+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB/Sin/Inf PvP Build

Shadowlander

Default NB/Sin/Inf PvP Build

I created a build last night and was wondering if I can get everyone's thoughts. I will link all the details of the spec here:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0c.0ARfxob0dbR

Buffs:
    Fell Blades
    Hellfire Blades
    Ebon Fury
    Poison Malice

Survival Cooldowns:
    Twilight Shelter
    Slip Away

The spec relies on two macros:

2 pt macro

#show Dusk Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Dusk Strike

1 pt macro

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Primal Strike

Rotation Opener:

Stealth -> Expose Weakness -> Jagged Strike -> 2 pt macro -> Fiery Spike x2 ->1 pt macro -> Impale ->
    2 pt macro -> Fiery Spike -> 1 pt macro x2 -> Final Blow (Until Impale timer runs out, then refresh Impale)

From what I can tell, the damage output seems consistent and offers nice spike damage, as well as bleeds and dots. Keep in mind I just made the build last night, so I don't know if there were any errors in my strategy. Let me know what you think?
    Last edited by Hellrime; 09-09-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Shadowlander

typical hybrid build 34/32 or 33/33 or 32/34 doesnt matter
    assassin without foul play?nigtblade without dusk to dawn and SOD after spending over 30 points in each tree?
    its nice to match ppl 6 ranks lower.bard is better to do that.

Shadowlander

I didn't go for Foul Play because the length of time it stuns seems abysmal, most players are only stunned for 1 or 2 seconds which doesn't make that much of a difference. Dusk till Dawn I felt left me exposed for too long a period over what I would gain for taking it (Since a lot of pvpers travel in groups they would have me dead before the cast finished). I tossed around Scourge of Darkness, but ultimately didn't go with it because I figured I could put points into Enhanced Weapon Enchantments to have greater sustained damage.
    Last edited by Hellrime; 09-09-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Shield of Telara

When you open from stealth, you can use foul play to basically stunlock and put a nice dent in most players if not kill them... if I'm going that high in sin, I will always have foul play.

I prefer more in NB and less in SIN as I would rather have the dmg shields in NB over the ability to slip away. I also think that Scourge of Darkness & Dusk to Dawn are two of the best abilities in the NB soul and you avoided both of them...
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Shadowlander

Ok np Hell its your personal choice but :
    1. i agree with Strifev
    2.DTD increases dmg of your Nb finishers.
    3.even 1-2 sec stun is still better than no stun for example it may be great for interrupting casters
    4.DTD still does nice dmg
    and more ...

Shadowlander

I'm starting to see your point, also with the stuns. I'll go back to the drawing board with it. Thanks for the assistance.

Shadowlander

and again
    5.no blinding powder or dark containment its only 1 point great cc ability
    6.without improved TF many players will kite u to death
    7.if u will check some pages here there were many topics about nb/*** variations

Soulwalker

44NB/22ASN/0INF is IMO by far the best combo of those 3 trees pre 1.5, You get loads of survivability and a nice damage boost from the assassin passives with premastealth and foul play.

DTD is a must for the 40% bonus to the 2 finishers also a great way to open up from stealth with a 20% bonus to damage from DM. Most players have it get 3 ticks min before they BF and go at you if they are melee or casters will throw a couple of dots. In that time you get ur 5CPs use SoD and rofl tthem while you have ur Blackout and TD up .

Very few classes can handle this spec, massive burst with great surviability , by far one of the top three pvp rogue builds
    Last edited by Grolt; 09-09-2011 at 08:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread