+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bard, riftstalker, saboteur ... nice

Soulwalker

Thumbs up bard, riftstalker, saboteur ... nice

I'm just starting out but this has been incredibly fun thus far. can only imagine what its like when you get your healing motifs (or is it fanfares, still a noob) o.O

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhaze View Post
    I'm just starting out but this has been incredibly fun thus far. can only imagine what its like when you get your healing motifs (or is it fanfares, still a noob) o.O

Thoughts?
    That's what my low level bard uses in PvP and I'm loving it too. Zero points in Sab for the Adhesive Bomb, most in Bard and a few in RS. Good stuff. Is probably a lot better at 50 though once you can get all the talents in.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 09-08-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Soulwalker

I am really enjoying it at lvl 45. Pretty much all in bard/riftstalker. I am hard to kill and blink all over the place. I didn't do saboteur though, getting the PVP soul for the trinket.

It is a whole lot of fun, especially healing everyone in Black Garden and running the stone in WS. A 6k HP bard is a whole lot of fun.

Thumbs up

Wait a min, hold up! Hang on a sec..
    You mean you guys aren't complaining about pvp?

This has got to be a forum first!

inb4 "wait till you get to 50"
    Last edited by despite; 09-08-2011 at 08:53 AM.

I am enjoying Bard/RS with 0-pt Ranger for lowbie wfs

Quick Shot/Head Shot let you build CP's and finish someone off from 30m instead of 20m. I have them both macro'd under Cadence/Coda of Wrath, so no matter what I'm still dealing damage. Coda of Wrath hits so hard. Seeing 350-400 crits at level 14, lol

The best part is al lthe while i'm healing with cadence and buffing the group with motifs. Long live lowbie pvp
    Saralene - Cleric || Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    I am enjoying Bard/RS with 0-pt Ranger for lowbie wfs

Quick Shot/Head Shot let you build CP's and finish someone off from 30m instead of 20m. I have them both macro'd under Cadence/Coda of Wrath, so no matter what I'm still dealing damage. Coda of Wrath hits so hard. Seeing 350-400 crits at level 14, lol

The best part is al lthe while i'm healing with cadence and buffing the group with motifs. Long live lowbie pvp
    Dang. At R2 my Shadow Assault hits regularly for about 200. With all of my blink buffs up it crits for about 700. lol You're critting for more than my builders crit for
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by despite View Post
    Wait a min, hold up! Hang on a sec..
    You mean you guys aren't complaining about pvp?

This has got to be a forum first!

inb4 "wait till you get to 50"
    Wait til you get to 50.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Wait til you get to 50.
    You beat me to it.

I'll say what everyone else has. Rogue is awesome fun 1-49. I had a blast. Then I hit 50. Went from fun, to die every 2 seconds, grind it out till high rank cause you're thinking once you get there, you'll be balanced and have fun again. Then you get there... and realize you're still way behind and then you come to the forums to complain with the rest of us.

Rift Disciple

Does Bard need more +int for more damage or just Attack Power? I think I am going to try Bard tonight but all my gears are for +dex and none for +int or wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Dang. At R2 my Shadow Assault hits regularly for about 200. With all of my blink buffs up it crits for about 700. lol You're critting for more than my builders crit for
    lol I am sure that Bard DPS is totally unviable at 50, but I am curious enough I might un-shelve my Rogue on Deepstrike to try out some lol-specs with Bard. I'm envisioning some fun with Riff + finishers, but not actually killing things. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    Does Bard need more +int for more damage or just Attack Power? I think I am going to try Bard tonight but all my gears are for +dex and none for +int or wisdom.
    Just Attack Power

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    Just Attack Power
    Oh? So I can carry a bow and just stack DEX for +attack power then. Awesome. This means Unseen Fury can increase my Life damage then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    Oh? So I can carry a bow and just stack DEX for +attack power then. Awesome. This means Unseen Fury can increase my Life damage then.
    Yup

Says so right in Coda of Wrath:
    Plays a Coda that uses Combo Points to deal weapon plus Life damage. Energy Cost is reduced with more Combo Points.
    Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points.
    This attack cannot be blocked, parried or dodged.
    Last edited by Saralene; 09-08-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Oh my god. I respec into Bard tonight and I like it soooooooooo much more than my Ranger. Who says Bard's damage is low? Maybe Ranger's damage is too low? lol

I tried to test Fanfare with +str/dex which should increase my Attack Power but I think don't think it increases my Cadence's life damage?

Or Attack Power only scales with Combo finisher?

I tried Bard in pvp 3 times and I like him A LOT more than my Ranger. In fact, the only thing Ranger is good for is spamming aoe. He has trick shot and rain of arrow to spam. Other than that, I find Bard so much more useful.

I love life leeching attacks like Cadence. I like the constant action.

I know I am still new. Maybe Bard's damage is not high enough but if that's the case, then Ranger seems even worse? I find Bard soloing so much better than Ranger. If my pet dies or if the mobs surround me, I am usually so dead. With Bard, I can constantly heal myself while damaging them.

+ Reply to Thread