+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SamayouSamurai
  • 1 Post By Fudge
  • 1 Post By Raptor7

Thread: Need help starting to do dungeons at 50

Default Need help starting to do dungeons at 50

Unlike people who don't start PvPing until reaching level 50, I PvPed up to 50, and now want to try dungeons.

Must I be in a guild to do this? Will I have to wait forever in LFG otherwise?

My gear is PvP, so I'll need to get dungeon gear.

How do you recommend that I proceed?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions and info.

Knowing which calling and faction you are playing would certainly help things along, but it's easy and relatively inexpensive enough to pick up enough +hit or +focus or even +toughness gear to qualify for T1s, at the very least, and possibly T2s.

LFG queue pops are near insta for tanks, quite quick for healing, and can be quite slow for dps and support slots, but I think the longest I've waited on my cleric or mage is ten minutes.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    Unlike people who don't start PvPing until reaching level 50, I PvPed up to 50, and now want to try dungeons.

Must I be in a guild to do this? Will I have to wait forever in LFG otherwise?

My gear is PvP, so I'll need to get dungeon gear.

How do you recommend that I proceed?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions and info.
    Start running normal AP/CC and get some Hit for dps and toughness for tanking gear.

I believe you need a minimum of 50 to start doing T1s
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Wow, I'm pants-on-head ******ed, so ignore my comment about calling/faction/pop times. I had a server tab open and a rogue board tab open and forgot which one I was on, rofl.

T1s require 50 Tough if you want to tank them. You can probably snag some relatively inexpensive pieces to get there, though I don't know what your money situation is like. Another option is, as mentioned, running regular AP/CC, which you could/should do at least once to get yourself the +hit weapons, since you need 50 for T1s too iirc.

Gearing up for T2s isn't that rough, but I'd say run a few T1s to maybe get some upgrades and a feel for how expert dungeons and the group/queue dynamics work beforehand.
    Last edited by Kyera; 09-12-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Thanks for the replies so far.

I am a rogue. And I want to try tanking since dps in a dungeon seems less interesting and more monotonous.

I'd go RiftStalker. And as a tank I am expected to understand all the bosses and know the fights and "gotchas", right?

Are there some sites you can recommend where I can study so I'll know what to do when I tank?

Thanks everyone.

I want to be good at this, and value your suggestions.

Shadowlander

all rogue tanking can be found by using search. Rogue tanking hasn't change for along time. With 1.5 path there will be little change. So, the outdated post about rogue tanking is actually still a good reference.
    Since, you're new with Rogue Tanking, start with T1. Although, you can get gear enough to go straight to T2. But don't go to T2 unless you know what you're doing. Rogue tank require some plan ahead for pulls, etc. Learning these techniques in T1; and generally, people will be more patient. In T2, you might get vote kick of the bat.
    Last edited by SamayouSamurai; 09-12-2011 at 04:35 PM.

I started a thread... about new rogue advice. I am 49 about to hit 50... things ive done/doing

AP/CC quest for gear (dagger is 25 hit)

Farmed 7500 planarite for the sigil (also 4k planarite and 2 inscribed for sources.. easy to do)

I am going bard because queue times a shorter, tanks are even shorter but i dont have the gear yet and people rage

Start icewatch/stillmoor rep quests ASAP

From memory stillmoor sells some tank lessers (endurance/dodge/parry, might not be good for rogue its been a while).

PVP to rank 2 and grab the welfares

Craft deathbringer... but as its so expensive prolly wont
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Rift Master

Google or look for Ciderhelm. He has his own website but I can't remember off=hand what it is. For years, he was/has been the top website for tanking in WoW, and now also in Rift.

He probably has role/souls by now, and he has a section on his website with videos of boss encounters in raids, narrated so you know where to stand, etc.

Good luck.

PS: It's Ciderhelm.com

+ Reply to Thread