+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pve ranged specs for 1.5

Soulwalker

Default pve ranged specs for 1.5

i have been on the pts toying with the changes to ranger/mm but due to the buggy nature of the pts atm cant really lock in on anything definite. that being said noting in the trees seems to stand out and say ranged will be any where near melee still. perhaps im overlooking something and yes i know nothing is final. just looking for some constructive input from other range minded rogues

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quikain View Post
    i have been on the pts toying with the changes to ranger/mm but due to the buggy nature of the pts atm cant really lock in on anything definite. that being said noting in the trees seems to stand out and say ranged will be any where near melee still. perhaps im overlooking something and yes i know nothing is final. just looking for some constructive input from other range minded rogues
    51 MM/x/x on pts (with the bugs) is parsing very close to sabD and Hoko on live (without the bugs). Ranger took a hit with the latest pts patch so for now, it sucks.

I can't Imagine them letting the current pts MM build go live. Calling it WAY OP would be the understatement of the year.

yeah, from the few tests i was able to get in before it got all bugged out, it was looking like 51 MM was doing really well. That being said, I got some promising numbers from the good ol' Sozu build as well....

just waiting for it to get fixed up a bit to do more testing. but so far, it is looking like ranger's will still be reliant on Shadow Fire, and MM munitions are/were very nice!
    Retired from raiding

Shadowlander

God I hope a 51 MM build is viable for PVE, that alone will make me come back and play!

Kinda doubt it tho.. Mm seems to be the (Bleh) pvp tree

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artemiz58 View Post
    God I hope a 51 MM build is viable for PVE, that alone will make me come back and play!

Kinda doubt it tho.. Mm seems to be the (Bleh) pvp tree
    If they dont insanely nerf the new Electrified Munitions, MM will be very PvE viable.

Maybe a 5-10% nerf on them would be "okay" since it can parse quite high without having AP (bugged on PTS), because the Munitions itself depending on gear and crystal or not scales from 300 dps to 600 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    51 MM/x/x on pts (with the bugs) is parsing very close to sabD and Hoko on live (without the bugs). Ranger took a hit with the latest pts patch so for now, it sucks.

I can't Imagine them letting the current pts MM build go live. Calling it WAY OP would be the understatement of the year.
    You mean if MM went live as is and got its AP fixed it would be insanely OP?

Ya they doubled the damage from electrified munitions this weekend. I seriously doubt they are going to leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Ya they doubled the damage from electrified munitions this weekend. I seriously doubt they are going to leave it as it is.
    But they're going to leave all the stats just like they are right?

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

God, if MM becomes decent ST DPS I'll be a happy man.

I lurve standing back, seeing the whole show.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    God, if MM becomes decent ST DPS I'll be a happy man.

I lurve standing back, seeing the whole show.
    Lets just say that 51 MM /15 Sin parses for 1.5-1.6k with the MM crystal and like 1.4-1.450 without it with 200 attack power (Aka 1.1k or so missing aka every physical attack hitting for much less) which is a bit OP.

Means Electrified Munitions needs "some" fixing but AFTER we see what it does with proper AP so they wont overnerf it hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    But they're going to leave all the stats just like they are right?
    I hope not. I have made a couple threads trying to discuss this very issue ,but there are too many forum trolls that need bans.

The best thing for rogues would be to change it to option 3 in a month or two. I feel like this change if logically coupled with across the board calling stat changes. May not benefit us as much as our counterparts. However that would lead to a rogue crit nerf which the darglar guy said would not happen.

On topic I feel like electric munitions will end up somewhere between where it is now and where it was in it's previous iteration. That way it is still viable for pve ,but not the top dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread