+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab changes?

Default Sab changes?

I haven't had time to go on the PTS at all, so I'm asking here. Are the changes to sab noticeable? Upgrades to traps and bombs? What's the dealeo?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I only looked briefly at the trees on PTS, but I think various bombs are getting a bonus contribution from attack power, making them not entirely useless. I'm still not convinced anything will beat spike/shrap/repeat, but at least maybe things like frag bomb will have a place in AOE rotations. I dunno LOL.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Trion noticed people never use bombs. Instead of determining the reason why (rotations with limited GCDs), they decided buffing bombs would help. It's a hamfisted solution to a non-problem.

Bottom line: sabdancer is completely unchanged and sab is still garbage in PvP.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-09-2011 at 07:59 AM.

well the buff to bombs might make them useful in the Ranged Sabo rotation since there is usually a second or 2 wait before you can detonate to keep from clipping your spikes. Im not saying its a big change, but it might make them slightly more useful.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

RIFT Guide Writer

Bombs still look like a waste of gcd and energy unless target is at very low health and dies in a few seconds so placing charges would be useless. Bomb damage is still really bad.

High Explosives bug that it could only crit on its first tick is fixed. Too bad it got fixed so that it no longer crits at all which means the 44 sab build got a small nerf. Ranger builds will far outperform ranged sab as ranged dps now.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Trion noticed people never use bombs. Instead of determining the reason why (rotations with limited GCDs), they decided buffing bombs would help. It's a hamfisted solution to a non-problem.

Bottom line: sabdancer is completely unchanged and sab is still garbage in PvP.
    This ^^^ a thousand times over
    Trapped<Ruined> level 50 rogue

+ Reply to Thread