+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman, Worst spec or Worstest spec? Trion has lost its mind

Shadowlander

Default Marksman, Worst spec or Worstest spec? Trion has lost its mind

What? you're breaking allready shattered class? I dont even---

Single minded focus -
    Old - Increases the damage of your swift shot, hasted shot, empowered shot, deadeye shot and rapid fire shot by 3%. (Per point - 15% total)
    New - Increases the damage of all single target attacks by 1%. (per point, 5% total)

swift shot, hasted shot, empowered shot, dead eye shot and rapid fire shot does 10% less dmg now.. screw that

Hit and run (Replaced by Electrified Munitions) -
    Old - A maneuver that allows Auto attacks to be used while moving, and causes empowered shot and Deadeye shot to become instant casts, and removes empowered shot's cooldown for 15 seconds.
    New - The rogue's ranged weapon atack abilities deal additional air damage. Damage is increased with more points spent in the marksman soul above 14. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

What? this was never used by level 50's anyway. Make it other then weapon enchantsments

Marksman's Pedestal (Replaced by Invigorating munitions) -
    Old - Increases the rogues damage with ranged weapons by 10% while standing in the pedestal.
    New - Ranged attacks give back 2 energy. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

This is like ****ting where u eat, no more pedestal on sozu's useless skill since only 2 enchantments allowed

Snipers pedestal (Replaced with Rending Munitions) -
    Old - Increases damage with ranged weapons by 30%
    New - The rogue's ranged weapon attacks ignore 25% of the targets armor. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

Bullsh!t, but also nice. No more standing still for sniper pedestal.

2 enchs only, they should leave Sniper as it is it would be better.
    Last edited by Tohbey; 09-09-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Ayu
    Plane Touched

Do you really have any clue what you're talking about?

Electrified munitions is good since everybody used improved hit&run anyway, change doesn't matter.
    It's just more damage which might compensate the change in single minded focus, don't know since I've not done parses.

Energy regen is amazing thing for marksmans since you ran out of it easily, maybe not in pvp but definitely in PVE.

More armor piercing? More damage. Besides who played 51 mm spec in pvp or pve anyway?

I think the changes are good and step to better direction.
    Fei @ Bloodiron
    <Purge to Win>
    Progress:

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror) --- River of Souls 4/4 (Conqueror) --- Gilded Prophecy 4/4 --- Hammerknell 10/10 Akylios World 5th --- Drowned Halls 4/4

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Yeah the single minded focus s a nerf to marks, yet a buff to full ranged speccs, although a low talent like that should be helping other speccs some while being okay for the main soul. You also still gain a buff to damage for standing still it is just not a buff on the ground. Some of the ammo buffs are pretty good for pve, and others for pvp with the ability to use marks more in a pve specc is nice as well Honestly i always thoguht that all souls shoudl be viable in pvp as welll as pve,with only the pvp soul being the fully pvp soul.

Ayu
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    Yeah the single minded focus s a nerf to marks, yet a buff to full ranged speccs, although a low talent like that should be helping other speccs some while being okay for the main soul. You also still gain a buff to damage for standing still it is just not a buff on the ground. Some of the ammo buffs are pretty good for pve, and others for pvp with the ability to use marks more in a pve specc is nice as well Honestly i always thoguht that all souls shoudl be viable in pvp as welll as pve,with only the pvp soul being the fully pvp soul.
    Well If you ask me MMs were OP before all the nerfs (like the strafe nerf back in the days.. ) and right NOW they are doing fairly good, I have nothing to complain about pvp point of view but they do blow in pve right now which I hope will be fixed after the patch. I really enjoy the fact that they're getting rid of the silly pedestals.
    Fei @ Bloodiron
    <Purge to Win>
    Progress:

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror) --- River of Souls 4/4 (Conqueror) --- Gilded Prophecy 4/4 --- Hammerknell 10/10 Akylios World 5th --- Drowned Halls 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu View Post
    Well If you ask me MMs were OP before all the nerfs (like the strafe nerf back in the days.. ) and right NOW they are doing fairly good, I have nothing to complain about pvp point of view but they do blow in pve right now which I hope will be fixed after the patch. I really enjoy the fact that they're getting rid of the silly pedestals.
    Strafe used to be so far-king cooool. Like SUPER DWAMN AWESOME Pew PeW PEW! Wish they made an extended skill or something, like call it Wall-Hack!
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 09-09-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu View Post
    Do you really have any clue what you're talking about?

Electrified munitions is good since everybody used improved hit&run anyway, change doesn't matter.
    It's just more damage which might compensate the change in single minded focus, don't know since I've not done parses.

Energy regen is amazing thing for marksmans since you ran out of it easily, maybe not in pvp but definitely in PVE.

More armor piercing? More damage. Besides who played 51 mm spec in pvp or pve anyway?

I think the changes are good and step to better direction.
    I dont think you get the points. Read carefully. Only 2 wep enchs allowed and we will be getting 4 wep echs.

Air dmg ench
    20% armor pierce ench
    Energy regain ench
    and 1 more.

Which one are you gonna use? are you going to take Air dmg over Energy? or 20% over air dmg?
    In the end 2 of the gonna be somewhat useless. So its gonna be like low level hit and run. A forgotten low level skill. Instead of 15% more dmg on the most used skills swift shot, hasted shot, empowered shot, dead eye shot and rapid fire shot we gonna get 5% overall.. I cant see how this is not a nerf

Rift Disciple

Everything sounded good at first but honestly when viewed this way I have my doubts. Which enchant you going to use now? air damage to get master archer back? the 51 point one to get the armor penetration back? you'll probably want the healing debuff so now you lose one of those previously mentioned.

Our pedestal damage that we used to have at 30% is now 20%. Before we could plant it and and move for 15 seconds. Now we have to stand still to get it.

Our swift/hasted/deadeye etc went from 15% damage bonus to 5%.

I mean the more I look at it, the more I'm questioning where was the real bonus to MM here? This feels like a horizontal move at best and there is potential here for this to be a step backward.

Show any video where you think the MM is a solid contender where the players hes killing aren't sitting at 4.5k hp. I have my doubts that this really makes us competitive on equal terms.

Shadowlander

Its like Instincts for rangers and poisons for sin. You can only use 1 instinct and the other one is barely used. The same will happend to marksmans enchs. 2 will become popular while the other 2 are forgotten

Incase my post was missguided what i wanted to say was that markman is being pushed more in to being a secondary soul for other souls instead of a main soul.

Is there actualy any pve specs that are marksman based? other then using marksman as a secondary soul for buffs?

as for pvp, most warriors with ranged skills / run speed facerolls mms. I only use marksman for group pvp. In pve all other classes just overruns mms dps.
    from my point of view marksman is used for nothing other then secondary souls for buffs. I'd like to have a spec that is marksman based and is equal with sozus, hoko and sabdancer

Rift Disciple

So basically you're saying that MM is still not a competitive PVP soul after all these changes and at best they just made it more useful as an off soul.

I would be based on hwo deep you go into mm. If you go to where you can get alot of air based attack i could somethign like nb with taking unstable state as well as the others for a increase while also going into the ranger soul. If you go ranger grab it for the extra cast time shots and physical based long range atacks. The buffs are kinda weird not sure why the ap one is so high wehn your attacks that far in evade armor anyway.

I could see people going in to sin for the physica crit poison, and then into mm for the armor pen ammo whcih would make a good combo too.
    Last edited by Elric-merren; 09-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

wait wait

MM is getting pedestal for free, and heal debuff, and 30 energy cheaper interrupt, and you're complaining?

some people are just beyond help.

The changes to Marks are overall okay, but a nerf to the damage.

The talent that increases our damage by 20% when we're standing still is a step in the wrong direction because the damage was taken away from other places. So now when we move we're doing even less damage than we were prior. We have to stand still to get the bonus and they've stated they wanted us to be an on the move class. I don't get their rationale.

Rending Munitions is good on paper, but is only good for PvE. No one will be going Marks for PvE, and Electrifying/Vampiric is a better combination for PvP, due to the scaling of Electrifying at 51 points.

Invigorating Munitions is horrible. Do the math, it's worth 1/15th of a shot's damage due to 2 energy regen against a 30 energy attack. Not worth it in the least.

Marksman is still in need of help. I've tested the Marksman changes on the PTR and the damage is significantly lower due to having to be on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScythe View Post
    The changes to Marks are overall okay, but a nerf to the damage.

The talent that increases our damage by 20% when we're standing still is a step in the wrong direction because the damage was taken away from other places. So now when we move we're doing even less damage than we were prior. We have to stand still to get the bonus and they've stated they wanted us to be an on the move class. I don't get their rationale.

Rending Munitions is good on paper, but is only good for PvE. No one will be going Marks for PvE, and Electrifying/Vampiric is a better combination for PvP, due to the scaling of Electrifying at 51 points.

Invigorating Munitions is horrible. Do the math, it's worth 1/15th of a shot's damage due to 2 energy regen against a 30 energy attack. Not worth it in the least.

Marksman is still in need of help. I've tested the Marksman changes on the PTR and the damage is significantly lower due to having to be on the move.
    It is not true that no one would be, i love ranged based classes and this sounds interesting to try out more then i have. already,

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    It is not true that no one would be, i love ranged based classes and this sounds interesting to try out more then i have. already,
    You'd be ridiculous to go main Marksman for PvE. If you do you're gimping yourself. There's far better ranged specs out there. And by "specs" I mean 1 true spec.
    Last edited by RogueScythe; 09-09-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tohbey View Post
    What? you're breaking allready shattered class? I dont even---

Single minded focus -
    Old - Increases the damage of your swift shot, hasted shot, empowered shot, deadeye shot and rapid fire shot by 3%. (Per point - 15% total)
    New - Increases the damage of all single target attacks by 1%. (per point, 5% total)

swift shot, hasted shot, empowered shot, dead eye shot and rapid fire shot does 10% less dmg now.. screw that
    Snipers pedestal (Replaced with Rending Munitions) -
    Old - Increases damage with ranged weapons by 30%
    New - The rogue's ranged weapon attacks ignore 25% of the targets armor. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.

Bullsh!t, but also nice. No more standing still for sniper pedestal.

2 enchs only, they should leave Sniper as it is it would be better.
    You do realize that between Rending Munitions, Penetrating Shots, and Penetrating Strikes ... a marksman ignores 55% of a players armor now, right? That is a hell of a lot more damage then the missing 10% damage from old Single minded focus.

Straife is now 150% bonus from AP ... so I am thinking of going 5 RS for another 15% on top of the 25% from Improved Fire Power. Too bad Annihilate isn't ranged or I would consider it over Cleanse Soul.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast