+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: September 12th, 2011 - In Case You Didn't Notice, Bladedancer Got a Pretty Big Buff

Default September 12th, 2011 - In Case You Didn't Notice, Bladedancer Got a Pretty Big Buff

Over the weekend there's been a ton of QQ about crit and other changes, and what's been overlooked is the pretty big buff that Bladedancer got. There's been some mention of it, but I think it only painted half the picture. Changes:

1. Exhaustion gone - there's no longer exhaustion after any blade dances. Only 1 blade dance can be up at a time.
    2. Counterbalance - 1 point - reduces the cooldown of rhythmic abilies by 15 seconds.
    3. Flash of Steel - 10 point root ability
    4. Unabating Steel - immune to all cc for 4 seconds after flash of steel, in the position where flash of steel was in the tree.
    5. Contra Tempo - 2/2 - speced to be 100% chance for quick and precision to add another combo point.

I made this post because I knew about contra tempo and flash of steel, but getting rid of exhaustion is huge. With a 51 point bladedancer build and 4/4 HK synergy crystal, Blade and Soul parity will last 36 seconds each with a minute and 45 second cooldown. Add in blade tempo lasting 21 seconds and double coup lasting 21 seconds... and you have 0 downtime between your dances. In fact, you can clip double coup to start blade and soul parity when it's up.

I haven't had a chance to test it dpswise since ap and crit are wonky on PTS, but as soon as it's fixed I have a feeling higher BD builds will be good.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-11-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Over the weekend there's been a ton of QQ about crit and other changes, and what's been overlooked is the pretty big buff that Bladedancer got. There's been some mention of it, but I think it only painted half the picture. Changes:

1. Exhaustion gone - there's no longer exhaustion after any blade dances. Only 1 blade dance can be up at a time.
    2. Counterbalance - 1 point - reduces the cooldown of rhythmic abilies by 15 seconds.
    3. Flash of Steel - 10 point root ability
    4. Unabating Steel - immune to all cc for 4 seconds after flash of steel, in the position where flash of steel was in the tree.
    5. Contra Tempo - 2/2 - speced to be 100% chance for quick and precision to add another combo point.

I made this post because I knew about contra tempo and flash of steel, but getting rid of exhaustion is huge. With a 51 point bladedancer build and 4/4 HK synergy crystal, Blade and Soul parity will last 36 seconds each with a minute and 45 second cooldown. Add in blade tempo lasting 21 seconds and double coup lasting 21 seconds... and you have 0 downtime between your dances. In fact, you can clip double coup to start blade and soul parity when it's up.

I haven't had a chance to test it dpswise since ap and crit are wonky on PTS, but as soon as it's fixed I have a feeling higher BD builds will be good.
    Still just as unviable as a main soul in PvP as before.. the only bonus is now you might never have to waist those 8 more points in the tree for flash of steel (Trion is considering moving it to a 10 point core ability)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-11-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I think this is new too... I never spec anything in the left side so I'm not sure.

Turn the Tide - 20 point level, 2/2 - Whenever you parry or dodge an attack, you deal 5/10% more damage and take 5/10% less damage.

Champion

I think this is new too... I never spec anything in the left side so I'm not sure.

Turn the Tide - 20 point level, 2/2 - Whenever you parry or dodge an attack, you deal 5/10% more damage and take 5/10% less damage.
    yeup it is, its Trion's attempt at giving BD survivability

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    yeup it is, its Trion's attempt at giving BD survivability
    I don't know, as soon as I read the changes first thing that came to mind was BD-RS-Inf, with the only issue that you don't have a ranged attack.

BD-ranger (cheapy ranged snare) and inf might be decent. My main concern is pve though, where BD has terrible aoe and there's no reason to spec it unless it can be top dps. Deadly strike works on all combo building attacks, including ranged like trick shot, so it's not like there's no synergy with mixing in ranged builds.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-11-2011 at 09:09 PM.

All the changes you posted here was in either the Sept 7 or Sept 10 patches.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3097805
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3114242
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Plane Touched

I want this on tier 2 so I can have it with 51 rs....please

Banned

Still not good enough.... these skills dont hit hard enough or have a low enough cooldown to make BD worth it yet.

Prophet of Telara

Over the weekend there's been a ton of QQ about crit and other changes,
    Actually, most of the QQ was from a few people who refused to shut the F up once a Dev. had pointed out some of the stuff on PTS is BUGGED and NOT how it's intended.

The QQing about stuff on the TEST server was amazing, an all-time low for these forums and let's face it, some of the PVP whining and crying round here is truly pathetic.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-12-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Still not good enough.... these skills dont hit hard enough or have a low enough cooldown to make BD worth it yet.
    That is correct.
    Let's take 51 BD build. 5RS for AP and 10 inf. What rotation do you choose?
    No stealth. That mean's you have not opener like Dark Malady, Assassinate or Paralyzing Strike.

Let's imagine a scenario.

Flash of Steel > Keen St. oh hell, you disarmed or stunned. Break Free. > Keen Strike > Quick Strike (Blade and Soul Parity) > Deadly Strike and you hit maks 700 crit. He has 600 HP. You have one ability named Side Steps that is able to save you *** but exhaustion prevents to use it. Because BaSP is active.
    The next time, you want to try again. For example; you want to take codex. Your team is fighting with other team. Everything is going good, then you dead. Because a mage hit you 6500 with valor armor set with his lightning burst. You are not able to hit over 1000. A mage can kick your *** easily. This is the reason to quit.
    I recommend, scale rogue's all finishers with given points in its soul tree. If I cant hit min 1500 crit, I cant kill anybody.
    You Trion, if you don't believe me, go to the field and try. If you don't have any survival abilies with leather armor, you are nothing in PvP. You have not ranged abilities, you have to go close enemy. When you go close, it is matter time to get into the ****hole.
    What a crap system, I cant get it. Any build in rogue can easily use BD's side steps with their attack scaling buffs without given any points in BD tree, but main BD cannot.
    Trion push me to make 17assassin with every rogue build.
    I'm tired to think BD's consequence. Why don't you erase BD tree completely?

51bd still wont be viable, 40bd becomes more viable tho with 4pc hk crystal, should be a nice little boost in dps, enough to overtake hoko spec if im not mistaken, but not enough to pass sabodancer.

nb with crystal still looks to be the best with synergy crystal, ranger got gutted to the point of uselessness, mm still sucks cause reliant on cooldowns which aren't always up, leaving us with sabodancer, sabodancer, and more sabodancer!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    All the changes you posted here was in either the Sept 7 or Sept 10 patches.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3097805
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3114242
    You had a lot of the changes, but missed the spirit of the change in Bladedancer. Before with Bladedancer you had exhaustion on all your dances so there was always downtime between rotating them. Now you can chain them for no downtime.

Blade and Soul Parity and Dualism are the highest dps increases as well, which might make 51 BD competitive.

There are a couple of builds that might be good - pvewise:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...AusRRGdz.0VMcx
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skRhdz.0VRcxkb

for pvp:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0o.EbdAusRRhdz
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EbdAusRRhdz.o

For those that don't know, the pvp stealth doesn't break on damage and is superior to the assassin stealth. The only downside is you move very slowly, the pvp soul does give a slip away as well. You take a dps hit from all those survivability talents in infiltrator, but at the same time if Bladedancer got a dps boost it might even out.

I haven't parsed out high bladedancer builds since the crit cap change and am not sure how they'll do, but it looks promising. When I parsed it out before dualism was decent, and the new contra tempo is like having dualism up 100% of the time - we will always get an additional combo point with quick and precision.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-12-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

Balancing DPS might be important but the feeling of playing a build is what makes me enjoy my time online after work.
    Lasershow Nightblade is Fun.
    Playing a Sharpshooter is Fun.
    Getting beaten to pulp as Bladedancer in melee because you are the only one who cant use the 0-point defense-Skill is crap. As Bladedancer you have to use your offensive CD´s to do viable damage and you need to get hit to utilise your skills but not beeing to be able to use the only def-CD is wrong!
    Remove it from exhaustion!
    Then it will be possible to enjoy engaging big fights without the fear you will get killed in a few seconds by anyone if you try to do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    Getting beaten to pulp as Bladedancer in melee because you are the only one who cant use the 0-point defense-Skill is crap. As Bladedancer you have to use your offensive CD´s to do viable damage and you need to get hit to utilise your skills but not beeing to be able to use the only def-CD is wrong!
    Remove it from exhaustion!
    Then it will be possible to enjoy engaging big fights without the fear you will get killed in a few seconds by anyone if you try to do some damage.
    Um, that's the point of my thread. They did remove exhaustion, the only thing stopping you from hitting the dance you want now is the cooldown, which speced is now a minute and 45 seconds. You can always have a dance up, but only 1.

This one might be decent too... when PTS is fixed I'm going to test them all:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skRhdz.0VRcxkb
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-12-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    51bd still wont be viable, 40bd becomes more viable tho with 4pc hk crystal, should be a nice little boost in dps, enough to overtake hoko spec if im not mistaken, but not enough to pass sabodancer.

nb with crystal still looks to be the best with synergy crystal, ranger got gutted to the point of uselessness, mm still sucks cause reliant on cooldowns which aren't always up, leaving us with sabodancer, sabodancer, and more sabodancer!!!
    you are wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast