+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogue 1.5 PvP build ideas?

Question Rogue 1.5 PvP build ideas?

Any veteran rogues that are on the PTS right now doing their parsing have any ideas on possible and sufficient PvP rogue builds? (Dunharrow, Hoko, Sozu, Zyzyx just to name a few). Thank you.
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

44m/20sin is looking really nice. Same old mm but with more survivability and sustained damage. Baneful touch + electrified munitions is pretty nasty.

38nb/28sin looks promising as well. Leeching poison, fell blades, twilight transcendence and enduring brew can make you feel like a chlorolock. You won't die from water jet anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post
    44m/20sin is looking really nice. Same old mm but with more survivability and sustained damage. Baneful touch + electrified munitions is pretty nasty.

38nb/28sin looks promising as well. Leeching poison, fell blades, twilight transcendence and enduring brew can make you feel like a chlorolock. You won't die from water jet anymore!
    38NB/28sin was the one ive been most interested in
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Anything in the assassin department? It's pretty much the spec I leveled up playing in the WF so I know it the best and it feels fluid for me. I prefer being dependent on stealth rather than 2 min CDs like the NB is.

51sin/15mm?
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

Plane Touched

I wonder if anyone can guess what I'm about to mention based on all of my previous build posts.

I'm still 33 RS / 33 Sin on the pts. RS became 100% more effective and fun to play paired with a dps soul in pvp. Rift barrier's tooltip is broken like the miriad of other tooltips - It is now basically the old rift barrier + improved rift barrier + the damage reflect now. It's a great little bit of extra damage when people hit you, magic or physical.

Stalker phase proccing from all planeshifts is a dream. You can maintain 100% uptime if you time your shifts like second nature. You have to spend 10 points in NB for 15% damage to finishers and builders, Stalker phase is a flat 15% for everything, including white hits. You also get 15% crit.

The 50% speed from hasted time is amazing, balanced by the fact you have to use it once every 10 sec. It's an unkitable spec in the right hands. Marksmen and rangers can't keep you 3 feet away for the whole fight.

New leeching poison + the toughness of RS makes the build very hardy. I have exactly 8500hp as a RS/ Sin with full r8 gear. Heals proccing for 180 every second or 2 is a great burst of survivability that warriors, clerics, and mages have enjoyed twofold for the past 6 months.

Finally, with changes to slip away coming, flashback is even more essential as a get away button than ever before. I flashback ten times as often as I slip away these days.

Finally, with planar vortex....wow this ability has some FUN utility that will have you switching into guardian phase for many reasons. I find myself "phase shifting" back and forth between guardian and stalker phase now, something I never used to do.

Give it a try, it's a blast of a spec. Nightstalker is fun as well - New fellblades + RS's hardiness is just as great.

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Any veteran rogues that are on the PTS right now doing their parsing have any ideas on possible and sufficient PvP rogue builds? (Dunharrow, Hoko, Sozu, Zyzyx just to name a few). Thank you.
    LOlololololololol that is funny, I honestly cracked up a bunch.

But check out deep a nightblade mix;

Fell Blades and Twilight Transcendence will be really good now.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-09-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    <Retired>

Sorry should have posted the build I've tried on PTS, I managed to bring a warrior down to 140 HP (he popped a pot...) and I managed to use it on the new WF as well.

It did pretty well out there (even worked down another warrior 1 v 1 when I used the new Twilight CD), I love the heal and Fell Blades was healing a small amount, but it adds up overtime.

Check
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-09-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    <Retired>

Soulwalker

MM... with 51 point he got buff... ignoring 25% armor enemy... this look nice... no pedestal... MM will be now better dps then SIN...

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post

44MM/20sin is good for damage, but lacks survivability. Variants of this look better for PvE. For PvP I'm looking toward Gunblade variants. 44MM/22NB might even work. The good news is that the 51 point ammunition is garbage, so there's no need to go beyond 44 in MM.

Enduring Brew is still pretty weak. Its a small heal (about 1k with full P8 gear) and its on 1 minute CD. Meh.

I'm very skeptical about the effectiveness of this new vampiric healing mechanic. I like the idea but unless you're 1v1 against a pure healer, its going to be somewhere between inadequate and useless. Healing debuffs affect it as well, and since every Warrior has Lingering Wounds, you won't be getting much at all from it. Certainly not enough to survive a Warrior's off-GCD burst. But, its difficult to get a good handle on it from PTS.

Bottom line is that melee builds mostly look to have the same troubles after the patch that they do now. Warriors and Mages are still devastating gods of the battlefield and Rogues need to avoid being in melee range. To paraphrase a famous admiral, we can't repel firepower of that magnitude.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Shadowlander

So with all the buffed "survivability" mechanics such as fell blades, vampiric munitions, (buffed?) leeching poison, (buffed?) enduring brew, and uh...motif of renewal...what are we going to do if we get fell blades or vampiric munitions debuffs on ourselves from opposing rogues?

Aren't rogues just going to be screwing over other rogues and still get owned by clerics, mages, and warriors? Cleanse options are pretty slim.

Why does nobody talk about Bladedancers? I tell you why. Because BD is still looking like crap. 51 BD spec should be a terminatoır. Because no stealth, no plate armor, no shooting from far benefit, those mean no advantage.

I please you Trion, pls buff Bladedancer soul more. Add something special to 51 BD.
    For example: add Stealth Detection. (If BD has now stealth, maybe stealth detection makes it viable.)
    or improve Deadly Dance with given points in BD tree above 26 or sth.
    or add more ability that should not affected with global cooldown or give offhand abilities and give offhand finisher.
    or give a buff with 30 sec CD that should convert the abilities physical dmg to Death dmg affect with Deadly Dance. It works like Hidden Veil.
    or all of them. It is up to your imaginary.

I will make a post suggestion about melee rogues.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Sorry should have posted the build I've tried on PTS, I managed to bring a warrior down to 140 HP (he popped a pot...) and I managed to use it on the new WF as well.

It did pretty well out there (even worked down another warrior 1 v 1 when I used the new Twilight CD), I love the heal and Fell Blades was healing a small amount, but it adds up overtime.

Check
    Pfft, as a rogue, if you ain't ranged nor have perma stealth, stop kidding yourself and play a proper warrior cause that's what you are.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Why does nobody talk about Bladedancers? I tell you why. Because BD is still looking like crap. 51 BD spec should be a terminatoır. Because no stealth, no plate armor, no shooting from far benefit, those mean no advantage.

I please you Trion, pls buff Bladedancer soul more. Add something special to 51 BD.
    For example: add Stealth Detection. (If BD has now stealth, maybe stealth detection makes it viable.)
    or improve Deadly Dance with given points in BD tree above 26 or sth.
    or add more ability that should not affected with global cooldown or give offhand abilities and give offhand finisher.
    or give a buff with 30 sec CD that should convert the abilities physical dmg to Death dmg affect with Deadly Dance. It works like Hidden Veil.
    or all of them. It is up to your imaginary.

I will make a post suggestion about melee rogues.

Thanks...
    The idea of adding stealth detection to a Rogue tree is a horrid idea. As it is, Rogues mostly screw other Rogues over because it is what we are best at doing. They should be making us to compete with other classes, not helping us kill each other. Stealth wars from DAoC anyone?

That being said...BD is a glass cannon without the cannon. No stealth, no real survivability, and no damage to make up for it. Sadly, this is what most melee Rogues are suffering from. The new "survivability" isn't going to amount to much...I can't believe they basically did another re-design of MM...I seem to recall more people being unhappy with the state of melee Rogues than MM.

20% healing leeches sound cool, but are going to be doing 10% of the total heal(since the target is 50% debuffed)...still considerably less than our target is getting.

~120HPS from Leeching is cool again, but still a small fraction of what our targets can do for themselves.

~800 from the brew is a nice "keep me in the fight for one hit longer" ability, but again isn't going to make a huge difference.

Survivability hasn't moved much in a real world scenario, and SA is probably going to get nerfed as a tradeoff for the current inadequate changes.

Heal debuffs in more builds will help kill people trying to heal themselves, but don't kid yourselves. You aren't more survivable after this, and your damage output probably hasn't changed much. Everywhere they added damage, they took it from somewhere else.

IE, bleeds doing 30% more upfront damage...but doing something like 50% less over the old duration. Now to keep Final Blow doing max damage, you have to keep reapplying Impale even faster, which means you are getting less final blows off. More builds will be possible, but they won't greatly out-perform anything we already have...
    Last edited by Calo; 09-10-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Pfft, as a rogue, if you ain't ranged nor have perma stealth, stop kidding yourself and play a proper warrior cause that's what you are.
    It is ranged...lol. It's a combination of Nightman and Gunblade but I rely heavily on the MM kiting abilities. The NB is there for defensive purposes plus it has SoD and has some offensive abilities.

Before criticizing it's probably best to ask what I do with the spec.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-10-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    It is ranged...lol. It's a combination of Nightman and Gunblade but I rely heavily on the MM kiting abilities. The NB is there for defensive purposes plus it has SoD and has some offensive abilities.

Before criticizing it's probably best to ask what I do with the spec.
    It looks exactly the same as Dunsparrow's original gunblade spec...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast