+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Slipaway Nerf in 1.5? Really?

Default Slipaway Nerf in 1.5? Really?

Trion, there's a bit of disparity between "Making PVP less reliant on Slipaway" and outright nerfing it.

No more damage immunity = my sin just got 30% less effective.

I am envisioning many, many deaths immediately after slipaway to Cab/lock/warr aoe.

How is this justified?

As a rogue player, slip away had to be nerfed anyhow. I don't know what changed but I like it now.

Don't regret, assassins other abilities get buffed. You can make higher DPS but not enough to catch warriors.

I'm going to miss watching assassins pop Cleanse Soul + Slip Away and being able to just say "see you in two minutes".
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

The good rogues wanted it nerfed because of the bad rogues that were forced to rely on it and pretend they were good.

What is this nerf you're referring to? The only difference I see is "For the next 3 seconds, any damage taken does not take the Rogue out of stealth." instead of "and becomes immune to all damage effects for the next 3 seconds."

Not the end of the world.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 09-12-2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    What is this nerf you're referring to? The only difference I see is "For the next 3 seconds, any damage taken does not take the Rogue out of stealth." instead of "and becomes immune to all damage effects for the next 3 seconds."

Not the end of the world.

- Vybz
    Yeah I don't see the problem.

Still good for another opener.

Lean to use Hidden Veil.
    edit:
    Oh, i thought they only removed the 3sec timer on immunity, but looks like u can't get out of stealth for 3 seconds aynways, the change is no problem.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-12-2011 at 04:04 AM.

You guys are ok with losing 3 seconds of invuln? Lol I do not understand people on this forum.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    You guys are ok with losing 3 seconds of invuln? Lol I do not understand people on this forum.
    Your patch notes sound like this:
    Trion "we'll trade you 3 seconds of invuln for 3 seconds of not being unstealthed and.... this bucket full of buffs that you and everyone else realize that rogues need!"
    You "no no no, I want the buffs and nothing else"

Makes me think that perhaps you're a republican on the budget committee.
    Last edited by Corebot; 09-12-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Trion "we'll trade you 3 seconds of invuln for 3 seconds of not being unstealthed and.... this bucket full of buffs that you and everyone else realize that rogues need!"

Is yours main char a Warrior?

Prophet of Telara

Your concern is the damage you take from DoTs in those 3 seconds? Every 2 minutes at the most?

I mean this is all I can gather from your comment. Because you still stay stealthed those 3 seconds and you still have Hidden Veil for 15 seconds no?

Cleanse Soul? Takes care of magical effects anyway.

And don't you think Enduring Brew change (1k-1.8k heal every 60 seconds at P8) and Leeching Poison change (forgot the numbers but it's a significant increase over Live version) compensate for the damage Cleanse Soul doesn't cover in any way?

I think the idea is for Rogues to not need Slip Away as a defensive ability anymore. It will be used offensively instead (as many already do) to get another opener on target.

I don't think this is a huge nerf. Pretty minor actually... much less than I was expecting.
    Last edited by -Beck-; 09-12-2011 at 05:11 AM.

As long as they nerf it ONLY in PvP play, I don't care. If they nerf it in PvE play, then I think it is a huge mistake.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post

QFT

remember guys, "there is no cake"
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Prophet of Telara

This is the same person that said this:

This forum seems to have become a circle-jerk of crying between a dozen or so people.

I would like to inform the general population that rogues are in fact not broken, are a viable class and are fun to play.

(p8, T3 geared, guilded, good battlegroup, every class at level 50 and I choose to play rogue)

And now is upset about 3 seconds of invuln every 2 minutes.

Doesn't seem like that much of a problem, whenever I ran a Assassin build in the past, I'd usually pop Cleanse Soul first if I was going to use it defensively and offensively I'd nearly be in stealth for a second anyway, just firing off my next opener.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast