+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nightblade is confusing

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Naethir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default Nightblade is confusing

    When I pvp, Idk whether to get up in their face or kite them around @_@. especially since most, if not all of my attacks have a 20 Meter range on them.

    Any advice on what to and not to kite, and what I should get up close on?
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Not typically kiting anyone with Nightblade. Yes you have ranged attacks, but you still do better damage at melee range. IMO the ranged attacks are just there when they get out of your range while you try to get back into melee range. Leave the kiting to MM and get up in their face... Just learn which targets to range... shouldn't get in the face of most Sword & Board warriors as they will just faceroll you... Do your job, debuff healing, use your immunes when needed and bust ebon fury to get a nice burst in DPS.

    Good luck.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Fleetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Not typically kiting anyone with Nightblade. Yes you have ranged attacks, but you still do better damage at melee range. IMO the ranged attacks are just there when they get out of your range while you try to get back into melee range. Leave the kiting to MM and get up in their face... Just learn which targets to range... shouldn't get in the face of most Sword & Board warriors as they will just faceroll you... Do your job, debuff healing, use your immunes when needed and bust ebon fury to get a nice burst in DPS.

    Good luck.
    Try to range good warriors and joust or circle strafe really bad warriors. Everyone else, you are better off being in melee range on.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    When I pvp, Idk whether to get up in their face or kite them around @_@. especially since most, if not all of my attacks have a 20 Meter range on them.

    Any advice on what to and not to kite, and what I should get up close on?
    Its an art, at least compared to playing any other melee class *cough* warrior *cough*

    The best advice i can give you is to find a deuling budy/budies and just run threw, 5,10,15 deuls to warm up each day. I love deuling so that was easy for me and i usually ended up on the high end of that number.

    The 1v1 combat makes you focus far more on what you are doing and what you can do better because their are farr fewer things to take into account than in WF combat. I rolled a NB-BD-Sab, it worked the best for me, stack charges for spikes on healers, or while they are under dark containment, dark containment to stop warrior charges or mage casts (assuming you blew threw weapon volley oh and i rarely use dots when dark containment is off CD in deuls). Its a fun spec to fiddle around with

    best of luck!!
    Last edited by garethh; 09-11-2011 at 08:45 PM.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched DreadShinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Your ranged attacks are more about preventing people from kiting /you/ to keep constant damage on your target.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Go 13 into bladedancer, and that's a darn good reason to be in melee
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    Your ranged attacks are more about preventing people from kiting /you/ to keep constant damage on your target.
    well.. dusk to dawn does fantastic damage (with or even without deadly dance up ;) )

    without that or ebon fury, ya your probly gonna do more tickling than damage at range

  8. #8
    Plane Touched PORTERR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Set up your macros in a right way and keep practicing, NB range attacks are 50% of its melees attacks just keep that in mind.


    Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts