+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Sabo in PvP

Rift Disciple

Default The Sabo in PvP

I gave up on the idea of surviving the majority of my pvp encounters a long time ago. As a lowly R4 rogue, I just can't put enough hurt on anyone to make it out alive.

One day I decided to just say **** it and whip out my 44sab (fun pve spec when you can't/don't want to get in close enough for sabdancer) in a warfront and I haven't looked back. Sure, I go down pretty easily if I'm focused, but death isn't so frustrating when you've accepted that it's going to happen, anyway.

Since I started doing this I get a fairly average amount of kb's and often reach the top 5 in damage done in the warfront. The trick is not getting noticed and never being caught out by yourself. I've found this is actually fairly easy to do if you choose your targets carefully. Plus you can actually be an asset to your team through the proper use of your bombs and landmines (I find that both of these are most viable in Port Scion, with its often tight choke points).

Does anyone else try to pull this off? I notice another sabo running around every once and a while and often wonder how successful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbrownie View Post
    I gave up on the idea of surviving the majority of my pvp encounters a long time ago. As a lowly R4 rogue, I just can't put enough hurt on anyone to make it out alive.

One day I decided to just say **** it and whip out my 44sab (fun pve spec when you can't/don't want to get in close enough for sabdancer) in a warfront and I haven't looked back. Sure, I go down pretty easily if I'm focused, but death isn't so frustrating when you've accepted that it's going to happen, anyway.

Since I started doing this I get a fairly average amount of kb's and often reach the top 5 in damage done in the warfront. The trick is not getting noticed and never being caught out by yourself. I've found this is actually fairly easy to do if you choose your targets carefully. Plus you can actually be an asset to your team through the proper use of your bombs and landmines (I find that both of these are most viable in Port Scion, with its often tight choke points).

Does anyone else try to pull this off? I notice another sabo running around every once and a while and often wonder how successful they are.
    Sabo is the only build for rogues I enjoy playing. I got a friend that plays some kinda Sabdancer varient in PvP and he nukes people with it. Only problem with sab besides survivability is the charges are poisons so they can be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Soulwalker

Default sab

Ok on the ptr and being tested is rogue general dps buff and making the trees work together better, I.E make rogues dps and abilities work more similar to their warrior counter part as far as burst and not sol dependant on over time dps from bleeds and poisons. Or the omg surprise dps from a stealth attack which still is crit dependant to even make a dent. Having a 50 of every type I will tell you this one thing right now.... until that patch hits Sabo / sabdancer no matter how you swing, it is just a joke either me on my rogue killing them or any other toon I have they are just a joke don't roll it or think about it at this time they have to be the easiest kill out there outside of a dps cloth caster, in fact I fear those more because they can still hurt you. Sabs no matter how you spin it tickle unless you want to watch R1s of any type kill your R8 Sabo. Once you get past the oooooo I can make a boom neato effect they are garbage at this time in pvp.

In fact I shouldn’t of told you this, because honestly there is nothing more that I love outside of my wife than killing high rank Sabs because they don‘t know better.
    Last edited by Heavensgate; 09-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread