+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STR/DEX Crit change and AP/SP changes on PTS are both bugs. Confirmed.

Default STR/DEX Crit change and AP/SP changes on PTS are both bugs. Confirmed.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3116907

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Zyzyx,

With respect, I did not say "the changes are here to stay" nor did I say they are the correct ones. I said there are bugged issues on PTS.

1. People have reported some major issues with various stats being nerfed outrigh such as spellpower. There are no plans to outright nerf spellpower - this sounds like a bug - I've commented on that sounding like a bug.

2. We received new technology to modify how various classes receive crit. The technology went up to PTS with completely default values - these default values are bugged - they do not even match the values found in the previous section of code. They are bad data. Shame on us.

3. Nothing in the above should point to "we are nerfing rogue crit".
    There may or may not be intended stat/crit changes to come.

The ones on the PTS right now are NOT it.

Stop with the panic attacks.

Koe

Stop with saying they are both bugs. AP/SP values are bugged, but crit changes are intended. Maybe not as they are now, but any crit change is a huge nerf.

Also, stop selectively reading dev posts.

Trying to leave the office so I can go... play rift... forums pulling me back...

I do not know if the current values for crit are proper. I believe there are planned changes for it. I really wish I had all the information to share with you right now.

~Daglar
    Last edited by Koe; 09-11-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Prophet of Telara

Why is #2 so hard for people to grasp?

Try reading it several times slowly.

Then wait at least 24 hours for it to sink in before posting further.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    Why is #2 so hard for people to grasp?

Try reading it several times slowly.

Then wait at least 24 hours for it to sink in before posting further.
    Like I said before, people are just sheep.

You can quote me on this.

I have no idea how this got so out of hand.

Reading comprehension can't be that hard.

Daglar said: "I believe there are planned changes for it." in regards to crit changes.

The next day Daglar said: "We received new technology to modify how various classes receive crit. The technology went up to PTS with completely default values - these default values are bugged - they do not even match the values found in the previous section of code. They are bad data. Shame on us."

I'll say it again for the cheap seats or the slow among us:
    There may or may not be intended stat/crit changes to come.

The ones on the PTS right now are NOT it.

If anyone knows how I can be more clear about this. Please. Let me know.
    Last edited by Malkieri; 09-11-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Plane Touched

Baaaah. Baaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    crit changes are intended. Maybe not as they are now, but any crit change is a huge nerf.
    Maybe I should just not even bother trying to clear the air.

We have posters who don't know what intended means.

Prophet of Telara

It's amazing when panic and paranoia are combined. Lethal mix

It's disappointing when these boards get filled with people who are all yelling the same thing without even knowing how stupid it is. Then when someone points out the mistake, they just yell louder.

Apparently, Rogues are getting unintentionally nerfed intentionally. We are doomed.
    Last edited by Malkieri; 09-11-2011 at 06:11 PM.

*IDEA*

Trion: Timeline

Wants to change something-------Implimented on PTS------Woops that was wrong, our bad.---------Fixed.

_____________________________________________We are up to this part at the moment ^

Paniced People: Timeline

Trion changed something -----Nerfed on the PTS------Must be intentional-----holy jesus we are so screwed
    Last edited by Malkieri; 09-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    It's disappointing when these boards get filled with people who are all yelling the same thing without even knowing how stupid it is. Then when someone points out the mistake, they just yell louder.

Apparently, Rogues are getting unintentionally nerfed intentionally. We are doomed.
    It's also disappointing when people don't take the past, and what's happened in the past, and apply it to what is happening now. It's also disappointing when people white knight to no end.

Listen, I like Trion. I really do. If you looked at what I was posting in Beta/Alpha, it was nothing but optimism. As time goes on, though, it has gone through optimism and now down to pessisim. I still like the game. However, to white knight to the extent you're doing--Especially with the **Edit**Not contradictory, but noting there WILL be changes** posts by the SAME dev, is just inane.
    Last edited by Koe; 09-11-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!

I'm all for moaning, ranting and raving to oppose detrimental changes.

I don't think we should be doing that over bugs. Things that will clearly change in the very near future.

Complain over things that aren't bugged instead of things that are going to be fixed. Otherwise you're putting your effort and voice into something that is entirely meaningless.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    I'm all for moaning, ranting and raving to oppose detrimental changes.

I don't think we should be doing that over bugs. Things that will clearly change in the very near future.

Complain over things that aren't bugged instead of things that are going to be fixed. Otherwise you're putting your effort and voice into something that is entirely meaningless.
    No, we aren't.

The uproar is over crit changes at all. Any change is a huge nerf and DPS downgrade. Losing 200-300 crit is a BIG DEAL, and that's if they go with a .75 dex .25 str. The fact is, they've backed themselves into a corner with scaling issues and the refusal to touch AP scaling(for warrior, rogue, and cleric alike). What you're HOPING for is this change in crit with a touching of all abilities with AP scaling. You're an idealist, I'm a realist.

In reality, for rogues, the only thing they *CAN* do, without completely re-working EVERY ABILITY'S scaling issues, is to make later bosses have a crit# reducing aura so they can continue to put higher and higher dex/crit on stuff. By the only thing, I mean the only thing they can do without nerfing every rogue and making a lot of people pissed off.

They need to look at scaling issues, across the board. They need to look at itemization, across the board. Why does casters get a +42 SP in a T1 expert dungeon, when melee gets +52 attack in T3 gear? SP scales WAY better, and Attack does nothing for auto attacks. Talking about trinkets, here. Weapons don't scale at the same rate(including DPS) as SP.

They have HUGE issues they are approaching, and any further gear tiers will make this even more apparent.
    Free music! It's legal!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    It's also disappointing when people don't take the past, and what's happened in the past, and apply it to what is happening now. It's also disappointing when people white knight to no end.

Listen, I like Trion. I really do. If you looked at what I was posting in Beta/Alpha, it was nothing but optimism. As time goes on, though, it has gone through optimism and now down to pessisim. I still like the game. However, to white knight to the extent you're doing--Especially with the **Edit**Not contradictory, but noting there WILL be changes** posts by the SAME dev, is just inane.
    Apparently it's necessary to repost what the dev said since some people can't seem to comprehend it and continue to post nonsense about being nerfed.

But keep on keepin on

Malkiri and beck are pretty good trolls.

ap/sp = bug

crit str/dex changes = confirmed to be implemented(maybe not in current iteration)

When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast