+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: [Feedback] Eradicate (marksman)

Rift Master

Default [Feedback] Eradicate (marksman)

Eradicate still not having a cooldown is overpowered, and now would be a good time to add a 12 or 10 second cooldown.

It's completely negating important core abilities of numerous souls.
    Purifier is unusable in PvP due to every one of it's mechanics, including it's 31 point ability being completely negated in the presence of a no-cooldown spammable purge, to put forth the most impacted example.
    (eradicate negates it's shields at 60x the rate they can be used, surging flames at 6x the rate it can be cast without the presence of pushback or cloudy poison)

Justicar's core mechanics of reparation and salvation (cleric ghetto lifegiving veil) are being negated by a no cooldown purge happening at triple the rate that they can be refreshed. (3 seconds to apply both, during the space of which eradicate purges 6 buffs)

Dominator's iconic Split Personality is spam purgeable on demand without the forethought required to clean up other buffs before it comes out in the same fashion.

Overall, it's simply extremely frustrating and overpowered.
    The marksman soul itself being so strong and having very diverse utility in general in addition to negating cooldowns on demand without forethought, anticipitation, or aid is excessive.

Thumbs up I'm down...

Make it do some minimal damage and I'll take your 10 second cool down dropping the energy use to 10.

I'm a rogue and I approve this message :P
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

Soulwalker

Justicar's core mechanics of reparation and salvation (cleric ghetto lifegiving veil) are being negated by a no cooldown purge happening at triple the rate that they can be refreshed. (3 seconds to apply both, during the space of which eradicate purges 6 buffs)
    To compare that with lifegiving veil is a joke, heal of reparation and salvation is a joke expect by using soul drain. The important buffs (Cavalier, Mien of Honor/Leadership) can't be dispelled, so build up doctrines and spam....

Dominator's iconic Split Personality is spam purgeable on demand without the forethought required to clean up other buffs before it comes out in the same fashion.
    If I am not completly wrong it just removes the buff on the Dominator and the adds will still remain.

Anyway, if u remove this utility from Marksman, have fun playing against 2 or 3 Warden in a battle ground, it will be hard to kill anyone in that team, even with focus dmg. Actually Marksman is the only way to counter wardens.

The thing about Purifier u mentioned is true, surging flames should probably be an unpurgable buff.

Rift Disciple

Funny is that focus fire is >>>> Erradicate. Same as Focus heal >>>> Erradicate.
    And surviability of MM firing erradicate ( that doesnt any damage or CC) is near to zero.

Even if all MMs in warfront go hard erradicating in its changes nothing - just if opposing team uses not only wardens. There only one hard counter for Wardens - its a blight from pretty hight position in Chloro tree. If someeoen use it - Warden drops like an fly ( once in 30 seconds tought)

Im fine with cooldown if erradicate got additional effect - damage or AoE aplication...And for sure it should generate Combo point (it does it not)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Funny is that focus fire is >>>> Erradicate. Same as Focus heal >>>> Erradicate.
    And surviability of MM firing erradicate ( that doesnt any damage or CC) is near to zero.

Even if all MMs in warfront go hard erradicating in its changes nothing - just if opposing team uses not only wardens. There only one hard counter for Wardens - its a blight from pretty hight position in Chloro tree. If someeoen use it - Warden drops like an fly ( once in 30 seconds tought)

Im fine with cooldown if erradicate got additional effect - damage or AoE aplication...And for sure it should generate Combo point (it does it not)
    You really need to get over eradicate ... it is always a non rogue crying about it. Again no damage and focus fire = dead rogue.
    I can't wait for the new changes, eradicate will be the least of the moans, it will be at last putting rogues into first place on pve and pvp, at r7 I will have fun eating clers and wars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry edit quoted wrong person
    Last edited by Azzazal; 09-07-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Banned

Its been a complete non issue ever since it was introduced.

At 44 points it does no damage, adds no combo points and is a situational tool. You want a cd then drop it down to a sub 14 point spend akin to all other purges, plus add a 5s recast timer on any self buffs/hots.

Only quite bad players complain about eradicate tbh.

Plane Touched

In it's current state it is not OP. Every time we take 2 buffs, you can put back 1. The whole time we do this we do 0 damage. If we start doing dmg you get all your stuff back up...along with 3-4 stacks of cleric HoTs and you live forever.

I've been in WFE matches where I did 16k dmg. I spammed eradicate the whole time and we barely won. Should I have changed to NB and put up healing debuffs instead of taking off the heals? IDK.

It's certainly not OP when we have to decide to do dmg or not. Also...one of, if not the, only way(s) to stop a Runner Rogue. It's a solid counter to that spec.

IF it weren't for the upcoming Rogue changes, I'd say someone is trying to remove the last useful combat skill a Rogue has...
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post

Lol "someone"? Who, you? How many wardens have you dropped like flies with eradi spam? Because i can tell you how many times a MM has contributed to my death by spamming eradicate

Hint: Its less than 1, but more than-1

Eradicate affects those oh so op puris, more than it affects wardens, on any front. Paper pvp does not help in real pvp settings, and in real pvp settings, either there are a plethora of bad MMs, or eradicate isnt countering the only thing that you MMs claim that they counter.

Got an additional effect like every other purge? Sure, why not? Its additional affect could be it taking off another buff, with a 10 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Its been a complete non issue ever since it was introduced.
    It has been a game changer since it was introduced.

Take a 15v15, where 14 on each side are the same. Have the 15th on each be a MM. One that Eradicates and one that does DPS. Which side wins is obvious. You would be hard pressed to fill that 15th spot with another toon that would bring more to the fight.

Those pesky Warriors that like to charge in and slaughter everything... stripped, they die as they try to run behind their healers. Those pesky ChlorLocks... hit the same respawn button everybody else does. Rogues... weapon enhancements/poisons gone. All those lil' temp buffs... buff fall down the hole.

There are very few builds that are not dependent on some buff or the other - in the heat of battle, often they will not rebuff. Even if they do, they're generally looking at a 1.5s GCD to reapply a single buff when you can strip two with a 1s GCD.

Strip two buffs... for them to reapply, they're looking at 3s of GCD. During those 3s, you can DPS - you could DPS for 2s and strip again at the 3rd...

It is an awesome team ability.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Eradicate is too good a purge (way above every other) and has been added to a soul where it doesn't belong.
    At the time there was lots of complains about healers, especially wardens, and MM's needed a buff, so I guess Trion saw this as working on both issues at the same time.

But MMs got HUGE buffs meanwhile, they don't need it anymore, and healers got nerfed multiple times since then, the game doesn't need a double purge spammable every second from 35 range on the most mobile soul.
    It's ridiculous how a single MM can strip everything off of a group in a few secs.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thormael View Post
    It's ridiculous how a single MM can strip everything off of a group in a few secs.
    A few seconds? Really? My MM lacks this AE purge that that ditches 5 buffs per player, can I has some plz?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sembrin View Post
    A few seconds? Really? My MM lacks this AE purge that that ditches 5 buffs per player, can I has some plz?
    qq for true

Vote for putting Erradicate on cooldown (12 sec) and at same time allowind to work as 10m radius AoE.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sembrin View Post
    You still need to change target, hard I know.

Rift Disciple

Eradicate is really good, but it's really hardly OP.

Firstly, to get it we have to sacrifice quite a bit. 44 points down isn't just any ol' hit in the bucket. It's a pretty large scale overall damage nerf. We basically end up going 51 into MM because we're SOL to get anything else at that point.

Secondly, if all we're doing is spamming it, we're not building any CP's so we don't have any run speed anythings up (Not that they do **** for us anyway with the warriors that can chain blink our *****es). If the other team decides we're dead, we're dead. There's nothing in the coming changes to prevent that outcome either.

Thirdly... I know you've all been in the game where the opposing team has some many damned clerics that the buffs on any given guy go so far down it's actually covering up part of the UI. In which case, there are quite literally two ways to have any shot at killing ANYONE on that team: Blight and Eradicate. More ways of dealing with 10 billion HoT's the better.

Fourthly, with some exception, the buffs we're USUALLY spending most our damned time purging are not terribly important. IE bard songs. The argument that every purge is the equivalent of 3s worth of GCD time for the guy we're purging is bogus. By the time we've managed to get through all the crap buffs and into anything "important" we've probably Eradicated close to five or six times. Often times it's many more than that as crap buffs have this nasty tendency to be reapplied. Now multiply that per person.

It's not a giant purging wonder machine; it reduces the capabilities of one guy, and notice I say reduce here, while we're doing absolutely nothing ourselves. Or it frankly allows us to kill a guy in a reasonable time because he doesn't have 3k hps worth of HoTs ticking on him in addition to shields which aren't reduced through healing debuffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast