+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1.5 and the forgotten bard soul

Rift Disciple

Default 1.5 and the forgotten bard soul

The current change to the bard soul in 1.5 is nothing but a buff for non-bards.

The soul still suffers from:
    1) healing/dps lag due to constant motiff refreshing.
    2) Lack of mobility due to range and channel of cadence
    3) The most useless PvP CC type.
    4) Low soul survivability + short range abilities = facerolled by warriors melee and mage/cleric AoE.

Would love bard to be the counter to cabalist AoE spam ... but they get to do it from 30m and we are stuck with 20m. They get to hit 7 people, we only get to heal 5. Instant AE Silence/Stun/Snare vs cast Mez.

Think this is the only game I have ever played that a bard didn't get a silence effect ... you know being sound oriented and all.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

I could not agree more!

Prophet of Telara

Signed. Cant' believe the bard has basically been ignored.

Champion

At least they didn't decide to drown your trees by making anything beyond 16 points in PvP.. pointless (BD/NB)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Don't care much about other builds, this thread is about bards!
    And they need a serious redo.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzor View Post
    Don't care much about other builds, this thread is about bards!
    And they need a serious redo.
    Oh if you didn't get it, my point was that Trion's attention in this 1.5 patch isn't necessarily a good thing ;)

but bards.. ugh if the could somehow fix the monotounous system i would probly consider playing it from time to time on my rogue (ive grown to hate cadence and its all to spamed presence on my hotbar)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    The current change to the bard soul in 1.5 is nothing but a buff for non-bards.
    3) The most useless PvP CC type.
    4) Low soul survivability + short range abilities = facerolled by warriors melee and mage/cleric AoE.
    Bard has problems, but these arent among them. Typical bard pvp specs are an absolute ***** to take down, while grinding r8 it wasn't uncommon for me to blink into the middle of a guardian group in E:WS and tank them until they died, also, our mez cant be cleansed.

(Gear)

Soulwalker

......*signed*

Besides the desperate cadence spam in PvP and the useless mez, mainly because this game is a AE fest, the bard cannot kill anything and in PvE it would be nice if it was possible at least to pull the same numbers as a chloro or a chloro/archon, also motif of encouragement is just a waste of space and just shows the bard was a joke from the get go.

Soulwalker

Played a bard since level 35 and I use it in raids DH, GP, GSB. I couldn't agree more with OP. +1 signed

Plane Touched

/signed. I wont play Bard anymore, dont care. Once my 15 seconds of virtuoso is up Im basically useless in PvP. With the buffs to the other rogue classes there is little to no reason to play Bard now, moreso then before.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taldren View Post
    Would love bard to be the counter to cabalist AoE spam ... but they get to do it from 30m and we are stuck with 20m. They get to hit 7 people, we only get to heal 5. Instant AE Silence/Stun/Snare vs cast Mez.
    Flourish heals 10 people, recharge of 20 seconds

VoVitality, 20 people, 60 seconds.

So in the same amount of time we can heal 20 people, Flourish can heal 30. Yeah, bards are screwed on that also.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    I wont play Bard anymore
    I wont either once a game in a galaxy far far away is released.

I gave Trion a fair chance, even after I learned they were just Warhammer re-branded. There has been so many issues that has turned me off from this game and this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
    I wont either once a game in a galaxy far far away is released.

I gave Trion a fair chance, even after I learned they were just Warhammer re-branded. There has been so many issues that has turned me off from this game and this company.
    So you're going to go to Bioware Mythic, aka the people behind WAR, for SW:ToR?
    Last edited by Kyera; 09-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

I agree, bards need a silence, possibly a purge? if your going to make a support class a support class give it the ability to help out with more than just buffs and heals. it would be cool also to have a rang buff. and possibly a way to have buffs refresh if we are continuously healing on there own? or would that last one be to much to ask for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast