+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infiltrator post 1.5...

Prophet of Telara

Default Infiltrator post 1.5...

Does anyone plan on using it? Just curious...I really think this soul needs some attention. I can't imagine using it in more than a build or two post 1.5...

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Does anyone plan on using it? Just curious...I really think this soul needs some attention. I can't imagine using it in more than a build or two post 1.5...
    with the changes to fell blades id imagine most people in pvp are going to go at least 32 in NB unless they add the same healing to anathema.. INF needs a COMPLETE rework honestly.. a lot of the pvp souls do though.. you can tell those souls were pretty much an afterthought and just thrown in at the last minute.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

It needs reworking but I honestly can't imagine running any spec without Cleanse Soul in there. That ability has saved me countless times and helped get me kills on some mages/clerics, especially Dominators when they pop Split Personalities. I can usually kill 1-2 of his personalities to give me Bloodthirsty as a pre HoT and can work the Dominator down himself well.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-09-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    <Retired>

if they upped the first talent to something like 50% armor pen it might be more viable... but as it stands and especially in 1.5 other trees look like they are going to have such a better selection of abilities.. although cleanse soul and break free are very very useful....
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    if they upped the first talent to something like 50% armor pen it might be more viable... but as it stands and especially in 1.5 other trees look like they are going to have such a better selection of abilities.. although cleanse soul and break free are very very useful....
    I feel like if you're running solo then Infiltrator is a must, but if you do a lot of organized premade groups (not being a bard or a flag runner) then you can dip into some other trees and leave Infiltrator out.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I feel like if you're running solo then Infiltrator is a must, but if you do a lot of organized premade groups (not being a bard or a flag runner) then you can dip into some other trees and leave Infiltrator out.
    id say generally just a 0 Inf is needed solo if you are high NB you get the other defensive stuff... cleanse soul is a nice addition but not needed with already have 3 defensive cooldowns (assuming you are 44 NB of course).. yea i agree if you always run with premades or whatever its not really needed at all.. well have to see how the final tree's pan out in 1.5 and see if going past the 0 pointer is even worth it anymore...

Prophet of Telara

These are pretty much my thoughts as well. Break Free and Cleanse Soul are nice, but not always "needed"...wasting 5 points in the first useless talent really sucks. Anathema is pretty much useless on all but baddies since it is a 30s timer and easily purged in a single GCD...just seems like we'll have better options now for sure to me.

*EDIT* Oh...and the deep stuff in the tree mostly sucks and/or has a super long timer that makes it not worth having...
    Last edited by Calo; 09-09-2011 at 05:11 PM.

They'd need to remove proc on dodge effects, rework ambush, rework anathema, rework theft of thought, rework sleight of hand, give us a 20 pointer that isn't F*cking stealth, and remove the whole "defensive" half of infiltrator altogether. Inf should have a non-stealth half, and a stealth half. Rogues are not tanks.

EDIT: And rework cloudy poison
    But yes, then I'd use it.
    Last edited by Zaros; 09-09-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    They'd need to remove proc on dodge effects, rework ambush, rework anathema, rework theft of thought, rework sleight of hand, give us a 20 pointer that isn't F*cking stealth, and remove the whole "defensive" half of infiltrator altogether. Inf should have a non-stealth half, and a stealth half. Rogues are not tanks.

EDIT: And rework cloudy poison
    But yes, then I'd use it.
    The thing is how is our tree compared to other classes PvP trees? I know clerics get Overload which is sweet, but if our tree is just as crappy as other souls' trees then there is no real reason to complain.
    <Retired>

Prophet of Telara

The thing is how is our tree compared to other classes PvP trees? I know clerics get Overload which is sweet, but if our tree is just as crappy as other souls' trees then there is no real reason to complain.
    Not saying others are "great", but they are better than ours. Clerics have a 5 pointer that makes everyone have 15% less chance to crit them. For 5 points we only get 5 percent crit in ranger/assassin. So, 5 points in their tree more than negates 10 points in ours...
    Last edited by Calo; 09-09-2011 at 05:19 PM.

mage has some good stuff.. warrior one pretty much blows also.. cleric is so so

I really like the interrupt on a finisher talent in the inf tree, that and on my nb it gives me access to perma stealth instead of 30 seconds, which is nice.
    Last edited by sirdanile; 09-09-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanile View Post
    I really like the interrupt on a finisher talent in the inf tree, that and on my nb it gives me access to perma stealth instead of 30 seconds, which is nice.
    That is good for those who don't go into Assassin, but for 21 into the PvP tree, I truly think that it should be permastealth with 100% movement speed.

Prophet of Telara

That is good for those who don't go into Assassin, but for 21 into the PvP tree, I truly think that it should be permastealth with 100% movement speed.
    It blows with reduced speed

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    remove the whole "defensive" half of infiltrator altogether. Inf should have a non-stealth half, and a stealth half. Rogues are not tanks.
    No, please no...this has kept me alive within 20m as cabs/doms/locks completely waste everyone. Yes, it's pointless for your classic Sin...but "Rogue" does not mean Assassin.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

+ Reply to Thread