+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Derpy derp question about build

Shadowlander

Default Derpy derp question about build

I was suggested this: http://www.eventideguild.com/forum/m...i-guide/page/1

What's the stat priority for this?

Have you used this before? If so what do you think of it? I hope there's a build with the next patch that feels sound, so far nothing feels right if you know what I mean.

crit to raid cap (1050 raiting) then AP. it's still king and worth using for as long as possible.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    crit to raid cap (1050 raiting) then AP. it's still king and worth using for as long as possible.
    Thanks again for helping me! The part that confuses me that seems silly is - should I change my gear to spell power or remain trying to get as much dexterity then str? I think the reason why I'm confused is because it's a melee class with the ability to stack caster stats.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyMays View Post
    Thanks again for helping me! The part that confuses me that seems silly is - should I change my gear to spell power or remain trying to get as much dexterity then str? I think the reason why I'm confused is because it's a melee class with the ability to stack caster stats.
    ... at no point does any of our gear give or need spell power. after you reach 1050 crit you stack AP as in attack power, very simple.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Shadowlander

... at no point does any of our gear give or need spell power. after you reach 1050 crit you stack AP as in attack power, very simple.
    I meant to say focus which I was able to answer myself which is a stat certain rogues do need. so dexterity and str aren't something to look for?

This is what's confusing me, every since I started playing rift, years of stats other mmo's require for melee is completely different here such as hit and str not being two big factors to go after... I realize it's not a plate class, but still at least hit. From everything I've heard and read so far, dexterity is supposed to be the biggest stat to go for....

Dex >= Physical Crt > Attack Power > STR > Endurance

I meant to say focus which I was able to answer myself which is a stat certain rogues do need. so dexterity and str aren't something to look for?

This is what's confusing me, every since I started playing rift, years of stats other mmo's require for melee is completely different here such as hit and str not being two big factors to go after... I realize it's not a plate class, but still at least hit. From everything I've heard and read so far, dexterity is supposed to be the biggest stat to go for....

Rogues don't use focus either, we use hit...

(Gear)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Give this a look: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ue-2-days.html

Noob question, but I'm assuming abilities that add to Crit Chance % ignore the soft cap?

In other words, just because I have 5% Crit Chance from Sin doesn't mean I can aim for a lower Crit Rating, it just means that my base Crit Chance will now be Crit Rating Soft Cap Crit Chance # + 5%.

Am I too far off base here?
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    Noob question, but I'm assuming abilities that add to Crit Chance % ignore the soft cap?

In other words, just because I have 5% Crit Chance from Sin doesn't mean I can aim for a lower Crit Rating, it just means that my base Crit Chance will now be Crit Rating Soft Cap Crit Chance # + 5%.

Nevermind, I found the answer. 45% cap through Crit Rating, 100% cap through Crit Chance increasers.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post

This is correct. Abilities like Ruthlessness (+5% crit), Improved Savage Strike (+10% crit chance for Savage Strike), Motif of Focus (+5% crit) ignore the crit cap.

formula is hit to cap > 1 dex > 1 AP = 2 crit = 2 str

endurance has no place in dps.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure that you're not trolling.

+ Reply to Thread