+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on a runner spec

Shadowlander

Default Thoughts on a runner spec

Since rogues do very well on being flag runners/carrier.

What do you think of a spec like this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kkM.xrtRqd0zdo

All the defensive abilities in the RS line plus 2 on the doubles and a quicker cool down.

I also considered 10 points in Inf for clean soul but I didnt like losing anything to do it.

Please provide suggestions. I know I have seen a few builds in the past, but I didn't find any I liked more recently.

Thanks,

Mechant

Rift Chaser

It's an okay build but I think you are trying too much to get an extra 5 seconds of speed by going deep mm.

You are not going to do any damage whatsoever so I would stick to what this spec does best which is run. Drop all points in mm past on the double+getaway and go bladedancer for sprint. Sprint is the big reason why we run shards so well.

For example say your grabbing an enemy shard in whitewall and there is 1 guy there. Use OTD to create some unsnareable distance drop the prison and pop sprint. If he mounts it's still going to take a while to catch you while sprinting on top of the teleports. Break free is good but usually using OTD will break said snare and in combination of teleports and sprint will be a better choice. I would still get the 32 point teleport in rs for utility sake though.

Just my 2 cents and it's the build I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechant View Post
    Since rogues do very well on being flag runners/carrier.

What do you think of a spec like this?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kkM.xrtRqd0zdo

All the defensive abilities in the RS line plus 2 on the doubles and a quicker cool down.

I also considered 10 points in Inf for clean soul but I didnt like losing anything to do it.

Please provide suggestions. I know I have seen a few builds in the past, but I didn't find any I liked more recently.

Thanks,

Mechant
    Here is the best flag running build. Use it, abuse it and love it until it gets nerfed.

Your build puts to many points in MM. You don't need damage. Only speed and snare/fear breaks.
    Last edited by Raiga; 09-09-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Shadowlander

Cool, thanks for the link. In 3 more prestige ranks I can use it.

Ascendant

There's a guy on my shard that runs a RS/bard/sab hybrid and is the most difficult runner I've ever seen to catch. He relies on bard mesmerize and the RS planar prison. If you're guarding the flag, you wont stop him solo. He will just throw rift prison on you. if you break free, then he has his bard verse of captivation (8 second stun) ready to go. Then he throws the sab sticky bomb on the ground and takes off. If you get on your mount and catch him at mid-field, he just turns around and throws verse of captivation on you again. Basically he always has either rift prison or captivation off of CD so you are constantly being stunned as you chase him. And if for some reason those don't work, he just throws his sticky bomb on the ground slowing you to a crawl as he plane shifts forward. And if there are too many people guarding the flag and he ends up in trouble, well he memory captures out of the base (he sets his memory capture up just outside). Good luck catching him.

I think this build is much better than the traditional RS/MM/INF build you see everyone using. The only drawback is there is no stealth (no INF), but it doesn't matter much at all. Trust me, it is a much more effective spec than the RS/MM/INF spec the guy posted above.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 09-10-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

My build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k.VGkRod.xV0mz

just go 32rs/16mm/11bd and fill in the rest where you want. I honestly thing this spec > ones with inf as sprint is better then 5% movement speed.

+ Reply to Thread