+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 Top dog?

Shadowlander

Default 1.5 Top dog?

It is the nature of an MMO to evolve in a cyclical pattern. Even if the new patch 1.5 buffs makes rogues "OP" I welcome it because they deserve to be top dog for a while. All MMOs flow like this because you will never have true balance if the game offers options, that is just fact.

This is only an issue if one class is perpetually at the bottom and never sees their day of being top dog.

I don't want rogues to be overpowered in pvp or pve damage, I just want rogues to have more options outside of barding in warfronts or dispel bots ala iradicate marksman. Rogue survivability blows to all high haven and TRION is doing something about it. Along with a much needed dps boost. Typical warfronts you will see warriors with 20-30 kb's while a rogue will be lucky to get half that amount.

I just want to be close to a warrior or mage dps potential in pvp with survivability that is on par with those classes mentioned. I do not want to play an overpowered broken flavor of the month class. Let's just give TRION coders time to do their magic on the pts. I will do my part to run parses and test out the class in pvp scenarios and give feedback when necessary.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 09-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Rift Master

You may want that but what you will get is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You may want that but what you will get is OP.
    Whatever is out of balance will be hotfixed or patched, I will have faith in the developers on this.

Shield of Telara

It's funny how many MM rogues you see in WF's now.. it's like everyone is practicing for when 1.5 comes out.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    It's funny how many MM rogues you see in WF's now.. it's like everyone is practicing for when 1.5 comes out.
    I'm sure they're not top kb's and damage like warriors.

I don`t want them to be OP aswell, i just want them to be as strong as the other classes. When you are OP the nerf bat hits you quickly, so if we get OP, we`ll probably end up underP again about a month after the update.
    2011-Waiting for weapon wardrobe slots.

Soulwalker

Have to disagree a bit here - I enjoy playing a MM rogue and am usually near or at the top of KB's in a WF .
    Improved Hit and Run and then Quick Reload is pretty powerful burst . I will say that we are single target dps and it kills me when I see MM spamming weak AOE damage that gets healed away easily . I will premise this with I am well geared .

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Or maybe this is one of our only ranged specs? Can't assume that what people are doing now is in preparation for 1.5. That's just a stupid assumption.

And no matter the outcome of 1.5, the second people start having more trouble killing a rogue there will be a multitude of threads that state we are OP and we need to be nerfed back to where we are now.

People will always complain when they can.

I have faith that these adjustments will make us "balanced"
    <Retired>

Oh god, the griefing emo ret@rds will be even stronger now. Time to roll one just stay alive as only rogues are their own counters next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Oh god, the griefing emo ret@rds will be even stronger now. Time to roll one just stay alive as only rogues are their own counters next patch.
    You're funny, I like you.

I did the pvp event on PTS last night for a little bit to see how good rogues where, i played a warrior and used my fav anti-everyone dps warrior pvp build (not posting it here on rogue forums as warriors will QQ), and literally wrecked face. R8 warrior in pure R8 gear has just under 1100 valor and 8099hp, that is pretty baller.

anyways i was killing ppl 2 v 1 sometimes 3 v 1 (love PTS noobs that dont know how to play their classes) and afterwards was dueling some kind rogues in meridian. i wasnt able to play too long so only had a handful of matches (maybe 10) but the only rogue build that got close to beating me was a 38nb/16mm/12inf build, he got me to 144hp and i had to pot, i was very excited because on live, rogues simply dont do enough dmg or have enough survivability to beat this build.

i knew if i played as a rogue and killed warriors it wouldnt mean anything as many ppl on PTS dunno how to play, that is why i played as a warrior and fought many of you good rogues that do know how to play, very happy with the results, new twilight trans is very good! 50% heal while taking less dmg!!! so excited about it.

oh and rs needs more love, it is way too hard to get rift guard up in pvp, i roflestompped rs's in under 6 seconds even tho they had a billion hp as the hp meant nothing to a deep rb build. basically they need to make rift guard permanent and passive. warriors dont have to cast a buff for their shields to work, rogues shouldnt have to cast a buff for their magic mitigation to work (leave guarded steel and rift barrier as is).

and bards... well they just need to be more fun, they are fine more or less, but way too boring at this time. this is a video game, not a job!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Master

Some love for Sabo would be nice. Just a little tweaking here and there. Don't want to be op.
    Last edited by Raptor7; 09-10-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    Some love for Sabo would be nice. Just a little tweaking here and there. Don't want to be op.
    I want charge booster back to the way it was. Sabs need the power boost and it was much more fun using multiple charges instead of just stacks of the same charge

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    I want charge booster back to the way it was. Sabs need the power boost and it was much more fun using multiple charges instead of just stacks of the same charge
    agree'd.

1.1 killed rogues and we have been dead ever since.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast