+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.5's Melee Ranger possibilities?

Default 1.5's Melee Ranger possibilities?

So i was running a few parse's and came across this revamped sin melee ranger..if trees stay the way they are currently I think we have some potential in this one as well as many others...Rogues are looking pretty SPIFFY on PTS...

But the main reason I am linking is to have someone with full HK relics on PTS to parse..Im not one looking for the ego trip, but just looking for some input.. I love the idea behind the melee ranger and really hope there is still something along these lines come 1.5

build link..the pts are in the same place just different names on PTS..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...fV00M.VMcf0foc

really isnt much to it so basically have a 1 button macro like hoko's

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Poison Malice

keep head shot buff running..keep impale up and getting as many as them hard hitting final blow's in as possible..as well as pet out...cant wait to see how pets scale in raid due to the new way of rogue pets being affected by stats..

I was getting about 1500 on boss dummy self buffed..no fervor..no nothing..I dont care to post the parse because its not baseline since most parses are done in full HK relics...im far from it..so if any rogue out there that has time with the HK relic set, could ya link a parse on the thread pls..would be much appreciated..I really wish they would come back out with those vendors again..I'm not lazy..just didnt have the PTS client when the vendors where in game..

disclaimer...this is not a post to claim any rights or w/e some people do..im not a dundancer...

DONT DAZE ME BRO!!!

just posting for a little input, feedback...thanks
    Last edited by Spungey; 09-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.

really interested in a sin ST spec that beats sabodancer. current hoko spec gained bout an 8% dps increase on dummy, but supposedly they are fixing the pet so dunno how much dps the pet will do raid buffed.

also hate being energy starved, losing BD will hurt, but 10MM is huge dps gain.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

I think putting any long cd into your spam macro is silly. Take PM out and keep it separate.

As far as the build it's something I will give a try but it's hard to say what will and won't work or what will be better then the others until full notes are out and even then it might take a bit to discover those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    I think putting any long cd into your spam macro is silly. Take PM out and keep it separate.

As far as the build it's something I will give a try but it's hard to say what will and won't work or what will be better then the others until full notes are out and even then it might take a bit to discover those specs.
    using it every time it is up is to maximize dps... maximizing dps is not silly, less is more when it comes to actual fights, the less buttons you have to push, the more raid awareness you can have.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

i could try it with my 190ish latency

any wishes on which crystal to use?

Telaran

again... 190ish latency so you would definitly get more out of it

one without a crystal
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...alversion.png/

and one with sin crystal
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...alversion.png/

yeah that sin crystal will be nice..

btw..was that in full relics..with relic weapons?

seems like a small jump from what I was doing, but that could be due to the lag issues..PTS is slow for me as well since every rogue and his mother is on PTS...

Im gonna find me a decent melee spec with the pet..idk.. i love the pet idea, and hopefully they will be fixed soon. It would be bad***** if our wolfs could do 700dps by itself like the other callings pets..lawl

did u parse with fervor? or just self. it was really starved for me, but the good thing is backstab and savage have the same energy cost..

DEAR TRION DEVS
    The Assassin tree is almost there. Now pls bring down Serpent Strike in the root abilities. That would make spec'ing into sin so much worth it.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post

DEAR TRION DEVS
    The Assassin tree is almost there. Now pls bring down Serpent Strike in the root abilities. That would make spec'ing into sin so much worth it.
    This. Make SS the 31 point ability, and SA the 51 point ability to stop the whining. Warriors get oGCD abilities that hit just as hard without having to go 51 into a tree. Also make it an energy leech or something.
    Last edited by Calo; 09-09-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Telaran

selfbuffed, no fervor, full relic (except the belt.. no idea why i dont have the belt...)
    and ya.. i screwed up a few times during both parses :P

yeah..its a lil more upkeep since impale isnt the 21 seconds or w/e it is on live atm..thats one thing i wish they wouldnt of removed, because the timing is off now..idk..havent tried it with fervor so will have to see..if there was a way to have impale fall off just as your hitting that last cp builder for the refresh it would be nice..cant wait to see this stuff on live so i can test it in raid setting..

Telaran

sorry... just now noticed my previous screenshots were.. ya.. nvm

here's the right one ^^ (top: without crystal / bottom: with crystal)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4899/sinrngmm.png

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    using it every time it is up is to maximize dps... maximizing dps is not silly, less is more when it comes to actual fights, the less buttons you have to push, the more raid awareness you can have.
    I agree with you but knowing how fights can be you could use it and now the boss teleported across the room because the timing of it coming off cooldown and him using that ability lined up. Now you spend 10 seconds not hitting him with the buff active.

Things like that happen a lot with moving of bosses or running out because of AoE or maybe trying to save it for the burn phase when he takes extra damage or when you want to kill something asap like an add that needs to die quickly.

Too many things can happen to make it always usable on cooldown aside from a tank-n-spank fight, then you would be right

Tested this with same gear I have on live, gives very similiar numbers to sabdancer, one thing I would maybe do is drop double shot & put 1 point in crippling, 1 in trick, then you have some aoe, & for fights like murdantix you get a crippling & a quick shot or 2 on the way back.

+ Reply to Thread