+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Running spec

  1. #1
    Telaran Caysym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default Running spec

    Just looking for a good rogue running spec to run stones.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Im using Bard/RS/MM

    just take whatever gives a speed boost, shifts and bard buff
    Last edited by Blays; 09-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xo.xIx0zqbookM works well, i used to go higher in rs, but i never hit anything so what is the point?

    use mm run early as it has fast cooldown.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xo.xIx0zqbookM works well, i used to go higher in rs, but i never hit anything so what is the point?

    use mm run early as it has fast cooldown.
    mmmmm that hasty departure is kinda too sexy to pass on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  5. #5
    Champion BoomBoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where You Are Not
    Posts
    563

    Default

    I use this for running shards in whitefall or port scion: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b0h0x0o.yMzR0z

    Lots of blink moves, and just spam Swift Shot on anything that gets close!
    Retired from raiding

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I use this for running shards in whitefall or port scion: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b0h0x0o.yMzR0z

    Lots of blink moves, and just spam Swift Shot on anything that gets close!
    Ding ding ding.

    And Boom's build is the best imho.
    Last edited by hivolt; 09-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Taolien's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    mmmmm that hasty departure is kinda too sexy to pass on.
    So is getaway. I'd go at least 16 MM in any running build. Also because 16 gives you rapid fire, hit and run, and barbed shot, which are all great tools to kite-kill if you have that one annoying person on you that just won't give up.

    Also, don't overlook using bladedancer for sprint, I've used a build that had that and On the Double together--if you get the blue orb running out of base, sprint will get you to midfield by itself, you can run all the way to your front gate before even slowing down once.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taolien View Post
    Also, don't overlook using bladedancer for sprint, I've used a build that had that and On the Double together--if you get the blue orb running out of base, sprint will get you to midfield by itself, you can run all the way to your front gate before even slowing down once.
    hmm not sure how i forgot about BD, its the logest sprint out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  9. #9
    Plane Touched -Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    242

    Default

    This is the spec i use when i run stones

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Vr0z0V0z.xcb0z
    Rhyli@Hailol

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    RS/MM/INF - 30/16/20 for all use runner spec
    RS/Bard/Bd-Inf - 35/31/0-0 this build works superb on Whitefall Escalation only. No one defends the flags so INF(20) points for perma stealth is no needed.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    best runner I've seen ran 40mm/26 rs for double sprint/retreat and all the rs stuff the 31 rs builds have

    EDIT: 0pt inf for break free
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-12-2011 at 09:03 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    best runner I've seen ran 40mm/26 rs for double sprint/retreat and all the rs stuff the 31 rs builds have

    EDIT: 0pt inf for break free
    I hate you.

    I run this;

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bd0z.VVb0h0x0o

    Been making people look stupid lately. Its awesome.

    Look up the video by Ages. He posted a vid of him using this spec.
    <Retired>

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    36/19/11 RS/MM/BD

    This gives you up to 20 seconds of +70% movement speed at a shot (with a second On The Double available near the end of the run), plus all of the usual teleport goodies.

    Infiltrator is nice, but I find that if you need to pop Break Free, you're screwed anyway, so it's better to spend the points on running farther, faster. Bard will give you more HP and potentially a permanent 20% speed boost, but given that it (like all the other buffs) can be purged, I'd rather have a few seconds of 70% speed (sprint) than a few seconds of 20% speed (Competence)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts