+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My prototype RS build

Default My prototype RS build

I like PvP, and the Riftstalker soul has appealed to me even before headstart. So I'm R2 on my rogue, and made a hit and run super annoying build. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cbIhqbMkz.Ab0h

So obviously I'm not running this version of the build cause I'm R2, but I have 20 in Inf (It pained me to put those 20 points in the first two tiers). Basically, you set Memory Capture somewhere close by, then use Camo and find the healer. I usually Shadow Blitz>Rift Disturbance, then slap the healer with Anathema (alot of em are too dumb to cleanse) then start whackin em with Keen/Quick til Deadly Strike, then use up the stacks of DD. Then get the heck outta there. What you've done is diverted their healer's attention for about 8 seconds, and given them less time to heal. It really is effective as a support. I've used it in about 10-12 WFs and I really do stop the healer from healing their group (unless they're R6+, then they laugh at me). Also, it's great for running stones and support DPS. With the upcoming offensive changes to RS (not sure what exactly they're changing) this build should be pretty annoying.

Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Thoughts?
    Won't do enough damage to make a healer care about you, will make them spend a GCD to remove anathema though.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Won't do enough damage to make a healer care about you, will make them spend a GCD to remove anathema though.
    It's not the damage, it's the pressure I'm putting on them. Following them and interrupting spell casts and debuffing. They usually ignore me the first few seconds, but once I start interrupting and using DS they turn and start doing something to me. I'm thinking of replacing BD with NB though, for more damage. I'd give up some utility though
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

It's not the damage, it's the pressure I'm putting on them. Following them and interrupting spell casts and debuffing. They usually ignore me the first few seconds, but once I start interrupting and using DS they turn and start doing something to me. I'm thinking of replacing BD with NB though, for more damage. I'd give up some utility though
    You aren't putting any pressure on them. Pressure comes from damage, not throwaway debuffs, and interrupts really aren't a big deal without school lockout, especially not with you wasting diminishing returns for when someone actually wants to kill aforementioned healer. Your only debuff is an instantly cleansed heal debuff with a 30 second cooldown.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    You aren't putting any pressure on them. Pressure comes from damage, not throwaway debuffs, and interrupts really aren't a big deal without school lockout, especially not with you wasting diminishing returns for when someone actually wants to kill aforementioned healer. Your only debuff is an instantly cleansed heal debuff with a 30 second cooldown.
    It's hardly ever cleansed. If it is, I remember that healer and become wary of them. Heck even throwing Anathema on a random war helps. If you don't believe me try it. It works.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

It's hardly ever cleansed. If it is, I remember that healer and become wary of them. Heck even throwing Anathema on a random war helps. If you don't believe me try it. It works.
    I rather save my gold and not waste a slot in a warfront. This build isn't good for anything but not dying, I'm sorry to say.

There are builds with RS that work, this just isn't one of them.

(Gear)

i'd have to test it... but i'd wait til 1.5 comes out to actually run a riftstalker main soul in pvp, depending on the changes... what I see is a lack of spike damage.
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanile View Post
    i'd have to test it... but i'd wait til 1.5 comes out to actually run a riftstalker main soul in pvp, depending on the changes... what I see is a lack of spike damage.
    Yeah. I'm trying to find a way to keep Flashback and Camoflouge, but without losing DPS. Right now it's not possible, but I'm waiting for 1.5. That's why it's a prototype. And to someone who posted earlier, I'm R2. Dying is what I do. *Crazy grin*
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

Rift Disciple

Run 44 marksman
    ???
    profit

No seriously, will have more usefulness, plus you'll have some burst and much more useful abilities. Similar playstyle, except you don't actually run into being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    Run 44 marksman
    ???
    profit

No seriously, will have more usefulness, plus you'll have some burst and much more useful abilities. Similar playstyle, except you don't actually run into being killed.
    I don't like MM. I like melee DPS or caster roles. lol
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

This build is utterly terrible, but it does remind of something I do to amuse myself in Warfronts. If I start the game in Nightblade, I will randomly switch after a death to my full 51 RS tanking build. Then I will run into the other team like I'm a scrub about to die, and start teleporting all over the place while they haplessly chase me around pulling their hair out.

Once they give up, I switch back to NB and have my way with them. I'm sure my team hates me and its certainly not the way to win games, but its not like there's anything better to do! Works best in BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    This build is utterly terrible, but it does remind of something I do to amuse myself in Warfronts. If I start the game in Nightblade, I will randomly switch after a death to my full 51 RS tanking build. Then I will run into the other team like I'm a scrub about to die, and start teleporting all over the place while they haplessly chase me around pulling their hair out.

Once they give up, I switch back to NB and have my way with them. I'm sure my team hates me and its certainly not the way to win games, but its not like there's anything better to do! Works best in BG.
    lol I appreciate the honesty. My two fave rogue PvP souls are Sab and RS. Sab is now kinda pathetic (hoping traps and bombs will get a buff with 1.5) and RS is a tank (Trion said it will become a lil more offensively synergizeable with 1.5). Fingers crossed

Edit: And It's fun to play. I genuinely piss people off. The healers usually don't have alot of offense, so I just follow and blink around em to distract em. It's good fun.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 09-08-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

I don't like MM. I like melee DPS or caster roles. lol
    MM is basically an instant cast caster role. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    MM is basically an instant cast caster role. >.>
    It's a different feel. Much faster and more kite-ey. I prefer the casters like Doms, love them.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

This a thousand times.

I'm 2/8 PvP, so I'm completely worthless. But doing WF in full tank spec, and just finding ONE rank 8 warrior, and spending the ENTIRE game Rift Prisoning him? Feels good.

+ Reply to Thread