+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change debilitating poison to a healing debuff

Telaran

Default Change debilitating poison to a healing debuff

A healing debuff is basically required to be effective in warfronts. I used to play sin but switched to 32 nb 23 blade 11 inf in 1.4 and found it much more effective against every class.

With the changes on the PTS, the best pvp specs will likely have at least 32 nb or 38 mm. Fell blades and vampiric munitions will be vastly superior to anathema.

Giving the Assassin tree a healing debuff will allow a greater variety of pvp specs which is always good.

I was hoping for a Assassin finisher that hit for water damage and applied a heal debuff myself. Pipe dream though that one.

We can't all be warriors and get our healing debuffs for 17 points invested... in worthwhile investments!

Really, all we need is for our healing debuffs to actually be lower in the trees for them to be more versatile/worthwhile investments. Right now, even with 1.5 PTS, going for a healing debuff in NB or MM will literally define the type of build we play.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 09-09-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Shield of Telara

Umm no its called balance not every soul can do everything and thats the way it should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Umm no its called balance not every soul can do everything and thats the way it should stay.
    Wasn't that the selling point of Rift? "Every class can do everything."

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

We have healing debuffs- it's a trade off as to how you want to spec per situation to be effective...it's over doing it to demand more and leads to the OP road.

If you give a Sin more burst, more sustained dps, healing debuff outside of Anathema and all the other goodies- why ever cross spec into anything else?

I'm not sure where 1.5 will take us and what changes will go live...but I want "rogues" in general to be addressed and not FoTM Sin or MM's out of it.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

- Vybz
    every class not every soul

btw. No. Assassin's need a stealth revamp, thats about it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

- Vybz
    no it was not.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran83 View Post
    A healing debuff is basically required to be effective in warfronts. I used to play sin but switched to 32 nb 23 blade 11 inf in 1.4 and found it much more effective against every class.

With the changes on the PTS, the best pvp specs will likely have at least 32 nb or 38 mm. Fell blades and vampiric munitions will be vastly superior to anathema.

Giving the Assassin tree a healing debuff will allow a greater variety of pvp specs which is always good.
    This is a good idea.
    Or they can change this to a mana/energy leach ( take care of our energy starvation)
    They really need to Improve the Inf line.
    Biggest change i think is to change Anathema to be uncleansable.
    I also like The idea of another finisher with a heal debuff that last say 15 seconds and uncleansable as well.
    Maybe they can also give us at 40 point.A range opener and finisher.(will help with closing the gap situations for people who is not spec in ranger)

But you can't have everything.Either way the changes on 1.5 now for assasin is definitely a plus.

Prophet of Telara

Default Infiltrator post 1.5...

*wrong thread*
    Last edited by Calo; 09-09-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Telaran

For 1.4 and on PTS there's not much incentive to play as Assassin.

On live right now, Nightblade/Bladedancer combos do more dmg and have more survivability.

You can spec 51 sin/15 inf but deadly dance buff + dusk strike or precision strike hits for about as hard as non-deadly dance serpent strike, also Fell blades is vastly superior to Anathema and it's only getting better with the 20% heal now on PTS. Twilight Shelter, Dusk to Dawn (especially with Deadly dance buff), Scourge of Darkness basically make Nightblade the better option IMO.

I'm fine with continuing to play Nightblade in 1.5, it would be nice to have more options for melee though.

OR give us some energy regeneration. Running out of energy in the first two GCDs as an "Assassin" and then being kited because you have no gap closers is absolutely pathetic.

It's not an assassin, it's a downy dual-wielding wet towels.
    ~Quiescent

It does feel like our gap closer is very high in Bladedancer next to Warriors, but then we get ranged trees and they don't. I'm not sure it feels like it balances out though.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Healers will still be invincible to us in 1.5. Doesn't matter if Sin gets a healing debuff or not. The best we can do is skirt around the periphery and try to assist the mages and warriors while staying out of their way. The small amount of "vampiric" healing we'll get isn't going to change the dynamic.

+ Reply to Thread