+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: [Feedback] Eradicate (marksman)

Rift Disciple

4 x SS = 1 stronger SS. Literally.
    The casted heal is not used by anyone because it's casted as opposed to instant.

So you have SS, HS, OF and an aoe hot.

That's 4 by my count. A lot less than 10.
    Newsflash : you have to purge other buffs too, not just hots. And a warden hot'ing another warden... Wardens/senti get a lot of reactive buffs which take time to purge - There are at least 10 buffs active on a a warden being hot'ed by himself and another. Some of those buffs stack x5 which take multi purges.
    Last edited by Nayobe; 09-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Last I heard, removing of any sorts of buffs is a purge - regardless of what its called.
    So, yes purge is the only way to balance wardens.
    When you have more than one warden (p6+) have fun killing anything without your team focus firing.
    Oh, and if you have no purge of any form, you ain't killing shiz if the other team has wardens.
    Not sure if you were around before eradicate, but it was an fn' nightmare. Nothing died. - Clerics were pretty much immortal.

Keep the buff the same, make the other purges no CD (cept Blight obviously cuz it has a healing reduction)
    It will remove EVERY HOT on them.. Even if they have 4 stacks of soothing streams from 20 wardens it will remove them ALL & give them a 50% healing debuff..

And seriously you act like marksman cant do damage..

My mage was hit with a deadeye shot (along with like 5 other shots for lesser amounts) for 1700.. might not sound alot except for thats through 40% damage reduction from valor & 26% physical damage reduction from armor..

And yes i agree warden is a bit overpowered.. it needs its healing slightly reduced in pvp (while other healing builds need their healing restored & lw needs a nerf).. but your deliberately trying to hide the fact that the purge is useful against ANY class that needs buffs to survive.. its not a one trick pony to stop wardens like you make it out to be..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

I recall a warfront where I was trying to eradicate a mage who had almost a dozens buffs (motifs, etc) in addition to 4-5 hots on him at the same time. Almost funny that his team's healers were actually replacing the hots faster than i could purge them. I couldn't even come close to purging his buffs.
    Those that know how to play can easily find several ways to deal with Eradicate spam. As has been pointed out many, many times before, Eradicate spam = 0 damage, 0 combo points, /lol at rogue. I'ts a useful tool in the right situations but by no means is it OP. If it did damage & combo points like swift shot, I'd agree it needs a nerf but that is far, far from the case. Still, it could use a change so we could still do some dps. Maybe make it function like Scourge of Darkness. I.E. Your next 10 ranged attacks remove 1 buff. 30 second cd.
    Last edited by Holy Terror; 09-08-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Speaking from the Marksman perspective in pvp.

Eradicate is only useful in a few situations. When I'm using it, I'm losing my ability to do damage, and sometimes it takes many casts to strip someone of the buffs I want to remove. Inherently, no one likes having something taken away, so I think the nerf outcry is a little stronger than it should be.

I think the underlying problem is that some buffs make or break a class, that should not be the case. Eradicate is at the end of the Marksman soul, and should be powerful. I think the classes that become useless without a certain buff need to be changed so that it's a loss, but not GG when they lose the buff. Eradicate is fine on its own though. In most situations eradicate is not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Terror View Post
    I recall a warfront where I was trying to eradicate a mage who had almost a dozens buffs (motifs, etc) in addition to 4-5 hots on him at the same time. Almost funny that his team's healers were actually replacing the hots faster than i could purge them. I couldn't even come close to purging his buffs.
    So you're saying it took the entire team to keep you from purging all the buffs from 1 player.

Sounds balanced to me.

If rogues in this thread are trying to convince people Eradicate isn't one of the most powerful abilities in the game, Then they're pretty much lying through their teeth and can't be trusted on dealing with balance issues concerning their class.

Anyone who played DAOC knows how powerful Buff Shears are, they're equally powerful here.

There is a reason most 5 mans will run a 44 Marksman to Buff Shear people, BECAUSE IT'S OPED
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

And seriously you act like marksman cant do damage..
    Yes it's true if you are spamming eradicate, you are doing no dmg, gaining no combo points and expending energy.
    You cannot do dmg, and keep up with purging. - its not effective and a waste of time.

I never suggested to have remove the CD on Blight - that debuff does way more than eradicate.

5 mans will run a 44 Marksman to Buff Shear people
    Heh too bad important class buffs are not purgeable any more anyways
    Last edited by Nayobe; 09-08-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Last I heard, removing of any sorts of buffs is a purge - regardless of what its called.
    So, yes purge is the only way to balance wardens.
    When you have more than one warden (p6+) have fun killing anything without your team focus firing.
    Oh, and if you have no purge of any form, you ain't killing shiz if the other team has wardens.
    Not sure if you were around before eradicate, but it was an fn' nightmare. Nothing died. - Clerics were pretty much immortal.

Keep the buff the same, make the other purges no CD (cept Blight obviously cuz it has a healing reduction)

A better counter to warden is just shooting at them. You outdamage the HoTs by doing so since they're only like 400 HPS total when debuffed.

Eradicate thus has no justification whatsoever, it is only negating the usefulness of other souls completely.

It is currently doing the same thing as Purge (inquisitor), except with no cooldown. It should remain damageless like purge, and have a 12 second cooldown (shorter rogue GCD, longer range, etc.)
    Last edited by Valanceer; 09-08-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Plane Touched

Looks like there is a long list of skills and people are just going down and btching and moaning till they get it nerfed then move on to the next.

Eradicate is fine the way it is on LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    So you're saying it took the entire team to keep you from purging all the buffs from 1 player.

Sounds balanced to me.
    "Intelligence has it's limits but stupidity knows no bounds." Wow. Talk about blowing someone's post out of all proportion. My point was, all it takes is 1 bard (Motifs, Resonance) and a few hots to protect your own buffs from getting touched. Even better, have the rdps on your team ff them dead. If that MM is getting heals, try this novel concept; Tell a MM on YOUR team to purge off all his hots n buffs! That's AFTER you explain to him why you think his Eradicate needs a big nerf and he's a rotten lier for defending it. Unless, of course, you meant that only enemy MM need a nerf.
    MM are like lawyers. Everybody hates them until they need one. lol. Trion shouldnt balance a game around bad players just because they don't know how to cope.
    Last edited by Holy Terror; 09-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Telaran

Personaly I dont think Eradicate needs a nurf. If it means its an ability to shutdown a warden, then I want the warden to show me that this alone means they cant pvp at all.

People shouldnt expect to be able to kill everything and everyone with their builds, and to be honest the amount of people who pvp who dont use any tactics at all are typically the ones that complain the loudest. If that MM is Eradicating you to death, maby you should try to use the terrain to LoS him so you can heal. If your caught in the open then, well its because he chose his battle well.

How about instead of Screaming for a Non damaging ability to be nurfed, we look for ways to improve the classes. Just as an example for Wardens, Maby make one of their Hots, that when dispelled still heals for a % of its total healing remaining. In Pve this wouldnt do much diffrence, and in PvP would still make it so that removing the Hot would be better then Leaving it, but still makes the warden get some healing from them.

When you scream Nurf, all your doing is Lining up to be Hit next.

I got better idea, lets put wardens hots on CD.
    I mean... they should last longer but have CD, so it will be easier to purge those by other classes.
    Last edited by Morwath; 09-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    I got better idea, lets put wardens hots on CD.
    Or remove the ability for 2 wardens to have the same hot's ticking on a target
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    as long as they remove the ability to have 2 people's dots and debuffs on a target too.. or the ability to have 2 people attack 1 target..

And as far as investment in a soul dictating how powerful an ability is.. the inquis 44 ability should be a root ability considering how crappy it is..
    Last edited by LordOberon; 09-08-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    You can switch targets. It takes 7.5 seconds to roll a set of HoTs (just the instant ones).
    Basic learn to play stuff. It's why wardens are unusable garbage in premades, they just can't heal worth anything. Warden HoTs aren't worth purging to good players.
    Eradicate is deleting the presence of numerous other souls, and it has nothing to do with warden.
    No clue why the bad players have so saturated "omg faesrol heelarz frst 2 win!" around. It's not a good strategy. At all. It hasn't worked in any MMO ever.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 09-08-2011 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast