+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Builds from PTS

Plane Touched

Default New Builds from PTS

These are my 3 favorite builds atm on PTS. This, of course, can change since PTS is always in a state of flux. I can't link the builds yet, but you can figure out the abilites if you log into PTS.

1st Build
    40 Sin
    16 NM
    10 MM

This is build is very offensive and should cause issues for most.
    Notes: 1) Fell Blades 2) Fiery Spike and Improved Twilight Force added to Sin rotation 3) Increase Fire power (MM ability) is sickly since it increase 25% Attack Power 24/7. 4) Cut and Run and Slip Away will help with CC issues.

2nd Build
    36 Sin
    21 BD
    9 MM

Another interesting build that works around Deadly Strike. You could use INF instead of MM, but it's hard passing up +20% Attack Power.
    Notes: 1) Unabating Steel allows Flash of Steel 4 second CC immunity 2) Deadly Strike, Precision strike, and Quick Strike will add more offensive punch 3) Increase Fire Power from MM tree 4) Combat Pose adds more Dex

3rd Build
    51 Sin
    15 MM

Full Sin build that incorporates Serpent Strike.
    Notes: 1) Serpent Strike Serpent Strike Serpent Strike. 2) Increase Fire Power and Pentrating Shots give this build more firepower than the usual 51 Sin/15 INF.

I personally like the first build since it really gives you more freedom and ability to fight CC. Losing Serpent Strike hurts some, but the added +25% in attack power is amazing to all abilities.

If anyone wants to post some ranged builds, then plz do (or make a new post).

Feel free to remark on these builds as well as make slight adjustments. I look foward to the replies.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    3rd Build
    51 Sin
    15 MM

Full Sin build that incorporates Serpent Strike.
    Notes: 1) Serpent Strike Serpent Strike Serpent Strike. 2) Increase Fire Power and Pentrating Shots give this build more firepower than the usual 51 Sin/15 INF.

I personally like the first build since it really gives you more freedom and ability to fight CC. Losing Serpent Strike hurts some, but the added +25% in attack power is amazing to all abilities.
    Everything is broken on PTS because of AP/SP bugs right now, but this is something I've been thinking about. Trying to decide if it actually would be more damage than 51Sin/15Inf...

You get +5% damage from MM, and +6% damage from Inf, so that is nearly even.

You get 10% Armor Penetration on Inf, and 25% on MM, so 15% difference...but will only be a real factor on those with more armor (Warriors/Clerics to be sure). In addition, Poisons, Bleeds, Expose Weakness, and Puncture already avoid armor...so this is really only going to help Savage Strike, BS, and Ranged attacks.

Now here's the part I'm kinda iffy on. From Inf you can get +20% damage once you get enough stacks of Murderous Intent or whatever it is called. From MM you basically get +25% AP. I'm not really sure I believe that an additional 25% AP is going to add up to the damage from Murderous Intent...

Probably won't know until they actually fix PTS unfortunately...
    Last edited by Calo; 09-12-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Edit timer...

Thinking about this, 25% AP would be something like ~200AP for me. Converted to DPS, that'll be more like 20dps.

CP Builders:

So, say Savage hits for 300. That becomes 320, or a .07% increase. I know it builds over time, but say you get to 10x stacks of MI, and that 300 becomes 360 instead...a much larger increase. Even your first stack of MI is more than this.

Finishers:

Lets say Final Blow hits for 1000. The bonus is 5x on Finishers as I recall, so that becomes 1100, which is a 10% increase in damage. Obviously at 10x stacks, MI is going to make it 1200, or double the damage bonus on finishers.

Seems to me that the only wild card here is how much the armor penetration matters, which will depend on the target. Even so, having 50% armor penetration on Blast Charge never seemed to make a huge difference in PvP, so why would having 25% matter here?

I hate to say it, but for those who want to do 51 Sin, I still think it is going to be 51Sin/15Inf, or 51Sin/13BD builds being used mostly...I do believe this patch will make the latter mostly a thing of the past though, since that was mainly a crutch because of how gimped our burst was...
    Last edited by Calo; 09-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Ascendant

I hadn't thought about it, but felblades replacing anathema and cut and run replacing break free is going to make WAY more sin combinations viable.

I'm excited.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Edit timer...

Thinking about this, 25% AP would be something like ~200AP for me. Converted to DPS, that'll be more like 20dps.

CP Builders:

So, say Savage hits for 300. That becomes 320, or a .07% increase. I know it builds over time, but say you get to 10x stacks of MI, and that 300 becomes 360 instead...a much larger increase. Even your first stack of MI is more than this.

Finishers:

Lets say Final Blow hits for 1000. The bonus is 5x on Finishers as I recall, so that becomes 1100, which is a 10% increase in damage. Obviously at 10x stacks, MI is going to make it 1200, or double the damage bonus on finishers.

Seems to me that the only wild card here is how much the armor penetration matters, which will depend on the target. Even so, having 50% armor penetration on Blast Charge never seemed to make a huge difference in PvP, so why would having 25% matter here?

I hate to say it, but for those who want to do 51 Sin, I still think it is going to be 51Sin/15Inf, or 51Sin/13BD builds being used mostly...I do believe this patch will make the latter mostly a thing of the past though, since that was mainly a crutch because of how gimped our burst was...
    You must also count multiple damage increase talents since they are additive.
    If you already have let's say +50% damage from talents (x% more damage when impaled and such) and you get 20% increase, it wont be increase your attacks by 20% per say. It will be more like 15% (out of the head).
    Last edited by Qia; 09-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Ip

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I hadn't thought about it, but felblades replacing anathema and cut and run replacing break free is going to make WAY more sin combinations viable.

I'm excited.
    Yep. I really want to move away from INF and I think NB/MM will do that. It is hard to say how much dps you are losing from INF, but the new MM abilites should make up allot if not more.

I know PTS is in fluxand borked, and I expect more changes this week and the upcoming weeks.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    You must also count multiple damage increase talents since they are additive.
    If you already have let's say +50% damage from talents (x% more damage when impaled and such) and you get 20% increase, it wont be increase your attacks by 20% per say. It will be more like 15% (out of the head).
    This is a good point, forgot about that. Also forgot to mention, you lose the +10% extra damage to crits from Infiltrator if you do the MM thing.

I don't think there will be a real way to test this except against a player after they fix PTS...

Plane Touched

Another interesting ability that will increase some attack power even more is Dark Malady (20% Attack power increase for 8 seconds). So, you can have over +45% increased attack power within a 8 second window w/ the 40 Sin/16 NB/10MM build. Should provide a decent burst of dps.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    This is a good point, forgot about that. Also forgot to mention, you lose the +10% extra damage to crits from Infiltrator if you do the MM thing.

I don't think there will be a real way to test this except against a player after they fix PTS...
    /agreed.

It is hard to tes tuntil PTS is fixed. And, someone will need to be a test dummy.

Ascendant

Another interesting ability that will increase some attack power even more is Dark Malady (20% Attack power increase for 8 seconds). So, you can have over +45% increased attack power within a 8 second window w/ the 40 Sin/16 NB/10MM build. Should provide a decent burst of dps.
    I actually played 44mm/12+ NB (forget the exact spec) for a while. I took a 20% dmg loss on the 51 point pedestal, but I gained Dark malady (short 20% dmg buff) + 15% dmg on finishers/builders and hellfire blades for +5% dmg.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Prophet of Telara

/agreed.

It is hard to tes tuntil PTS is fixed. And, someone will need to be a test dummy.
    Another thought, after running through the way damage multipliers are additive and all. After running some numbers through my head, it does actually seem possible that the AP may be more beneficial. So, that lead to another thought...

With the amount of Assassin abilities that already bypass armor, why not just drop to 10 points in MM, and then pick up 5 in RS. This gives a blink, end buff, and 15% base AP. The 25% should then be calculated off of that, making it go even further...

So much testing to do and so much time Trion is taking to fix the test server :P

Banned

I actually played 44mm/12+ NB (forget the exact spec) for a while. I took a 20% dmg loss on the 51 point pedestal, but I gained Dark malady (short 20% dmg buff) + 15% dmg on finishers/builders and hellfire blades for +5% dmg.
    None of the changes to melee builds are going to result in an effective change in pvp. Equal gear 1 on 1 in a melee build still = dead rogue unless you're fighting another melee rogue... or a complete moron.

Marksman is a different story, for now (on pts).

Hate to sound like a negative Nancy, but I know smoke and mirrors when I see them.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 09-12-2011 at 02:17 PM.

I'm excited.
    Cut and Run does NOT free you from stuns. Just FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Walker

I've been curious to test various versions of sab. I think some of the MM talents like SMF should effect damage nicely, and going deep enough for some speed boosts, knockback basically enough to get vamp munitions would allow you to debuff your primary target. Spike them up, Swift Shot until VM is up, ANN bomb, detonate, Rapid Setup Blast or Shrap(depending on need) Carpet Bomb, ANN Bomb, Choking gas, ANN Bomb spam to death.

Not sure what the damage output will be, but it should be pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    I've been curious to test various versions of sab. I think some of the MM talents like SMF should effect damage nicely, and going deep enough for some speed boosts, knockback basically enough to get vamp munitions would allow you to debuff your primary target. Spike them up, Swift Shot until VM is up, ANN bomb, detonate, Rapid Setup Blast or Shrap(depending on need) Carpet Bomb, ANN Bomb, Choking gas, ANN Bomb spam to death.

Not sure what the damage output will be, but it should be pretty brutal.
    I messed around with some sabo builds last night dueling another rogue. Oddly... one of them worked in a 1v1 where he got the opening from stealth... Though if heals were factored in it would lack effectiveness I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast