+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Farming Spec (NO PET)

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Farming Spec (NO PET)

Farming Spec NO PET!

This spec was built for farming mobs either in large groups or single target and to be able to handle them fine, of course without a pet. Great for dailies, questing, rep grinds, or doing Rifts of any kind. It does not require you to stealth since you have a charge and it is nice to use it for the early combo points but it does have the infinite stealth ability and movement speed increase to help you get around what you need to or want to. Also has the Shadow Shift (blink) ability for further movement increase.

here is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bAhc0R0bz.V0xh

A large part of this spec is know when to not use finishers to receive the heal from left over combo points and energy to move quickly to the next fight, no down time. Also while AoE pulling I tend to use sidestep for 3+ mobs even though most the time that is unnecessary since you get some much health back after they die, also make sure when you are AoE target the one with the least amount of health so your points build on him and when he dies you get health and energy from him to help finish the others. Don't forget to use the disarm when needed =]

Otherwise the spec is very simple I use the sidestep buff when fighting the tougher elites and usually only use Deadly Strike finisher at 3 points on none elite to get back to 5 points before they die, but will you it a lot more on elites with more HP.

I save Dancing Steel for large pulls it finishes they off quickly but it doesn't build combo points so i usually AoE bit first then use it so I receive something.

Buffs to use:
    Leaching Poison
    Lethal Poison
    Combat Pose
    Planebound Resilience

Macros:

Single Target Farm
    #show Keen Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Poison Malice

AoE Farm

#show Rift Disturbance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

Basic rotation for normal farming FoS->DS->Single Target Macro till they die without FoS all i do is literally Macro till they die

Basic rotation for normal AoE FoS->Weapon Barrage to pull ranged or Single Target Macro since its in there ->AoE Macro

It is just that simple

ANY improvements or suggestions please post this is my first time Posting on the Rift Forums so sorry if I missed something or screwed up somewhere! xD
    Well GL and happy Farming!! <3

From the Guild of: <IM A FLAMINGO CACAW CACAW>

you could of just gone into the stickys and looked under Cuisinart build and seen almost the exact same build minus perma stealth.. also no reason to macro Weapon Barrage best used when you need it especially in PVE cause it usually makes a normal caster mob completely helpless until they are dead
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    you could of just gone into the stickys and looked under Cuisinart build and seen almost the exact same build minus perma stealth.. also no reason to macro Weapon Barrage best used when you need it especially in PVE cause it usually makes a normal caster mob completely helpless until they are dead
    They do have their similarities but at the same time they are drastically different in my opinion his is more for lvling and killing everything while this is more for getting around doing what you need to do and moving on since I don't need the xp. I can kill everything but i don't want to when i get stealth past an area to farm in a different area. But i do wish I had seen that sticky while I was leveling would have been nice haha :P.

And for Weapon Barrage I guess its really play style I find that its up enough to keep it in a macro and still use it on caster mobs when need be I just like the off gcd burst for fighting that little extra umph to kill and move on

but thank you for pointing that out! =] somethings I obviously looked over and didn't mention

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jxxx View Post
    They do have their similarities but at the same time they are drastically different in my opinion
    Please. Get over yoself. And macroing weapon barrage is just stupid. It is not a playstyle thing.
    Last edited by Fonk; 09-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Soulwalker

The two specs does have their similarities. Cuisinart seems to focus more on one more planar shift, and stalker phase. While the other spec is good for leveling, this spec seems really good for farming non-stop. There is more emphasize on Energy Regen, healing poison, and the ability to stealth permanently through unwanted mobs.

I think both specs have their ups and downs but I feel this spec is more straight to the point to all the abilities you really need.

drastically different
    i find that funny because the ONLY change in playstyle between the two is the perm stealth.. which for the straight up fighting part makes it really no different... granted having perm stealth is great for getting straight to an objective but saying this build is drastically different is silly
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

So... you've taken the good old Cuisinart build and dropped offensive/defensive talents in favour of perma-stealth. Which you'll never, ever need for straight-up farming, which is Cuisnart's raison d'etre. And this is an improvement how, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    So... you've taken the good old Cuisinart build and dropped offensive/defensive talents in favour of perma-stealth. Which you'll never, ever need for straight-up farming, which is Cuisnart's raison d'etre. And this is an improvement how, exactly?
    i see having perm stealth being useful and all i like it especially for the quests chains that make you go back and forth to same area.. but yea he is saying its for farming rifts/rep grinds and such which Cuisinart is better for anyway.. so he kinda has it backwards that build is actually slightly easier for leveling since you can stealth to an objective.. after 50 you really don't need to do that much unless you are doing PVP daily's and lots of the other faction are around(in this case i would NOT suggest this build anyway)

Cuisinart is better, TLDR, sorry you wasted your time typing all that mess out, move on with your life friend 8D

You realize you don't have to have perma stealth in your farming build? Try changing roles on the fly...
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 09-09-2011 at 12:06 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascura View Post
    The two specs does have their similarities. Cuisinart seems to focus more on one more planar shift, and stalker phase. While the other spec is good for leveling, this spec seems really good for farming non-stop. There is more emphasize on Energy Regen, healing poison, and the ability to stealth permanently through unwanted mobs.

I think both specs have their ups and downs but I feel this spec is more straight to the point to all the abilities you really need.
    They have their similarities in that they are the exact same, relying on the same mechanics, same macros and same rotation. Otherwise, they are completely different. Derp.

So the guy is new to the forums.... jesus... so much flame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    So the guy is new to the forums.... jesus... so much flame.
    i usually try not to flame but when someone has a build and you show them a sticky of pretty much the exact same build and they say its "drastically different" kinda opens them up for it...

Plane Touched

Farming Spec NO PET!

This spec was built for farming mobs either in large groups or single target and to be able to handle them fine, of course without a pet. Great for dailies, questing, rep grinds, or doing Rifts of any kind. It does not require you to stealth since you have a charge and it is nice to use it for the early combo points but it does have the infinite stealth ability and movement speed increase to help you get around what you need to or want to. Also has the Shadow Shift (blink) ability for further movement increase.

here is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bAhc0R0bz.V0xh

A large part of this spec is know when to not use finishers to receive the heal from left over combo points and energy to move quickly to the next fight, no down time. Also while AoE pulling I tend to use sidestep for 3+ mobs even though most the time that is unnecessary since you get some much health back after they die, also make sure when you are AoE target the one with the least amount of health so your points build on him and when he dies you get health and energy from him to help finish the others. Don't forget to use the disarm when needed =]

Otherwise the spec is very simple I use the sidestep buff when fighting the tougher elites and usually only use Deadly Strike finisher at 3 points on none elite to get back to 5 points before they die, but will you it a lot more on elites with more HP.

I save Dancing Steel for large pulls it finishes they off quickly but it doesn't build combo points so i usually AoE bit first then use it so I receive something.

Buffs to use:
    Leaching Poison
    Lethal Poison
    Combat Pose
    Planebound Resilience

Macros:

Single Target Farm
    #show Keen Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Poison Malice

AoE Farm

#show Rift Disturbance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

Basic rotation for normal farming FoS->DS->Single Target Macro till they die without FoS all i do is literally Macro till they die

Basic rotation for normal AoE FoS->Weapon Barrage to pull ranged or Single Target Macro since its in there ->AoE Macro

It is just that simple

ANY improvements or suggestions please post this is my first time Posting on the Rift Forums so sorry if I missed something or screwed up somewhere! xD
    Well GL and happy Farming!! <3

From the Guild of: <IM A FLAMINGO CACAW CACAW>
    This spec is quite effecient if you use side steps on pull with large amount of mobs.

Also you can try using 51 sab 15 inf for pve.
    You basically use time bomb , build up 5 aoe charges(no aggro) annilate and detonate.
    Then use rapid set up repeat .
    Make sure you set landmines up and trap and use snare bombs as necessar.
    This seems to work better because rapid fire is on 1 min cooldown.
    I have used this on those mobs in stillmore.Works nice.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    This spec is quite effecient if you use side steps on pull with large amount of mobs.

Also you can try using 51 sab 15 inf for pve.
    You basically use time bomb , build up 5 aoe charges(no aggro) annilate and detonate.
    Then use rapid set up repeat .
    Make sure you set landmines up and trap and use snare bombs as necessar.
    This seems to work better because rapid fire is on 1 min cooldown.
    I have used this on those mobs in stillmore.Works nice.
    whaaa....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

Rift Chaser

Thats quite funny as when I was leveling as bladedancer I had the exact same spec but take the point out of bladedancer and put it in rs for the 14 point root ability that gives you an additional distance closer.

Even though I invented my spec I'm not surprised that other people have used it and come up with it as it's a very good farming spec.

Maybe I'll make a spec using marksman nightblade and infiltrator and call it gunblade.

Last edited by Raitoken; 09-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast