+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP daggers or swords for 1.5?

Telaran

Default PvP daggers or swords for 1.5?

I'm primarily playing nb and assassin builds primarily while also dabbling in mm. I've read in the past that the swords were better for nb builds due to the ap, and daggers for assassin and mm. First off, is that reasoning due to the fact that nb lacks any +crit damage or abilties that proc on crits like assassin has? That's just what I assumed. Would the lack of ap on the daggers actually cripple you as a nb and vice versa with the lack of crit on the swords with assassin and mm builds (also slower weapon speed for poison procs). Is the str/dex crit conversion in 1.5 going to change anything as far as which stat is more desirable? Also, this is 100% for PvP with just PvP gear, so there's no need to factor in what's better for PvE. Thanks in advance.

It depends on how 1.5 changes from now until release. If they're planning on keeping the changes on the PTS in place, then rogues will lose a good chunk of their crit, and might make it worthwhile over AP once again.

Koe

If you melee, you want daggers. Period. As in, any build that goes up sin and gets serrated blades that isn't sabdancer. Which is every melee build.

If you ranged, get stat sticks.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dagurasu View Post
    It depends on how 1.5 changes from now until release. If they're planning on keeping the changes on the PTS in place, then rogues will lose a good chunk of their crit, and might make it worthwhile over AP once again.
    If it doesn't go live, would going with the daggers hurt nb builds at all, and vice versa for assassin builds and swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    If you melee, you want daggers. Period. As in, any build that goes up sin and gets serrated blades that isn't sabdancer. Which is every melee build.

If you ranged, get stat sticks.
    As I said, this was 100% for PvP.
    Last edited by Ickz; 09-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    If it doesn't go live, would going with the daggers hurt nb builds at all, and vice versa for assassin builds and swords?

As I said, this was 100% for PvP.
    Do you plan to ALWAYS NB? Do you not have 8 sin? Is your build going to be static after 1.5?

Do you think there really will be a change in crit mathematics?

Looking at LIVE, right NOW, I would do 1 dagger in MH and 1 dagger in OH. Some of the crit in the MH dagger will not be useful, but it does have .2 more DPS and faster attack speed. Depending on the crit changes in 1.5, 2 daggers might be optimal.

Do you use the hylas trinket?

There's a bunch of questions, and since 1.5 might flip everything it is unknown.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Do you plan to ALWAYS NB? Do you not have 8 sin? Is your build going to be static after 1.5?

Do you think there really will be a change in crit mathematics?

Looking at LIVE, right NOW, I would do 1 dagger in MH and 1 dagger in OH. Some of the crit in the MH dagger will not be useful, but it does have .2 more DPS and faster attack speed. Depending on the crit changes in 1.5, 2 daggers might be optimal.

Do you use the hylas trinket?

There's a bunch of questions, and since 1.5 might flip everything it is unknown.
    Hey koe.. Hush babycakes.. shhh

+ Reply to Thread