+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice for a P1 rogue in PvP

Default Need advice for a P1 rogue in PvP

I'm level 45 right now and I know I'm about to be Warfront fodder, until I level up the P-ranks, when I turn 50. In the meantime, however, I'd still like to maximize my chances.

1) Which crafted armor set should I choose? I can probably afford a full set of the DPS or the tank set. My guess is that I would want the tank set, because I plan on playing a whole lot of Bard from P1-P6...but is the tanking set only really good for PvE (I see a lot of toughness on it) or is it good for tanking in PvP as well?

2) Or is the P1/P2 armor better than the crafted set just for the valor? I'm guessing if I wear 1/2 crafted and 1/2 PvP I'll get about 1/2 the valor...are the stats on them worth the valor loss?

3) What are some good builds for a P1 rogue for PvP? Are there ANY builds other than RS/Bard/Inf?

Thanks for your time!
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Valor valor valor valor.

Go Eradibot or Bard till 1.5.

this is my advice to any rogue who aspires to pvp at 50 and not be fodder.

PVP as soon as you can and as much as you can but save all your favor.

the first few ranks are fast at 50 so haveing a back store of favor for tokens and the starting set gear right off the bat will keep you in the running in the late game.

runner spec for whitefall

bard helps change the tide in pvp also hang back and try and keep yourself unnoticed. I recall one bard specing in to assassin so he could break off and vanish if needs be then re engage again later.

erad bot isent bad but it is VERY VERY VERY dull.

PVE a bit as well some of the trinkets from instances can be intresting in the late to mid rank up.

the eth trinket from deepstrike t2 for example mixed with bard can be just plane silly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Valor valor valor valor.

Go Eradibot or Bard till 1.5.
    Or just run stones for a month in Port Scion. You'll get killed some but you'll get good at running, which is important in pvp. You also won't be flamed for sucking or not being able to kill anyone.

IMO bard below like, r4 just get murdered. Bards are number 1 targets as soon as they are spotted.

Marksman can be fun at lower levels but requires a bit of skill. If you have good healing it can be fun. If you have standard healing (which means healers are only healing themselves and the warriors), then MM can suck pretty bad.

Shadowlander

Reroll a warrior and save the grief then grinding to r8

I'm currently p1 and I go bard anytime there isn't one, otherwise MM or Sin for me.
    Quickly switching between roles is key to making a difference.
    Bard for grp support/heals.
    MM if there's already a bard.
    Sin for control point defense and just being a general annoyance to the opposing faction.
    I rly don't die that much. You can blend into grps and/or stealth and remain unnoticed.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by despite View Post
    I'm currently p1 and I go bard anytime there isn't one, otherwise MM or Sin for me.
    Quickly switching between roles is key to making a difference.
    Bard for grp support/heals.
    MM if there's already a bard.
    Sin for control point defense and just being a general annoyance to the opposing faction.
    I rly don't die that much. You can blend into grps and/or stealth and remain unnoticed.
    yellow bar means you are usually towards the bottom of the list of 'enemies to kill'

for better or worse...
    Last edited by garethh; 09-10-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    I'm level 45 right now and I know I'm about to be Warfront fodder, until I level up the P-ranks, when I turn 50. In the meantime, however, I'd still like to maximize my chances.
    Roll another class. Rogues are awful in PvP, and with the 1.5 patch it looks like we're taking an overall nerf.

Thanks for the build advice everyone.

I won't reroll a warrior because this guy is already lvl 45 and my alt warrior is only lvl 10

I didn't see many comments on gear though. I will have enough favor for a full P1/P2 set when I hit 50, but I can also afford a craftable set. So, @ P1, I can go craftable + P1 gear. @ P2 though, I will have to choose between craftable and P2 gear. Is the loss of stats really worth it?

If so, that makes me feel like craftable stuff is only for weapons and lowbie pve dungeons...which kind of sucks cuz I'm a big crafter.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Valor will be your single most powerful stat at early ranks. Stack up a full set of valor gear + 50 enchant on chest, and you will be sitting at 851 (34% damage reduction) by rank 2.

Two valuable rolls you can fill until you get higher rank weapons: Eradicate bot (MM/RS) & Bard (BRD/RS).

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread