+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: STR/DEX Change on PTS

Prophet of Telara

Default STR/DEX Change on PTS

Although I'll admit Trion has done a lot of crap to Rogues since release, I gotta admit that I think a lot of people are jumping the gun being upset over this, and claiming that devs have stated this is how it is going live. I'm as unhappy with the current live state as any other, but people are jumping on the QQ train too fast about this issue.

AP/SP is bugged at the moment, so something is obviously wrong. This build didn't go through a QA check, supposedly. All the Dev who responded said is that changes are coming, but he is not entirely sure what changes are intended...all he knows is that things are currently messed up. Maybe the intended change is to make Rogues .75/.25 in favor of our primary stat like every other class. We just don't know yet. Frankly, I think that would be kind of ideal...more AP for us, and those with +dex in their builds wouldn't be reaching the cap so easy on crit. More AP would make the new +AP% talents that much better.

Yes, give your feedback to the devs that the current change is unacceptable, and pray that it is unintended - or at the very least that they will change it back if not. Just keep in mind that they have not said this is intended at this point, and the build on PTS is quite obviously wonky.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Zyzyx,

With respect, I did not say "the changes are here to stay" nor did I say they are the correct ones. I said there are bugged issues on PTS.

1. People have reported some major issues with various stats being nerfed outrigh such as spellpower. There are no plans to outright nerf spellpower - this sounds like a bug - I've commented on that sounding like a bug.

2. We received new technology to modify how various classes receive crit. The technology went up to PTS with completely default values - these default values are bugged - they do not even match the values found in the previous section of code. They are bad data. Shame on us.

3. Nothing in the above should point to "we are nerfing rogue crit".

Here
    /10char
    Last edited by Madaam; 09-11-2011 at 08:12 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Maybe the intended change is to make Rogues .75/.25 in favor of our primary stat like every other class. We just don't know yet.
    That's right, we don't know. If you want to stand meekly by and hope for the best, while making wishy-washy "dont worry, be happy" posts on the forums, then that is your mistake. For myself, I will lobby for improvements to the class and against negative changes.

Your post serves no purpose and does not contribute to the discussion or to the betterment of rogues. Useless.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-11-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    That's right, we don't know. If you want to stand meekly by and hope for the best, while making wishy-washy "dont worry, be happy" posts on the forums, then that is your mistake. For myself, I will lobby for improvements to the class and against negative changes.

Your post serves no purpose and does not contribute to the discussion or to the betterment of rogues. Useless.
    I've utilized the feedback button on the test server already. What serves no purpose is claiming that devs said something they didn't actually say and trying to start a big commotion about something that they have already said is an unintended mistake. I get it. The day is coming, and tensions are high because everyone is still waiting to find out that Trion didn't go far enough - or worse, caves in to the QQ's of other classes and gets cold feet on buffing us at all.

There are legitimate issues to be raising hell about - I'm just not convinced this is one of them until we get some kind of inkling suggesting that it is intended. So far we have the opposite.

Shield of Telara

Yeah take the attitude of.. "it cant get any worse".... that always works out..... those who dont understand... take a history course....

Look they could have just went back a load.. but why didnt they? Well because its obvious whoever is in charge doesnt feel that the mega rogue stat nerf (warrior big time buff) is a big deal.. Thus do you think they are worried at all about fixing it?

Time to get your warrior alt ranked up or leave rift... its obvious they only have other classes outside warriors for fluff and speedbumps for warriors....

Dunsparrow quit making me start to like you =D

When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Dunsparrow quit making me start to like you =D
    You guys are both cool, us rogues gotta stick together more. Oh even though you explained it once I still don't understand your sig.
    Last edited by Madaam; 09-11-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Oh the irony. Fight on, forum warrior.
    Rage of Dragons (Dayblind - PvP)
    Formerly Leaf/Faze on Reclaimer.
    Leafe - 50 Rogue
    Phraze - 50 Cleric

It's your right to cry its his to bring a calm level headed approach. Imagine if you thought with a level head that whole embarrassing youtube video wouldn't be floating around.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jamama View Post
    It's your right to cry its his to bring a calm level headed approach. Imagine if you thought with a level head that whole embarrassing youtube video wouldn't be floating around.
    How dare you bring a calm, logical approach to this.
    Rage of Dragons (Dayblind - PvP)
    Formerly Leaf/Faze on Reclaimer.
    Leafe - 50 Rogue
    Phraze - 50 Cleric

Your temper tantrum approach doesn't help anyone. Crying wolf over obvious bugs on the PTS time and time again just pisses people off.
    Last edited by Malkieri; 09-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    Your temper tantrum approach doesn't help anyone. Crying wolf over obvious bugs on the PTS time and time again just pisses people off.
    no one is crying wolf over an obvious bug we are upset about a major game change they have stated that they are implementing

When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    no one is crying wolf over an obvious bug we are upset about a major game change they have stated that they are implementing
    The AP/SP bug that has been stated as just that, an unintended bug?

So I assume you mean the crit stat changes? I havn't seen anything stating that was intended?

Even if it is intended, I don't see Trion gutting gear scaling for rogues and our DPS through that to the point of being useless, which is what we would be if the PTS as of right now went live without the SP/AP bug.

It's far more likely that even with the crit change that our DPS would be compensated for with other changes. If Trion get that right then we'd be in a good place DPS wise without being crit capped going into HK gear.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    The AP/SP bug that has been stated as just that, an unintended bug?

So I assume you mean the crit stat changes? I havn't seen anything stating that was intended?

Even if it is intended, I don't see Trion gutting gear scaling for rogues and our DPS through that to the point of being useless, which is what we would be if the PTS as of right now went live without the SP/AP bug.

It's far more likely that even with the crit change that our DPS would be compensated for with other changes. If Trion get that right then we'd be in a good place DPS wise without being crit capped going into HK gear.
    Trion already gutted rogue gear scaling once by implementing the crit softcap. This may turn out to be a fix to that, or might be further gutting. It's just that past has proven that optimistic rogues end up disappointed.

Prophet of Telara

Talking

Read PTS notes, specifically their goals for rogues and the themes that formed those goals

They say among other things that they want rogues to be on par with warriors in PVP dps and want them to be feared like warriors are.

Now if changes to stats and souls conflict with those stated goals then I give them no credence at this point.

Wait and see... I'm happy for now that we have their attention and there's still time before 1.5 is live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast