already acts as a snare).
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 09-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Rift Chaser

oh yea yer right thx for catching that ill edit ma post a bit to rectify it any advice for my build?

Rift Chaser

cant edit no more oh well !

Rift Chaser

Having Primal Strike above Dusk Strike in the macro means it will always take priority over it and you'll never cast it(because Primal is instant cast, instant cooldown). Also, as personal preference, I would take crippling shot out and use it as the occasion calls for it(since you have Improved Twilight Force, and that already acts as a snare).[/QUOTE]

You have a point altough twilight force will always get casted b4 crippling unless yer foe is further then 20 m range away! then it goes to crippling or quick shot if crippling already got used.

#show primal strike
    cast dusk strike
    cast puncture
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force (target under 20 m range)
    cast crippling shot (target above 20 m range)
    cast fiery spike (target under 20 m range)
    cast quick shot (target above 20 m range)
    suppressmacrofailures

also crippling shot hits between 1000 - 1500 damage in pve so i would assume its one of yer hardest hitting instant casts in pvp aswell + snare which is always good!(keep in mind im a noob pvp-er) if ya calculate valor into the mix it ill be less but still the other stuff will be less too!

Plane Touched

Why do you have a ranged ability (Crippling Shot) in a macro full of melee abilities? Don't you have to be in "ranged" to use it? I see no MM soul (which has Close Quarters Combat) used as well.

Personally, I would swap the points from Great Fortitude to Boosted Recovery. Yes, you'd have less HP, but you'd receive more healing(useful if you have people that actually heal).

I'd also make two builder macros instead of one;

#show Primal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Quick Shot
    #show Twilight Force
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike
    cast Quick Shot
    You could add crippling shot to the second macro, but I find the times that people are out of range of fiery spike/twilight force to be few and far between, and if they're already that far away, I'm not gunna chase them as I'll probably run into the rest of their team.

I think that's more playstyle changes than anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    Why do you have a ranged ability (Crippling Shot) in a macro full of melee abilities? Don't you have to be in "ranged" to use it? I see no MM soul (which has Close Quarters Combat) used as well.
    It's so if someone gets outside of melee range, or a certain distance for finishers(Flame Thrust, in this case), the button press isn't wasted and you're constantly doing damage to the person you have targeted.
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 09-12-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dagurasu View Post
    Personally, I would swap the points from Great Fortitude to Boosted Recovery. Yes, you'd have less HP, but you'd receive more healing(useful if you have people that actually heal).

You could add crippling shot to the second macro, but I find the times that people are out of range of fiery spike/twilight force to be few and far between, and if they're already that far away, I'm not gunna chase them as I'll probably run into the rest of their team.

It's so if someone gets outside of melee range, or a certain distance for finishers(Flame Thrust, in this case), the button press isn't wasted and you're constantly doing damage to the person you have targeted.
    I understand that part, but isn't there a delay due to it? Or does it the macro ignore the line since the requirement is not met?

Rift Chaser

cause in pvp open world people bounce around and try to get out of range which means if yer clicking the macro it will auto go to yer ranged attacks! So as soon as someone tries to run it will snare em immediatly and gives ya time to catchup as soon as yer back in melee range it will use the melee attacks again!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dagurasu View Post

in group pvp i agree with the 2 points swap however i prefer open world pvp noone healing my *** so i rather have the extra HP.

Also for the snare on a different macro that is interesting however twilight force isnt always up so then crippling shot will go off aswell so its not just for range its also a second cooldown snare, at least thats how i thought it up!

i dunno i just like my snares!!!!!

styxxey

Banned

This build has some practical ideas and used with good timing may be effective at finishing off healers in group skirmishes. Your total damage will kinda suck though and when you get targeted by a marksman or a warrior, you're gonna go down quick. The only thing I really see you (or any nb/rs) killing 1v1 is maybe an assassin rogue. Everything else, given equal gear, will kill you in this build. It just isn't enough dps to bring down someone from full health to zero when they can heal themselves all they want, or do 2-3 times more burst damage than you. 50% healing debuff has already proven useless on live servers.

Rift Chaser

i didnt state it in my initial post but its supposed to be a build for open world PVP so wont get focused everything is 1v1 and i think ya forgot about the changes to RS a port will make absorbed damage reflect to the attacker and since ya have 3 ports at yer disposal which will also trigger stalking phase now! so thats 45 seconds of someone trying to kill you and doing damage to himself while ya still have yer saves up!

And meanwhile yer doing damage to him too i was hoping that that + the surviveability would make up for the loss of dps compared to the 51 assassin / 15 infil build or 15 bd builds. Guess it comes down to testing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast