+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Rogue version 1.5

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default Rogue version 1.5

    If all the changes that Trion says will happen to Rogues, and I have no reason to beleive they won't, my faith is completely restored in Trion. Until people start crying OP, then I shall hunt you down with my Rogue and assassinate you, because Assassin spec is no longer bad! Seriously if you Mages, Clerics, and perhaps even the Warriors, start complaining we Rogues shall hunt you down. I'm not going back to being UP.

    To Trion, I would like to say that I underestimated your ability to listen to your community. And for that, I am sorry. At least one game still puts the playerbase first, instead of blindly swining the nerf bat and re-releasing old, rehashed content. WoW anyone?

    Anyone else have opinions on the changes, besides obviously being deserved?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched DreadShinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Nothing has changed. Changes are being made dictated by the whiners, qq'ers and vocal minority that is the forum community. This is how it has always been.

    Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    Nothing has changed. Changes are being made dictated by the whiners, qq'ers and vocal minority that is the forum community. This is how it has always been.
    You may call it whining. I call it cold hard facts. On my server, Warriors, Mages, and Clerics all beleive Rogues are UP. Away troll, away to under your bridge.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    I agree with the majority of the Rogue buffs I saw (I didn't read them all) but if Twlight Transcendance is turned into a 50% heal and NB damage is buffed then I think the Blackout / Cleanse Soul combination needs some adjustment. As of now a NB can go immune to magical damage for 14 seconds via 3 CD's, which is an eternity, losing the 3 seconds given by TT still offers 11 seconds of immunity, on top of a 50% damage reduction, 50% heal, and another 80% damage reduction via Twilight Shelter. It's just too much in my opinion. I play a Mage and there really is no counter to this, considering the only purge we have is essentially a channeled ability on a 30s CD that is instantly interrupted or nullified by other buffs we're not even trying to remove.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    If all the changes that Trion says will happen to Rogues, and I have no reason to beleive they won't, my faith is completely restored in Trion. Until people start crying OP, then I shall hunt you down with my Rogue and assassinate you, because Assassin spec is no longer bad! Seriously if you Mages, Clerics, and perhaps even the Warriors, start complaining we Rogues shall hunt you down. I'm not going back to being UP.

    To Trion, I would like to say that I underestimated your ability to listen to your community. And for that, I am sorry. At least one game still puts the playerbase first, instead of blindly swining the nerf bat and re-releasing old, rehashed content. WoW anyone?

    Anyone else have opinions on the changes, besides obviously being deserved?
    I totally agree. Nobody will step out into open world PvP without my express permission. No more rifts, no more dailies, don't even ride through my lands. Unless of course you pay homage.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I agree with the majority of the Rogue buffs I saw (I didn't read them all) but if Twlight Transcendance is turned into a 50% heal and NB damage is buffed then I think the Blackout / Cleanse Soul combination needs some adjustment. As of now a NB can go immune to magical damage for 14 seconds via 3 CD's, which is an eternity, losing the 3 seconds given by TT still offers 11 seconds of immunity, on top of a 50% damage reduction, 50% heal, and another 80% damage reduction via Twilight Shelter. It's just too much in my opinion. I play a Mage and there really is no counter to this, considering the only purge we have is essentially a channeled ability on a 30s CD that is instantly interrupted or nullified by other buffs we're not even trying to remove.
    I agree, but honestly, this doesn't seem very likely to me.

    Blackout, as it stands now and I'm not sure if they are changing it, does NOT block all damage. Much damage can still get through this. I don't see any viable place for your build though, outside the very specialized world PvP against Chlorolocks. Outside any 1v1 against mages, I just don't see any applicable situations for this build. Not to mention, unless the damage buff to NB is HOOOOOOOOGE, this build will never be able to down a well playing mage, as most mages have chloro mixed into their build.

    14 seconds would be a bigger problem when people are running sourcestones. But then again, Warriors Rogues and Clerics can pick up the slack.

    I think I'm rambling, but I just don't see this as much of a problem.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asynchritus View Post
    I totally agree. Nobody will step out into open world PvP without my express permission. No more rifts, no more dailies, don't even ride through my lands. Unless of course you pay homage.
    But of course my brother. Soon...soon...It shall be our time to feed on the innocent and the sacrilegious. Let not a soul tread upon our ancestral land without our knowledge. We shall reclaim this world from the hands of the cruel warriors, at long last. The time draws nigh...

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    I agree, but honestly, this doesn't seem very likely to me.

    Blackout, as it stands now and I'm not sure if they are changing it, does NOT block all damage. Much damage can still get through this. I don't see any viable place for your build though, outside the very specialized world PvP against Chlorolocks. Outside any 1v1 against mages, I just don't see any applicable situations for this build. Not to mention, unless the damage buff to NB is HOOOOOOOOGE, this build will never be able to down a well playing mage, as most mages have chloro mixed into their build.

    14 seconds would be a bigger problem when people are running sourcestones. But then again, Warriors Rogues and Clerics can pick up the slack.

    I think I'm rambling, but I just don't see this as much of a problem.
    I'm not really familiar with the mechanics of Blackout, it's been a long time since I played my Rogue, all I know is that when I'm on my Mage and a Rogue pops the skill, I always miss lol, it's just what I've experienced. And no, you hardly ever see Nightblade's in world PvP, I was thinking from more of a Warfront stand-point, where I do see quite a few running around. Obviously the build is considerably less effective against Warrior's or other Rogues, but on my R6 Mage, if I run into an R8 Rogue, 14 seconds of immunity is more then enough to kill me, and that's before all the buffs in 1.5 take place.

    I also hate the fact that people are trying to balance other classes around the Chlorolock build, since not every Mage plays that build. Personally I play a 51 WL, occasional SC or Pyro, mostly DPS builds simply because the Chloromancer soul just doesn't appeal to me, I don't enjoy the playstyle. So when someone says "WELL A CHLOROLOCK WOULD SURVIVE" it's annoying because that usually means 90% of other soul combinations would've died, and that's not balance.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    But of course my brother. Soon...soon...It shall be our time to feed on the innocent and the sacrilegious. Let not a soul tread upon our ancestral land without our knowledge. We shall reclaim this world from the hands of the cruel warriors, at long last. The time draws nigh...
    Even the mighty clerics will bow to our will. Death will come before they know we have appeared. Only the Faceless will temper our bloodlust.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    I agree, but honestly, this doesn't seem very likely to me.

    Blackout, as it stands now and I'm not sure if they are changing it, does NOT block all damage. Much damage can still get through this. I don't see any viable place for your build though, outside the very specialized world PvP against Chlorolocks. Outside any 1v1 against mages, I just don't see any applicable situations for this build. Not to mention, unless the damage buff to NB is HOOOOOOOOGE, this build will never be able to down a well playing mage, as most mages have chloro mixed into their build.

    14 seconds would be a bigger problem when people are running sourcestones. But then again, Warriors Rogues and Clerics can pick up the slack.

    I think I'm rambling, but I just don't see this as much of a problem.
    NB and assassin have become 1v1 classes, in WFs they can't hold out verse the constant, even just the aoe, dps out there so i rarely see them lvl 50 (and not P8 because anything P8 is good at worst)... if they fixed the cooldowns to be around 1/2-1/4 the buff but on around 1/3 CDs and maybe one->2 off GCD so the soul becomes more reaction based and thus entertaining.. not to mention it would play allot more consistently than it does atm...
    Last edited by garethh; 09-07-2011 at 09:37 PM.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Sozu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I play a Mage and there really is no counter to this, considering the only purge we have is essentially a channeled ability on a 30s CD
    What? What about Consumption? Necromancer tree...

    Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    What? What about Consumption? Necromancer tree...
    you cant reason with idiots sozu. stop trying
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Rogues can out mitigate warriors damage (And they have 1 tanking soul, go figure.)

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I'm not really familiar with the mechanics of Blackout, it's been a long time since I played my Rogue, all I know is that when I'm on my Mage and a Rogue pops the skill, I always miss lol, it's just what I've experienced. And no, you hardly ever see Nightblade's in world PvP, I was thinking from more of a Warfront stand-point, where I do see quite a few running around. Obviously the build is considerably less effective against Warrior's or other Rogues, but on my R6 Mage, if I run into an R8 Rogue, 14 seconds of immunity is more then enough to kill me, and that's before all the buffs in 1.5 take place.

    I also hate the fact that people are trying to balance other classes around the Chlorolock build, since not every Mage plays that build. Personally I play a 51 WL, occasional SC or Pyro, mostly DPS builds simply because the Chloromancer soul just doesn't appeal to me, I don't enjoy the playstyle. So when someone says "WELL A CHLOROLOCK WOULD SURVIVE" it's annoying because that usually means 90% of other soul combinations would've died, and that's not balance.
    actually that is balance. our 1 soul (nb) can be countered by your 1 soul (chloro). that is balance. imbalance is when you have no souls that can counter it (like right now us vs r8 clerics or warriors).

    the problem ppl have is, they want the 1 soul they prefer playing to be the one that is the counter, not another in their tree. but so long as you have that soul in your tree that will counter said spec, you are by definition balanced.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    Nothing has changed. Changes are being made dictated by the whiners, qq'ers and vocal minority that is the forum community. This is how it has always been.
    This is what killed WoW, weak-willed community admin. I thought the Rift design was better than that-- If what you say is accurate, it's a sad day for Trion.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    ... it's been a long time since I played my Rogue..
    Out of curiosity.. did you stop playing your rogue because they were underpowered?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts