+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Progression path for a ranger

Default Progression path for a ranger

So anyway still kinda new to rift as a whole though i've come a hella long way from when i first installed the game, What i'm wondering is now that i'm nearly at level cap what reps should i start farming/what gear do i want to look into getting to get into raids? i know i want a 200 hit rating and to stack dex>crit>ap (or so what little info i've found has said at least) and 300 hit for HK and wanted to confirm that, Also is ranger/assassin/MM still the best raiding combo or has that changed?

Then the macros i've found dont seem to work for **** so i would appreciate links to new ones anyway, Thanks in advance for the help.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition @ 3.7 GHZ
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel
    Graphics: SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
    Monitor: HP S2031 widescreen @ 1600x900

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticIceFox View Post
    So anyway still kinda new to rift as a whole though i've come a hella long way from when i first installed the game, What i'm wondering is now that i'm nearly at level cap what reps should i start farming/what gear do i want to look into getting to get into raids? i know i want a 200 hit rating and to stack dex>crit>ap (or so what little info i've found has said at least) and 300 hit for HK and wanted to confirm that, Also is ranger/assassin/MM still the best raiding combo or has that changed?

Then the macros i've found dont seem to work for **** so i would appreciate links to new ones anyway, Thanks in advance for the help.
    craft the 4 piece epic set with the epic dex (nimble) augment (called flawless thiefstone)

craft the legs and helm as well. buy rune carved bow, buy epic hit neck and epic hit rings, get a good offhand (abyssal hatchet probably best as 4pc set above comes with dagger). run raid rifts all day long until your eyes bleed and fill it up with 6 epic lessers as soon as possible (life drops 2 diff crit ones which are not unique, getting 6 is very easy if you just run the DRR when it is life and do it all day long), likewise death has 3 different AP lessers which are good you can pick if the daily is death, at this gear lvl it doesnt matter if you stack AP or crit, just get whichever is epic and whichever you find first. save 50 inscribed for the ranger greater (since you said ranger).

now you have over 220 hit and are in mostly epic gear and have yet to run a t1 or t2 expert dungeon! congrats you are ready to raid! pug DH and GP until you get some t3 weapons and jewelry, also make sure to get hit gloves and helm from there. once you have t3 helm, gloves, 2 daggers and a gun/bow you will be ready for HK with enchants. this can all be done starting with crafted gear and going into GP/DH while doing raid rifts. you don't ever have to step foot into a t1 or t2 or even gsb/ros to get HK ready.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread