+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Does rogue even have a ranged raiding spec?

  1. #1
    Telaran Chucknorris405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default Does rogue even have a ranged raiding spec?

    I was looking over the PTS notes for 1.5 and still dont see the makings for a viable Ranged raiding spec. I dont theroycraft as much as some others and was just wondering if someone has found one. On another note whats with shadowfire nerf? of course we arent reliant on it now, its terrible. With the crappy pet and crappy shadowfire is ranger even worth having in our soul selection anymore?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Define what you mean by 'viable'.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    The specs for 1.5 as the PTS is now with the bugged AP etc.

    51 MM/ 15 Sin or NB or RS or something else someone might find better fitting for more DPS with the nerf in critical that might come also i would go 15 Sin.

    Also other verifications of MM work also 49 MM/17 Sin 46 MM 20 Sin for the Baneful touch, you cant really test and check which variation is better right now until they fix the stats.

    33 Ranger/17 Sin/16 MM, basically the old Ranger spec just no need for 18 in MM for the pedestal.

    XX Ranger/17 Sin/XX something else, some spec after research when stuff get balanced and fixed on the PTS

    In smaller words: If MM remains as it is, its a very nice viable PvE spec, its pretty much along or with Sabdancer with bugged AP so its kinda OP, expect a nerf, the changes in MM and the munitions + 50% armor ignore in total might have the Ranger spec quite high also.

    with bugged AP you cant parse properly, wait and see.
    Last edited by potis; 09-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.

  4. #4
    Telaran Chucknorris405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    One i can use without feeling like im bringing my raid down. I think its funny that sabo and ranger, both ranged specs only really work if u use them melee style and with 1.5 looks like melee MM will be our next "ranged spec". I just want a ranged spec the competes with other rogue specs

  5. #5
    Telaran Chucknorris405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The specs for 1.5 as the PTS is now with the bugged AP etc.

    51 MM/ 15 Sin or NB or RS or something else someone might find better fitting for more DPS with the nerf in critical that might come also i would go 15 Sin.

    Also other verifications of MM work also 49 MM/17 Sin 46 MM 20 Sin for the Baneful touch, you cant really test and check which variation is better right now until they fix the stats.

    33 Ranger/17 Sin/16 MM, basically the old Ranger spec just no need for 18 in MM for the pedestal.

    XX Ranger/17 Sin/XX something else, some spec after research when stuff get balanced and fixed on the PTS

    In smaller words: If MM remains as it is, its a very nice viable PvE spec, its pretty much along or with Sabdancer with bugged AP so its kinda OP, expect a nerf, the changes in MM and the munitions + 50% armor ignore in total might have the Ranger spec quite high also.

    with bugged AP you cant parse properly, wait and see.

    Honestly if the crit nerf goes through i wont even worry about finding a ranged spec cause i wont be playing anymore. il

  6. #6
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Competes with melee specs? No such thing.

  7. #7
    Telaran Chucknorris405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Competes with melee specs? No such thing.

    Of course u give up 100-250ish dps going ranged thats a givin, but u cant tell me any true ranged spec comes close to sabo or hoku

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucknorris405 View Post
    Of course u give up 100-250ish dps going ranged thats a givin, but u cant tell me any true ranged spec comes close to sabo or hoku
    There isnt any spec on live from Ranged thats close to the melee ones.

    All the PTS parses show many specs are the same values as Sabdancer if not above it.

    Only problem is they have ******ed rotations or much harder rotations and no AoE compared to the faceroll that is Sabdancer.

    You asked if there are viable PvE Ranged specs in 1.5.

    My answer was simple:

    With the MM and Ranger changes , if they go threw and get tweaked properly you are gonna have a couple very strong Ranged specs, depending how Trion fail.

    About the critical also its not confirmed and it doesnt matter -that much- you are still gonna have 50% + in raids.

    If they fix it properly (aka Dexterity 0.75 Crit and Strength 0.25 crit) i am guessing we are gonna lose the same as the mages, 90-100 crit rating..2 enchants for 19 each, aka 38 crit + 2 essences of 30-33 each, aka 100crit rating back and voila, the crit is back you lose 40 AP, big deal, and if they do change the AP scaling you might even gain AP, big deal.
    Last edited by potis; 09-12-2011 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Telaran Chucknorris405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    There isnt any spec on live from Ranged thats close to the melee ones.

    All the PTS parses show many specs are the same values as Sabdancer if not above it.

    Only problem is they have ******ed rotations or much harder rotations and no AoE compared to the faceroll that is Sabdancer.

    You asked if there are viable PvE Ranged specs in 1.5.

    My answer was simple:

    With the MM and Ranger changes , if they go threw and get tweaked properly you are gonna have a couple very strong Ranged specs, depending how Trion fail.

    About the critical also its not confirmed and it doesnt matter -that much- you are still gonna have 50% + in raids.

    If they fix it properly (aka Dexterity 0.75 Crit and Strength 0.25 crit) i am guessing we are gonna lose the same as the mages, 90-100 crit rating..2 enchants for 19 each, aka 38 crit + 2 essences of 30-33 each, aka 100crit rating back and voila, the crit is back you lose 40 AP, big deal, and if they do change the AP scaling you might even gain AP, big deal.

    .75/.25 wouldnt be horrible. are they putting any crit on str?

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucknorris405 View Post
    .75/.25 wouldnt be horrible. are they putting any crit on str?
    We dont know what they are doing until they update the PTS, fix the stats and upload the notes properly and thats probably either 1 day or 1 week away, since after the notes are out a 1-2 week of testing follows, and if they follow their timelines and they do it means 1.5 will be here in either 15 days or ~20 days.

    The stats might not get changed at all.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Without a Sab spec any boss with adds will be a dps loss since trick shot and fan out are low damage and inefficient so these new range specs are going to be mostly single target or for very minimal adds.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts