Thread: ok tried to PVP meele Ouch need a ranged build

Soulwalker

Default ok tried to PVP meele Ouch need a ranged build

ok tried to PVP meele Ouch need a ranged build Please

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skuff View Post
    ok tried to PVP meele Ouch need a ranged build
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-08-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuff View Post
    *5 minutes later*

ok tried to pvp range Ouch need to re-roll Please

Rogues can't melee right now. You stealth in or charge, pop your cool down abilities, and hope for a couple of second you aren't noticed and are beating on under geared bads in order to contribute.

Range isn't much different at all you are just ignored by warriors instead of instantly b-lined to.

Ascendant

Spec bard + 18 into RS for guardian phase.

30% reduction from guard phase + 5% motif reduction + 30% or more valor reduction (assuming P2 since it takes <1 day to get) and you become a monster. Stand in the middle of their team and spam cadence while their entire team of DPS struggle to kill you.

If they have a rogue with eradicate you are screwed though.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Champion

I would suggest 32 or 34 Bard, 26 or 24 RS, and 8 NB all the way until r8. It's by far the most effective spec for group fighting.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    I would suggest 32 or 34 Bard, 26 or 24 RS, and 8 NB all the way until r8. It's by far the most effective spec for group fighting.
    Any chance you could link a spec? I might want to say that I just got level 50 2 days ago and have no pvp experience in Rift... Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    This should have some kind of "but don't expect to kill anyone" disclaimer with it.

I have fun with a 44 Marks/Assassin/Ranger Build from R5-R8. You can eradicate spam healers or burst down some dps (don't target warriors or geared clerics though). Otherwise, it's just as useless, but you get to stay alive longer and help your team with eradicate spam while "safely" sprinting around and pushing yourself back.

In 1.5 that burst goes away though.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boneloaf View Post
    I have fun with a 44 Marks/Assassin/Ranger Build from R5-R8. You can eradicate spam healers or burst down some dps (don't target warriors or geared clerics though). Otherwise, it's just as useless, but you get to stay alive longer and help your team with eradicate spam while "safely" sprinting around and pushing yourself back.

In 1.5 that burst goes away though.
    That spec is bad. Going 44 MM and then stopping is total nonsense. Nothing you get with those 7 points can compensate for losing Sniper Pedestal. Also, your signature, lol.

I can't imagine any builds without 12 + Infiltrator for Cleanse Soul with all the Chloro/XX's and Cabs running around these days.

Check any out MM/NB combos, those work pretty well as a ranged rogue these days. You just have to maintain your 30M distance from the warriors. Its all about being aware of your surroundings.
    <Retired>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    If PTS stands as it is with the 38NB heals this spec may be pretty great out there if you're solo queuing.
    <Retired>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Spec bard + 18 into RS for guardian phase.

30% reduction from guard phase + 5% motif reduction + 30% or more valor reduction (assuming P2 since it takes <1 day to get) and you become a monster. Stand in the middle of their team and spam cadence while their entire team of DPS struggle to kill you.

If they have a rogue with eradicate you are screwed though.
    Holy...this sounds very good! So with Guard Phase, you just lose 30% of damage output but you get so much more defense?

+ Reply to Thread