+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoko: Can you parse this build

Banned

Default Hoko: Can you parse this build

This is a 21sin/40bd/5rs Hoko: Can you parse this build-2011-09-10_143426.jpg build I've done extensive testing with. It's a 1 button cp builder macro spam with deadly strike (obviously) as the finisher. I was hoping for a Hoko parse because I'm using pvp gear and getting these numbers. I don't have the attack power Hoko has from raid gear, and I'm way the hell over the crit soft cap (by 10%).

The Macro

#show Keen Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Double Coup
    cast Dualism
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

I'll answer some questions before I get them, because I'm sure I'll get them.

For 1, I parsed 1270 dps over about 8 minutes with combat pose, baneful touch, lethal poison and virulent poison. No tablet, fervor or weapon enhancement was used. I did not use expose weakness as I found that to be a dps loss for two reasons. One is that even though it does not activate a gcd, it may as well because it takes a second to do the stupid pose when you cast it so you can get back all the dps you lose by simply using the cp macro during that second. The other reason is that I felt it had a tendency to leave me a little starved for energy, which may leave it as an option for dps increase if you have fervor.

I found backstab to be a dps loss. Even though it hits hard, the synergy between keen strike, quick strike and precision strike is too important break up with any other cp builder. I found this to be true with puncture as well.

There are what I feel to be a few wasted points in this build from the BD tree, but dualism is such a huge dps burst that it proved to be worth it.

I tried other complimentary souls, such as mm and nb but was unable to come close to what this produces.

My sabdancer build parsed at 1270 with the same buff setup. Just poisons and combat pose. No tablet, fervor, or anything else.

If you have the time Hoko, I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts.

have already tested it and will already tell you, during everything but dualism using puncture and backstab while having fervor up will be a dps increase (even double coup). the problem you see is you are not using fervor, i refuse to dummy test without fervor since i always have it in a raid and the parses on the dummy become meaningless without it.

also without the 4pc BD crystal this is way behind sabodancer as i have already seen, it is also behind the old hoko spec which in 1.5 get an 8% dps boost plus potential pet fixing/scaling (if it goes live?).

expose weakness is worth using for bd/x with fervor, not worth using for anyone else tho (need the 15 energy back from bd to be worth it imo).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    have already tested it and will already tell you, during everything but dualism using puncture and backstab while having fervor up will be a dps increase (even double coup). the problem you see is you are not using fervor, i refuse to dummy test without fervor since i always have it in a raid and the parses on the dummy become meaningless without it.

also without the 4pc BD crystal this is way behind sabodancer as i have already seen, it is also behind the old hoko spec which in 1.5 get an 8% dps boost plus potential pet fixing/scaling (if it goes live?).

expose weakness is worth using for bd/x with fervor, not worth using for anyone else tho (need the 15 energy back from bd to be worth it imo).
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the prompt response.

+ Reply to Thread