+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General soloist ideas, help requested.

Default General soloist ideas, help requested.

Hi guys,

I just recently picked up the game and rolled a warrior tank and am enjoying it greatly. The content I'm experiencing is fantastic! I've decided I'd like to make an all purpose class and the Bard really strikes my fancy. I suppose the purpose of my build would be to adequately fill a support role in a regular 5 man being able to dps or heal as necessary and still provide reasonable buffs, whilst being able to perform a few other things.
    -Solo lower level content (the pace is unimportant)
    -Solo minor Rifts and Invasions comfortably
    -Solo any rare world spawns
    -Solo small group quests
    -PvP ably in warfronts

I know that it is relatively cheap to purchase multiple roles, and be able to perform any of these actions more effectively with a build specifically catered to it, but I'm looking for a kind of do-all jack of all trades build just for fun purposes. I tossed around the idea of a Bard/Ranger/Bladedancer build, leveling first through Ranger, then Bard for obvious survivability whilst questing and leveling. Please critique, but understand, I know very little of the Rogue class, and it will likely show.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EI0V00szM.xmd

Now my reasoning behind the build, I wanted the instant cast ranger pet, I think that's very important, so I had to spec as far as I did into Ranger. I wanted Motif of Grandeur, so I had to have 28 points in Bard, and I wanted to buff up Bard as much as possible to give some good healing capability. Finally, I specced for some survivability in Bladedancer. Going as far as I did for the ranged silence. I thought these 3 factors (Insta-pet, bonus healing Motif, and ranged interrupt/silence) were all critical for what I want out of this character.

So what do you guys think? Is there a better way to get more out of my character for what I want? A better spec already in existence to serve the same purpose I intend. Thanks for any helpful criticism in advance!

Shadowlander

This spec gets the job done for everything you mentioned except pvp. Some group quests will be impossible to solo until you gear way up but I've used this spec since I hit 50 way back when. Still works like a charm and only gets better with gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyhWsJmc0U

27 NB/26BD/13RS

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowjack View Post
    This spec gets the job done for everything you mentioned except pvp. Some group quests will be impossible to solo until you gear way up but I've used this spec since I hit 50 way back when. Still works like a charm and only gets better with gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyhWsJmc0U

27 NB/26BD/13RS

I apologize. I just noticed that you wanted to focus on bard. I guess I would suggest you use the build all the bots seem to use. Bard/ranger/rifstalker, but I don't have the numbers. You're going to need a separate spec for 5 man dungeons though. There are a lot of bard threads with various builds, I personally prefer the bard dancer for 5 mans, which uses deadly strike to double up the power of cadence.

+ Reply to Thread