+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1.5 good but not good enough.

Rift Disciple

Default 1.5 good but not good enough.

while its a good start, i still dont feel as tho i can compete with other melee dps, marks ranged dps is looking alot better now, but still is abit of a one trick pony dps wise(wait for hit and run use it dps then wait) but then im not much good with marks anyway.

i feel the melee dps still needs alot of work, our burst and sustained dps is still no where near warriors, what do you people think?

i feel each that the main issue is that rogues are forced melee wise into physic damage maybe a buff per soul to allow us to change the damage? assassin Water damage? nightblade? death damage blade dancer? air damage? sabo? heat? ranger? life damage marks maybe earth?
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by direwind View Post
    while its a good start, i still dont feel as tho i can compete with other melee dps, marks ranged dps is looking alot better now, but still is abit of a one trick pony dps wise(wait for hit and run use it dps then wait) but then im not much good with marks anyway.

i feel the melee dps still needs alot of work, our burst and sustained dps is still no where near warriors, what do you people think?

i feel each that the main issue is that rogues are forced melee wise into physic damage maybe a buff per soul to allow us to change the damage? assassin Water damage? nightblade? death damage blade dancer? air damage? sabo? heat? ranger? life damage marks maybe earth?
    Rogues were not that far behind. You still have a few weeks of testing, chillax. Btw you should give parses and such. I have seen assassins Gibs me quick, they do not need a super buff, only a little.

I would like to see tanking mit increases.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    I would like to see tanking mit increases.
    So would the entire rogue community. If they don't address this in the patch I will lose all faith in Trion as a company. They have had ample time to adopt one of the MANY good ideas here on the forums to fix rogue mitigation.

So far as I can tell they've yet to address the whole "rogue should be scary like warrior" factor, and have instead opted to give us more survivability.
    I'm hoping there are some more changes, especially to blade dancer, in the coming days and weeks to fulfil this goal they have set. I can see assassin being much more capable in 1v1 now vs classes with only a few self heals, such as warriors and chlorolocks.

(Gear)

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    So far as I can tell they've yet to address the whole "rogue should be scary like warrior" factor, and have instead opted to give us more survivability.
    I'm hoping there are some more changes, especially to blade dancer, in the coming days and weeks to fulfil this goal they have set. I can see assassin being much more capable in 1v1 now vs classes with only a few self heals, such as warriors and chlorolocks.
    BD is still useless besides DD and a few passives.

All physical damage + useless dodge talents = No viability.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    BD is still useless besides DD and a few passives.

All physical damage + useless dodge talents = No viability.
    I know, that's why I said I look forward to the changes they hopefully will make...

(Gear)

Shield of Telara

I'm scared we're going to be OP... I'll leave further judgment to when the changes actually get implemented though...

like others have said, rogues weren't that far behind and honestly the improved survivability may be all that is needed.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Koe

Let's not forget Weapon Barrage will also do no damage.

Pretty much a nerf across the board.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    I'm scared we're going to be OP... I'll leave further judgment to when the changes actually get implemented though...

like others have said, rogues weren't that far behind and honestly the improved survivability may be all that is needed.
    Our damage outside of Sabdancer really need to come up for PvE it is pretty bad as is. Just wonder what effects this will have towards PvP. I don't PvP at all since the released the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Let's not forget Weapon Barrage will also do no damage.

Pretty much a nerf across the board.
    also a good 40ish dps nerf to warriors so it was fair (and needed).

im loving 1.5, many more builds that are viable with endless combinations since all the trees have 15 points that are useful to anyone (melee or dps) and that includes riftstalker! now we just need a bard overhaul to be perfect.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post

We weren't that far behind? in what? Sustained DPS with a bastard spec called sab dancer that takes time to get going? Or NB that... takes time to get going?

Completely miles behind in pvp for this reason. By the time you get going, you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elipse View Post
    We weren't that far behind? in what? Sustained DPS with a bastard spec called sab dancer that takes time to get going? Or NB that... takes time to get going?

Completely miles behind in pvp for this reason. By the time you get going, you're dead.

I think this is what many players are looking for, the "scary factor" in pvp, I'm not seeing any added punch or burst, except for Sins. Ranged seems like a lateral move in both Rgr and MM, shifted some damage around but didn't actually add any. Still forced to rely on cooldowns for burst, just added fluff while waiting on them.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 09-08-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    So would the entire rogue community. If they don't address this in the patch I will lose all faith in Trion as a company. They have had ample time to adopt one of the MANY good ideas here on the forums to fix rogue mitigation.
    Actually half the Rogue community seems to think Riftstalker needs more DPS abilities and talents and tanking be damned. 6 DPS souls isn't enough to work with.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Actually half the Rogue community seems to think Riftstalker needs more DPS abilities and talents and tanking be damned. 6 DPS souls isn't enough to work with.
    Probably cause we don't have 6 dps souls. We have souls that should be dps souls but aren't so the community is looking for anything at all to make them less crap. Thus "make riftstalker have higher dps so we can have some survivability and we need said survivability cause we have no real burst DPS".

Soulwalker

The problem with the cooldowns in MM is that they have a longish timer to reset.
    Three options---

1) Add another cooldown or two that increases DPS that cannot be used in conjunction with current cooldowns. Double combo point fire or perhaps a mini strafe with 3 shots instead of 5.
    2) Lower cooldowns timers so the wait time isnt so terrible.
    3) Have one or more of the timers drop 1 or 2 seconds when critting or some other mechanic.

Im all for 1 simply to add more to the rotation. It kind of needs it.

Dont get me wrong the munitions are great, energy starvation is a huge problem in PVE and PVP for marks; bring a bard or get anemic damage. It helps a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast